Our group consisted of my parents (both senior citizens), my sister and my brother-in-law with their three kids (ages 2, 7, & 10), my husband, and me, in all my first trimester-pregnant-glory. It was our first trip together, and we couldn't have been anymore excited. Upon arrival, we were given a tour of Legazpi, the highlights of which were a fantastic view of Mayon Volcano via Lignon Hill, and the Cagsawa church ruins. I enjoyed this despite the heat because our tour guide, Bert, made sure we had umbrellas for shade and enough water to drink. Our van also had adequate airconditioning. The hour-long travel that followed going to the resort wasn't entirely comfortable as the road was winding -- not good for people with motion sickness!
The resort, therefore, was such a relief to see after having to endure the vertigo-inducing drive. The view of the beach was lovely, but the sand was rough and only a handful of people can actually hang out at the beachfront. A larger part of it was set aside for water sports, which none of us were interested in because of the extra cost. We spent most of our time either in our respective rooms or at the pools to relax. I loved the daybed in our cozy room, but I found that our closet was too small to accommodate our things. Housekeeping was also rather slow. They were only able to clean our room late in the afternoon, when we were about to head out for dinner.
Misibis Bay is an isolated area, so we actually only went to one place to eat for the three days we were there. In the evenings, buffet was only offered at the casino area, I take it to encourage people to go to the casino afterwards. Since most of the guests did spend their time there, ala carte service tended to take more time at night. It's a good thing we discovered the recreational area and playroom to distract the kids while waiting for our orders. We went as a family, with no intention to gamble. It would have been nice to receive the same quality of service at the restaurant regardless of the time of day.
I enjoyed our trip mainly because of the company. The change of scenery provided for by the resort was just a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets wild natural beauty. This verdant, beach-fringed island offers sophisticated pleasures on land and water – from a relaxing foot wash, welcome upon arrival in your villa, to splashing, sailing or diving in the jewel-like sea and in the pristine lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Misibis Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misibis Bay Hotel Cagraray Island
- Misibis Bay Resort Philippines/Cagraray Island, Bicol