Misibis Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Meaco Hotel(Legazpi)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Legazpi Garden Hotel(Cagraray Island)
Hotel Venezia(Legazpi)
Alicia Hotel(Legazpi)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmisibis bayan hourjet skimayon volcanoinfinity poolwater sportscity tourgolf cartspice marketala cartegarden viewlegazpi airportday touratv ridebicol expresseco parktable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is so far the best island resort I've visited. Boracay/Bantayan and every beach I know was beaten by this beautiful resort. The sand is not as fine as Boracay but the beach itself is clean, the SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH. I could not ask for more. I do not know how they do it really, from the land transfer going to the resort itself, till the transfers going back to Legazpi. Service is superb!

We had a very comfortable ride going to the resort. Upon reaching the island, we were transferred to a private cruise going to the resort. We were given Lei's and welcome drinks and there's a welcome dance everything guests arrive. They also have a Recreations Department, they assign one person to guide you with the rest of the activities you can do. The resort offer a LOT of activities from videoke, segway, hobie cat sailing and etc.

Food is good as well though its too expensive for a glass of coconut shake for almost $6 (it wasn't on the menu but they provided one for me). But the service was just impressive. We didn't have to ask for water, table napkins, towels, or anything! Everything was just there!

While lounging in one of their sun beds, we were given free water/ice candies to eat. :) Every time we are going to have a swim, they take good care of your belongings, make sure your towels are placed neatly.

There's so much good things to say in this resort. My partner is very particular with service that's why he said we will DEFINITELY visit Misibis Bay resort again. 5 days is probably not enough... or maybe, you wouldn't want to leave the resort!

1  Thank jadeandthecity
Reviewed October 6, 2011

One of the most beautiful beach resorts I have been to in the country. The sand is not as fine as that of Boracay's, but beach itself is clean and sand is light khaki color.

SERVICE is top-notch. They are the first resort I have been to which gives free complimentary water bottles to guests (no charge at all!).

They also have one of the best RECREATIONS DEPARTMENT! We did so many things during our 3-day stay here like videoke, Segway x2 tour of the resort, jet-ski, ziplining, Hobie-cat surfing, windsurfing. They offer a lot more activities but we can't try out all of them due to limited stay. They also have game room! You can play xbox, PS3 and Wii in the kiddie game room.

FOOD QUALITY is so-so. The buffet spreads are generally OK, but with a price that is almost near the 5-star hotels in Makati, I expected more. Ala-carte cooking is unsatisfactory in my opinion. Their sister hotel - Venetia - in Legazpi City cooks way better than them.

ROOM is excellent! They go out of their way to please guests. We booked a villa with king-size bed. They give us a free abaca hand-woven bag (bayong) as a souvenir, which you can use as a beachbag too. THen they also have abaca slippers! Room ambience is modern and spacious.

POOLS : simply amazing! They have an infinity pool and a lagoon pool which runs lengthwise in curves. Good for laps.

SPA massages are SOOO expensive! :( I wanted to get one but had to cancel my plans when I saw the price list.

WI-FI is quite slow, but at least usable!

Only GLOBE has a cell site here, so other cellphone networks will not work.

TIP: better to bring aqua socks/shoes when you want to hit the beach. The sand is not that rough, but you will step on a lot of flat round stones (they're smooth) and natural shells which does not make walking the shoreline easy. Not that they are not painful by the way.

Misibis Bay resort also boasts that it is one of the only 3 resorts in the Philippines that made it to the exclusive list of best resorts in the world (I forgot the name of the book). The other 2 are Escaya (Bohol) and Discovery Shores (Boracay).

Room Tip: Let reception officer know if you prefer your room to be nearer the pool or the beach. I would suggest to get a room nearer the pools so that it's a shorter walk to the resort restaurant.
2  Thank vanilla-ivory
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was our second stay at the resort. The first was when the developers were just starting to build structures (early 2008 I think) and the second was two weekends ago where we stayed for two nights. Contrary to our nightmare stay back then (due to the noisy karaoke singing all day and till early evening), this time, we had the most relaxing weekend.
Generally, Misibis lives to its reputation of being a small luxury hotel. Like any establishment, however, it has its own flaws, if we are critical of everything about the place. But I'd rather focus on the positive experience we had.

