“Good for rest if you need it”
Review of V-Express

V-Express
Ranked #1 of 19 Khimki B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2013

If I had a choice I'd rather not stay there. The hotel does satisfy the basic need to rest on a long haul flight and it is delightful to stretch your legs and sleep in a real bed. It is also not very expensive. Having said that, there is a lot of room for improvement. My room smelled a little, the service was really unfriendly and the hotel difficult to find. It is also not very quiet - you get to hear all the public announcements... Window, by the way, does not mean you can see anything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheLegos

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for 7 hours until we were ready to leave for home the next morning. It is very small but all you need. Shower, bed and we took our luggage in with us. No frills and no complaints. It is called a capsule for a reason. We would use it again. Very handy. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask the service help which rooms have the sunny side or not. They may assist you the best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank armorcrewman2000
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked a double bed economy with window (won't bother about the window next time) online before getting there. Had a 12 hour lay over in SVO. After walking all the way from Terminal D towards F, this is somewhere in the middle (next to the First Aid room) in Terminal E. In my zombie like state I blurted out all the details of my booking to this guy sitting in the counter. After looking at me uninterestingly for 5 mins he blurts out in fairly fine English - "I don't know English". Then what are you doing in an international airport! A little later he says - "5 minutes" - after which a woman appeared at the counter. I again told her all the details at which the first question she asks is - do you have Russian visa? Come on! I have already paid $200 so that I won't need a russian visa to get a few hours of sleep.

Anyways, after having skipped a beat that she might refuse my zealous planning of booking a capsule hotel ahead of time she finally took 15 mins to finally hand me the key card. I hoped she was more efficient coz those 15 mins could have been spent on bed (and all that time "the russian guy who didn't know english kept staring at me"). Anyways, the room was small but clean. The window was unnecessary since the screen wasn't good enough to prevent light from coming in. Beds were comfy and I had a good amount of sleep. Shower was fine with good hot water (leaky geyser though) and overall I was fresh for my next flight. Bottomline, once you are past the counter you should be fine!

Room Tip: Don't bother about taking window rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Deystravels
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room for 12 hrs between flights hoping to get some sleep. Unfortunately we had a restless night.
The rooms are fine. Clean, good sheets and comfortable beds. Unfortunetaly the window was blinded, did not open and did not have proper curtains to keep te light out. So I wouldn't bother about paying extra for a window.
The service is poor. No one of the staff spoke any english at all which made the check in difficult. And there was no such thing as friendliness.
The big problem was the noise. People lauging, shouting, speeking out loud, coming and leaving all night long. The sound isolation of the rooms is VERY poor. This is such a pity, for otherwise it would have been perfect
So my advise would be to get a visum and find a hotel outside the airport. If that is not an option, this is certainly better than sleeping in the hall, if you're willing to spend the money.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Paula P
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Minimum payment is for 4 hours.
Quick registration at reception even without reservation.
Quiet in room.
Personal shower and restroom, towels.
We took the smallest and cheapest room without window - it was very small but beds were comfortable to have a good sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ola_Zh
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is ok, but the lady in the reception was absolutely not service minded - not acceptable in an international airport! But I liked the idea to book a room for just some hours! Nice place, but you really need to improve the service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Dmitry N
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The room is tiny, bathroom tiny and the staff not great. We checked in at 950 and because our stay didn't start till 10 she asked us to wait.

The place is clean and very convenient, but that is all. For 10 hours we paid around 150 usd. I know there are cheaper/better options, but with limited it is sufficient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fricking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Khimki
SkyPoint Sheremetyevo Hotel
Hotel Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Sheremetyevo Airport Moscow Hotel
Mon Plaisir
Mon Plaisir
#6 of 17 in Khimki
Aviator Hotel Sheremetyevo

Been to V-Express? Share your experiences!