“Bad hotel”

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Awake till 3am from noise
Bar staff rude
Room service awful
Took money out of my bank account
Before I'd even checked out and charged me for two breakfast we never had
All in all rubbish
If your looking for a good local hotel in this area don't use this one
Even gave me a parking space only to start ringing our room at 8 am telling us to move the car
Then charged me a fiver for the privilege

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here along with 2 colleagues for 2 weeks. We had to leave for work before breakfast so our company had arranged for the hotel to provide packed lunches instead. on check in we asked for our preferences. Mine was simple any then plain ham or plain cheese. Every day my lunch was wrong, some days I got just dry bread and salad. some days we got crisps and or muffins, it was just a lottery. My colleagues were also wrong most days and we complained to reception every night but nothing was done. I was told to speak to the catering manager and gave him a list, the next day was the worst of the lot, unwrapped dry mouldy bread. The staff are either incompetent or they were as I suspect doing it on purpose. Absolute disgrace of customer service. ,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jody d
stirling
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went here to watch the world tour tennis finals at the o2.the hotel is in a great location easily accessed from London city airport by train and bus.its 50 mins by bus to the o2 but worth it as its a .nice area to spend a few days.within 150 m of the hotel is Sainsbury/marks/argos a number of restaurants and for me as a lone traveller a wetherspoons full of respectable locals.hard to believe how busy that pub is at 11am when I popped in for brunch and all old folk.virtually across the road is a vue cinema ,a Chinese very cheap but good and a nice pub.i spoilt myself and had a suite which came with a 4 poster bed, separate lounge,2 huge tv s ,fridge,jacuzzi bath plus separate shower and at £150/night cheap by London prices.although locals would say Bexleyheath is not London.on exiting the o2 there are 17,000 folk heading home.most head for the tube.i went to the adjacent bus terminus where 20 of us got on an empty bus.so I ll be back
its a shame they can t be bothered to fix the broken ice machines in the corridors.they were broken last year

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

One night stay on business prior to running training course. Overall a good to very good experience after a poor early experience on arrival on the Sunday.

Receptiexperience arrival seemed to lack experience and confidence and it showed with various requests ignored. Public areas were pleasant with relaxed atmosphere. Bedroom was good albeit bathroom was a little tired. Bed was also too soft for my liking. Room service was good as was breakfast. Gym facilities were very tired and limited.

Conference facilities were excellent from room set up, support and refreshments. Acting quickly when i needed to make adjustments. Really well managed ! Couldn't find fault on this front. Would certainly use again for conference facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had booked 2 rooms and one had 2 double beds and one had a Queen bed, for my family of 5.

Parking was easy
Check in was excellent
Rooms were large, very clean.
Bathrooms very clean
Shower and bath were brilliant.
Breakfast was excellent
Pool was great, and was a life saver as they had a family changing room.
I treated my wife to room service food,consisting of excellent Sirloin steak.
All in all, this exceeded my expectations and will definitely consider returning

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Globeman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I didn't ever think i would need to stay in Bexleyheath but I did.
Hotel is quite big.
Staff friendly And welcoming.
Room clean and tidy.
Breakfast good.
I didn't use the spa or pool.
Only negatives. No water in the room? Which seems to be the norm lately?
And Parking charges.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Have stayed here before which was a great stay so did not hesitate to stay again and booked using my BA avoid points. However this hotel is starting to look tired. The rooms are big don't get me wrong but the decor is not modern and rooms could do with a makeover. Bed was hard and neither of us slept well. The bathroom was clean but tiles need replacing and fixtures need some love!

Did not have breakfast in the morning as they charge an astonishing £16.50 per person, we were not willing to pay for that.

If you are parking, do not use the hotel car park as they charge £5 per night. However if you use the 'Bexley Council' parking which is in the same car park but one floor up 24hr is only £3.40. To get to this area you need to drive around towards Sainsburys, take a left at the traffic lights (Cinema on the right) and then at the roundabout take another left and when you see the big car park on the left again go into there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Bexley
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!