A van picks up guests from Hotel Venezia to transfer to Misibis. Aside from the driver, a cheerful guide provided a general overview of the place you would pass through. He also offered cookies and cold bottled water as soon as you board the van. It was scorching hot when we arrived but there were two ever-smiling Ibalong dancers providing entertainment to arriving guests. Complimentary drinks were provided as soon as we entered the reception. Check-in was a breeze. We took a golf cart to our villas and our luggage followed without delay. Butlers did not seem to wait for any tip after they dropped off our luggage. The villa was huge with complete amenities you would expect from a luxury hotel.

Food was great and carefully selected. You could exchange plesantries with the waiters and they seemed to exude a certain comforting character. I guess it adds up to the good ambience that the restaurant already posseses.

Guests have the option to take their food near the beach and it didn't seem to bother them to set-up tables and all. A romantic breakfast or dinner indeed. On a lunch (and then a dinner), however, we were told that they only had a prepared set of menu (considering the very low occupancy that time) and not a buffet. To our surprise, the food they prepared for me and my husband could feed five more guests!. It was unbelievable; we ended up not touching some of the plates at all.

One thing I really liked was that they offered unlimited bottled water wherever we went: beach, hobie, zip line, snorkeling...The staff are commendable with their friendly but not-over-eager-to-please-approach to guests. Unlike other resorts where bottled water is limited to two a day in your fridge, as long as you are still billeted, you could ask for a dozen a day and they will gladly add more.

It was also good to note that the resort has put up solar street lamps along the road, making it a truly eco-park in the near future.

The island faces the Pacific. Thus, it is directly vulnerable to typhoon. But, the Philippines being a tropical country, typhoon is a way of life. It only comes during the season anyway.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you love the sound of the water, choose the beach front villa. It is pricey but worth every second you stay on the veranda. Avoid the villa beside the pool --it's noisy when there's a group of swimmers.
4  Thank rower98
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We recently stayed in Misibis Bay's new deluxe rooms for 2 nights. We got our booking through Dealgrocer but we feel we were misled and cheated. When they released the deal, they did not post any pictures of the rooms included in the deal. They let us stay in rooms that looked liked cheap apartments which had small windows without any sunlight coming in. Aircon was dripping. Part of the shower was broken. They had this useless lamp that was hanging too low from the ceiling that bumped our head. No coffee table was provided. The grills of the staircase were not kid friendly, the spaces were too far apart that a child could fit right through it. The housekeeping was right beside our room! What kind of a hotel/resort puts their guests beside the housekeeping?! The floor was swarming with ants. It had to take them 2 hours to have a manager come and attend to our needs. Room service and housekeeping took forever to come. The deluxe rooms were far from the main resort. I think that the building we stayed in was really for housekeeping, they shouldn't have attempted to put guests in that building just to make extra income. When you stay in the deluxe rooms, you would feel like outsiders and degraded. But in fairness to the resort, the villas were beautiful and activities provided were great. I think that they are only tainting their reputation by building the deluxe rooms. If you would choose to go to Misibis Bay, you should get the villas and never the Deluxe rooms. Instead of having a relaxing vacation, we ended up with a stressful and disappointing one.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the villas. The Poolside villas (near the lagoon) look great, they are near the pool, beach and restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank ncyo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This place is paradise - book ahead and get a package that includes a city tour and atv ride to the hilltop (with coffee and bread) at no extra cost. We got a 1Br deluxe villa and our room was literally steps away from the lagoon pool - 1 of 3 pools they have in the resort. our room was pretty spacious (since we had 2 nannies with us, our living room was turned into 2 double beds)

The staff in misibis was amazing. Most of them anticipate things that you might need. Special mention goes to F&B manager Rex who is likely the most hands-on manager you will ever meet. Thea of Spice market also deserves praise as she entertained my 3 kids while we tried devouring the delicious food given us. Check out our breakfast table by the beach!

Every penny was worth it. 3 days was just not enough!. They have so many suggested activities lined up which we were not able to do.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family