We (my husband, I and 15 year old daughter) hired a Noble Duke cruiser from Manor House Marine and Cottages Ltd for a week in August 2012. We were kept waiting for over an hour for the cruiser as other families arrived later than us and were allocated their boats. Our payment was taken (over £1000.00 - not a cheap week!) and we were fobbed off and told our boat was being cleaned as they "..wanted it to be as nice as possible for us". What they never once mentioned was that there might have been a mechanical problem with this boat that they were trying to fix and that was the reason for the delay. The starter motor shorted out a few days into the holiday filling the boat with acrid black smoke and absolutely terrifying us all. Although they were able to tell us (by phone) how to isolate the battery thereby stopping the motor we were left overnight moored up in a remote location with no offer of immediate help. My daughter spent the night crying as she (and I) was terrified that the boat would go on fire. Thank god this hadn't happened during the night as we were sleeping at either end of the boat and would have been separated and trapped by the smoke. The engineer, Brian, arrived with us mid morning next day and replaced/rewired the starting motor but again no offer of taking us back to Manor House, we were left to sail the boat back by the return date, not knowing if it would happen again. When we got back to the marina although the managers knew what had happened no one even asked us if we were ok. Not much customer service there. My daughter was so distressed by the whole experience we just unloaded and left as she just wanted to get home. Fermanagh lakes are the most gorgeous location but Manor House Marine displayed a serious (and disgraceful) lack of honesty about the safety of their boats and jeopardised the safety of a family. Never again. If you fancy a crusing holiday seek out another provider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manor House Marine & Cottages nestles in the heart of Lower Lough Erne, one of the most spectacular lakes in Ireland's waterways. We have 12 beautifully appointed and well equipped self-catering cottages that enjoy uninterrupted views of the Lough. You can relax and stroll aroung our private grounds, we have our own fishing jetties and shoreline. There is a Pitch & Putt, Tennis Court, Boules Pit and games room and mooring facilities all free. Our 9 hole Golf Course is available at reduced rates and we have Day Boats and Bicycles for hire. The hotel has an indoor leisure complex available at a small extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Manor House Marine and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manor House Marine And Cottages Hotel Killadeas
- Manor House Marine And Cottages Killadeas, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland