“Good value for money”
Review of Scandic Hvidovre

Scandic Hvidovre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hvidovre
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is located 20-25 minutes by car to Copenhagen centre, just by the motorway. The room we stayed in (323) was very small for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children, 10 & 14 years).
Breakfast was very nice with a good variety of hot & cold dishes, bread, pastries, fruits, juices, etc.
There is a nice area at the basement with a small pool, sauna and a gym, which was highly appreciated after a full day out and about.
The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
FOManager1, Gæsteansvarlig at Scandic Hvidovre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2014

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are continually looking to improve both the hotel and the guest experience, and therefore we appreciate very much that you took time to share your experience with us.

We will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I spend a lot of my work time in Hotels. For example it is only February 9th and I have already stayed more than 25+ nights in Hotels.

I happen to like the Scandic chain, when I can, I always stay there. Scandic Hvidovre is conveniently located next to the motorway, which is great for my commute from Sweden to Germany. I have stayed there 3 times, but it keeps on disappointing. So now I am going to give the one in Malmö a try, it surely cannot be worse.

I want to make sure that the disappointment has nothing to do with the staff or the ambiance in the lobby, restaurant. The hotel entrance is what one would expect from a Scandic, modern, clean and really friendly staff (well the waitress in the evening was more like a prison officer, but I started to appreciate her directness after a few beers).

However the comfort changes when you go to your room!

The rooms on the upper floors have not been renovated and they are tired, and when I mean tired, to the point that they should just burn them… the furniture looks like it was found on the side of the road. Now the real issue is with the bathrooms, mould, tiles coming off the wall and god only knows where the shower head was put before, but it looked and felt filthy.

For my last stay I thought I’ll give it a go again and asked for a renovated room, which I got. The room was a family room, was very small, but nicely decorated, to the standard I come to expect from a Scandic.. the bathroom however was again a disaster. And this was a refurbished room!! Mould, tiles coming off the wall.. again, and this is a family room as well, I certainly wouldn’t want my kids in that room. I had such hope that I could continue to stay there, but under current conditions, NO CHANCE!!

Room Tip: I asked for a renovated room, but when it comes to the bathroom keep your expectations VERY LOW… or...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
FOManager1, Gæsteansvarlig at Scandic Hvidovre, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2014

Dear Jochen A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay here with us.

We are sorry to learn that your impression of our hotel was as bad as you indicate - but at least we are happy that you found our staff to be friendly as well as our restaurant and lobby have a good ambiance.

Currently we have renovated all the public areas in the hotel and 60 % of all our rooms.

While some rooms in our hotel are not renovated recently, we put great efforts into keeping it need and clean. I therefore really regreat that you did not find your room well maintained and welcoming.

Despite this, we hope to see you back and have the opportunity to welcome you in our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is designed for people travelling by car due to its location and free parking. The location is great if you have an early flight to catch. Total driving time to Copenhagen airport is 10 minutes. If you come to Copenhagen to see the city and you don't have a car, find another hotel. This hotel is far far away from the city. The drive from central Copenhagen to the hotel is more than 20 minutes, and as far as I know there is no train station close to the hotel.

The staff was not that friendly, she did all she have to do and nothing more. Scandic hotel is supposed to be children friendly and they give children blue lolly pops as 'arrival gifts' - how unhealthy - they could have given a piece of fruit to each kid instead (I guess it's too expensive compared to cheap lolly).

The room we got was small - we stayed there to catch an early flight so it didn't bother us much because we can keep most of our stuffs in the car. The shower was small and worn.

There is no kettle in the room, if you need hot water to either have a cup of tea or mixing baby formula, make sure you bring one, or otherwise be prepared to pay DKK 20 per cup (there is a big sign on the coffee machine in the lobby - Hot water DKK 20)!

The night staff was friendlier - at least he let us grab some biscuits as 'early breakfast', since we had to leave the hotel at 5:30 am to catch our flight.

It's an award night so we didn't pay for it - I seriously doubt that I'll pay to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
ScandicHvidovre, Front Office Manager at Scandic Hvidovre, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback of your stay here at Scandic Hvidovre. We really appreciate it.
Regarding the kettle in the rooms; these are only available in our suites and superior rooms. It is possible to buy a cup of hot water for tea in our shop, which is open 24 hours a day. It is also possible to buy thermos for the restaurant, if more than a cup is needed.
It is possible to take public transportation from the hotel to the city. The bus stop is a two minuts walk for the hotel, and the bus departs about four times an hour.
At the moment we have renovated about 50 % of our rooms, so some rooms are off course more worn out than others. All of our superior rooms are newly renovated, and thus, more fresh than some of our standard rooms.
Thanks again for the feedback, and have a nice day.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice reception area, friendly staff. My room was really outdated. To my opinion the areas except the restaurant and reception need some refurbishment(do not know the conference areq). Breakfast was really good with lots of options.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the feedback of your stay here at Scandic Hvidovre.
We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay and that the staff was friendly.
At the moment we have renovated about 50 % of our rooms. Thus, we still have rooms that are more outdated than others, but we also have totally fresh rooms.
We hope to see you here at Scandic Hvidovre again in the future.
Thank you again for your feedback and have a good day.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice newly furnished Scandic! Nice room and typical Scandic design! Good breakfast selection. Quite far away from town and takes a while to wait for a taxi even if you ask the receptionist to call one for you. Great service and friendly hotel staff! Very basic hotel but really far away from anything! You either should come with a car or you need to take a taxi everywhere. It's in the middle of nothing and frankly quite a boring place to be in.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the newly furnished room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the feedback of your stay here at Scandic Hvidovre. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay.
We would like to inform you that it is also possible to get to the city by public transportation. The bus stop is a two minutes walk from the hotel, and the bus departs apprx. four times every hour.
We wish you many good Scandic experiences in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and have a nice day.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ok hotel for one night for us. As a family of five, we got two rooms on different floors. But the rooms were ok and clean. This hotel is ok if you come with your own car, because it is too far from the town centre.... All in all: good value stay, if you don't have to stay downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank baardos
Reviewed August 7, 2013

To far from the city center, you must take a taxi or a bus if you want to visit the town or go to the beach (6km). Only two bikes for a family...
No air conditioning in the rooms. As it was very warm, we had to open the window during the night, but it's a rather noisy place, due to the road near.
Tiny rooms, poor swimming pool but people are obliging and very helpful.
Nice breakfast.
Convenient supermarket and fast-food (7/7) next.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hvidovre
Scandic Sluseholmen
Inner Vesterbro
Andersen Boutique Hotel
Andersen Boutique Hotel
#3 of 119 in Copenhagen

Been to Scandic Hvidovre? Share your experiences!