“Waited too long”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Having previously visited this restaurant we decided to book for a night out. Table was booked for 8pm and we had to wait 10 minutes to be seated. I am not sure if they were short staffed but there were dirty glasses everywhere and empty tables that had not been cleared....The toilets were also dirty with no toilet roll and mess all over the floor.

Once seated we waited quite a long time for our drinks to be ordered and even longer for them to arrive.
Food orders were eventually taken after a member of our party went in search of a waiter and we received our starters an hour after being seated. There didn’t seem to be a system in place and other tables who arrived after us received their main courses while we were still waiting. Eventually main courses arrived and we ate after 10pm. I have to say everyone’s food was delicious but a note to management would be to get their act together before people stop coming back to what I would say is normally a nice restaurant.

If we were not having a good time chatting we would of walked out and people on neighbouring tables were saying the same.

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday afternoon after booking online that morning, we went as a couple and sat by the window. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, checked we were okay for drinks. We ate the lunchtime menu where we had three course, I ate bruschetta, roast beef (which they cook to your liking - medium rare for me) and a chocolate mousse dessert. All was tasty and good quality food. The manager even offered us a drink on the house at the end of our meal which we kindly declined as we had somewhere to be after but thought it was a nice friendly touch. Will definitely be returned and have already recommended to friends.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

We visited with friends and I personally felt didnt live up to the recommendation I'd heard. Very run of the meal food at a premium price. Later found out only has a 1 star food hygiene rating had I have known this I definitely wouldn't have wasted my money when there's so many better Mediterranean style restaurants around for a lot cheaper.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank 123Bexley
Reviewed March 12, 2019

A large group of us visited this restaurant at the weekend for a birthday celebration. It proved to be one of the worst meals I have ever had.

First signs were promising, we were seated and soon had drinks and our food order was taken. My wine arrived, a white Rioja which I was keen to try but which proved uninspiring. We waited a while for our starters. The halloumi salad sounded very appetising on the menu but the reality was two slices of grilled halloumi that were stone cold with some rather old-looking salad leaves thrown on top with two small pieces of walnut – very disappointing, especially for £8.50. After being in the restaurant for 2 hours and 20 minutes our main courses had not been served. I’m not sure if the kitchen just can’t cope with a busy service or if this a ploy to get diners to spend more money on drink. Unable to attract the attention of any of the waiting staff, I got up and spoke to a man who appeared to be in charge of front of house and asked to speak to the manager. He asked me what I wanted and I explained, politely, how long we had been in the restaurant and that we had not received our main courses and that it was unacceptable. He did apologise but then tried to distract me by talking about my jewellery and I reiterated that we were not happy. He said he understood and then put his arm around me – totally misguided, patronising and rather inappropriate. After a further 10-15 minutes wait, the food at last started to be served. One of our party sent their steak back as it was not cooked as requested. My fish platter arrived but was overcooked and dry so was left largely untouched. Nobody came to ask if we were happy with the food. I don’t know if any of this was rectified on the bill as I didn’t see it as our party host generously paid.

This is an expensive restaurant for both food and wine and the prices are not justified by the quality or of service.

3  Thank PedaloGirl
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

I don’t mind paying for quality and tasty food. But the restaurant was a bit pricey compared to all in the locality. Starters were quite expensive, the halloumi had 3 strips for £8.50. The worst was the can of popular ginger beer for £3.50 and it cost max 50p per can.
My friend had the duck which again was over priced for local. So unless you are eating off the set menu. It’s quite an expensive restaurant