“Its a great lake if you like snakes.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pocomoonshine Lake

More attraction details
Owner description: Maine lake that is undiscovered by most tourists.
Manchester, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its a great lake if you like snakes.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have fished this lake a few times myself. Yes I have also come across a few water snakes. It’s a shallow lake and a nice place for snakes to live.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Pat T

Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snake Lake”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

More snakes then any lake i've been on!! I even opened my engine cover and found a snake inside!!!!! YIKES!!!!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Anthony B
Princeton, ME
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An awesome little getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed here this year and think I will come back again. These cabins were very secluded and had an awesome lake view. My husband and I were very happy during our stay as the cabin was clean and the appeared to be very relaxing. We'll be back again for sure.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Tricia C
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“I like snakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Actually Maine is the only state with no posonous snakes. Do a google search and see for yourself. Unless you have a phobia or are a nut case, what's the problem with a few snakes? Pocomoonshine is a very pretty lake.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Latitude38
Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very clever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

Well it looks like the locals are trying to keep Pokey to themselves. Over 55 years of visiting this lake and I may have seen 5 or 6 snakes in total. I have seen more in my own backyard in sixteen years. I have enjoyed many activities from swimming, boating and fishing. I find this lake to be a lovely, quiet and relaxing place that I too would like to keep to myself. But would that be fair.

5 Thank Somervilla