“First time to Zingara”
Review of Zingara

Zingara
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 96 Restaurants in Bexleyheath
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Erith, Kent
“First time to Zingara”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had been recommended to visit Zingara but had not planned to do so tonight (our chosen venue was The Bank but it was closed) so we took the chance and went in. There were a group of girls in the bar area and a table of 4 in the restaurant and us, as its Monday we weren't surprised.

Service was excellent, the waiter showed us to our table and took our drinks order. We ordered the prawn rarebit starter, I had the seafood linguine and my husband had the sirloin steak We had a side of garlic bread and seasonal veg. All were cooked beautifully and the steak was huge - OK it wasn't the cheapest steak we've ever had but it was one of the best.

We declined the dessert as we were so full but will happily go back another day and have one.

Didn't read the poor reviews till we got home and were surprised to see people having had a bad time there. I don't think the manager was on and the young man who served us was very good.

We'll definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ceejayblue

London, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, A little over priced, would recommend tapas”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The menus consists of around 6 pages of appetisers that second as tapas and two pages of main meals one of which is burgers. We ordered a few of the appetisers to start which were all lovely then I had chilli vodka pasta for main, which was average and not spicy at all. Some of my friends had burgers and said they were very nice. If I came here again I would defiantly go for tapas for my main as the ones I had for a starter were lovely and they also do deals on these where you can have 5 dishes for £12.95 which is much better value than the main meals.

The restaurant area is at the back with a bar area to the front. There is loud music playing into the restaurant which I enjoyed as it was a Saturday and we were having drinks after however, this wouldn't suit someone looking to have a quite meal.

I've only given the service and average as we didn't wait long for our food at all but there were a few mistakes with the order (although these were corrected) and we waited ages for our table to be cleared and for our bill to arrive.

The bar does large variety of cocktails and although the bar was busy we didn't wait too long to be served.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Manager has an attitude problem”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant mid week with a couple of friends, place was quite quiet so was very surprised to have wait half an hour to place an order. Food was very nice and after finishing we then had to wait half an hour again to get the bill. While we waiting we witnessed another group of girls giving up and going somewhere else to eat . We mentioned this to the manager when brought our bill, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. We called him back as we had a query about the bill. He was then rude to us. I will not be going back here.

2 Thank gembo
London, United Kingdom
“Barred for life - for complaining about appalling service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited Zingara tonight after some unsolicited emails, with a BOGOF offer.
Since there were three of us, we ordered a meal each, plus a spare (since it was free).
After waiting over 30 minutes for someone to eventually come over for our first drinks order, we eventually tucked into our food.
During this time, a group of five girls had loudly announced their departure because they'd been waiting at the bar for 20 minutes and decided to go elsewhere (a Wednesday night; hardly peak).
We then waited over 30 minutes for our bill, which came with only one meal free. After another ten minute wait, the manager eventually came over. When I pointed out the oversight of the meal and the appalling service (as well as the fact the aforementioned ladies had left due to waiting too long at the bar), he acted in the most aggressive manner I have ever seen. He advised that only one meal was free per voucher (not stated in the terms), so we offered another. He declined. I then advised he was in breach of the CAP code. He told us we were no longer welcome there ever again (for appalling service and requesting what we were entitled to).
So here's my review. If you have three hours going spare for a one course meal, mixed in with a pinch of attitude and sitting like a school kid with your hand up for 20 minutes waiting for service on an empty night, tuck in. If you'd prefer a decent service, without being barred for life (may I add we were 30, 31 and 41 years old; not kids) for complaining about service and mediocre food, try one of the other 'independent' restaurants in the area; Bank or 42nd Street (now called Blend, I think).
If I could rate it a zero, I would.

3 Thank terri_allington
UK
“Fantastic - again”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I can't believe the reviews I have just read. This is my second visit to Zingara and I was once again extremely pleased with both the food and the service. I live quite far away or I would be visiting every week - the food is that good.

As soon as you walk in the place has the 'Wow factor'. The decor in the restaurant is very eclectic - fabulous furniture and amazing lighting - very quirky. All the tables and chairs are different which looks fabulous.

I went with my three strapping lads for a Mother's Day treat (and boy can they eat!) but none of us could finish off the large portions.

We started with the appetisers (5 for £20.95) from the extensive menu. We had buffalo wings, Tartiflette - this was my favourite - very tasty, chicken satay with a gorgeous sauce, lamb kebabs and Moroccan meatballs. All were cooked to perfection and good sized portions. The boys had burgers with chips and salad which they enjoyed and I had the Moroccan Tagine with couscous which was absolutely delicious and plenty of it. Main dishes are approx £12.

We didn't have room for dessert and I don't know how much the bill was as they treated me. again.

The service was very friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other delicious appetisers soon.