From the time we arrived at Hotel Venezia where a van was waiting to take us to Raintree Misibis Bay Resort to the time when we were dropped off back at Hotel Venezia to spend one night before heading back to Manila, we could not think of a single incident when we weren't treated like royalty. Kudos to Mr. Ian Varona, the resort manager, and his staff for their excellent service!
The cold buko juice welcome drink was very refreshing. The food was very tasty and we really liked it that our food was set up outside under the palm trees where we had a panoramic view of the main pool and the beach. Their fried leche flan dessert is a must-try (deelish!). We also loved their free ice candy refreshments (mango, avocado, pandan) --- a very "cool" idea indeed!
Our "one bedroom premiere" was very spacious and very well appointed. The king-size bed in the bedroom and the sofa that transforms into a king-size bed in the living room were super comfy. We love the large glass windows that allow the natural light to fill the room and does not deprive us from enjoying the natural beauty outside from the comfort of our air-conditioned room. And if privacy is desired or you wish to block off the sun's glare then their window shades work perfectly as well. They never ran out of hot water in the shower and I was particularly impressed that they provide you with top of the line toiletries. Also, the jacuzzi on the sun deck/terrace was a bonus and was perfect for unwinding and relaxing your muscles after a day full of fun activities in the resort.
I was initially worried that the resort is isolated and far from Legaspi City and that we may run out of things to do. Oh was I ever wrong... we ran out of time to do all the fun activities that the resort had to offer. We were already planning to visit this resort again in 2012 even before our very short stay at the resort ended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets wild natural beauty. This verdant, beach-fringed island offers sophisticated pleasures on land and water – from a relaxing foot wash, welcome upon arrival in your villa, to splashing, sailing or diving in the jewel-like sea and in the pristine lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Misibis Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misibis Bay Hotel Cagraray Island
- Misibis Bay Resort Philippines/Cagraray Island, Bicol