“I almost checked in.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hvidovre
Germany+LA, CA
“I almost checked in.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am reviewing a hotel where I didn't actually stay! That is because I decided to leave again before even checking in.
On the way to Copenhagen by car, in a spur of "I don't have a hotel" panic I booked this Scandic without vetting it thoroughly. I arrived past 2 pm, parked my car, went to reception and wanted to check in.
I was told that there were no rooms available yet because the hotel had been full the previous night, and there would not be rooms any time soon because other people were waiting.
Still patient and in a good mood, I told the receptionist no problem, I'd just go and eat if she could advise on nearby restaurants. She actually told me that there was only a McD nearby, and that I'd have to go into town for a decent restaurant. The town she meant was Copenhagen, or 11 km away, or 20 minutes. I went back to my car and cancelled the reservation again.
The hotel is probably ok for travelers that only want to spend the night, and then get back into their cars - but not more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christina B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Modernized Scandic Hotel with free parking nearby Copenhagen, The facade and the exterior could set people off but the interior and the facilities are absolutely much better than you can expect. The restaurant holds good standard and there are also a bar are with widescreens to watch sports and news.I would say that the hotel is at least during the weeks for travelling servicemen and businessmen/woman a suitable overnight place.The rooms are also in good and clean condition / wifi is working well in the room and in public places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Despite the reviews I have read and photos Ive seen, this stay was overall a good stay.

The closest hotel to Hvidovre Hospital, about a 10 minute walk. Stayed while a family member was staying there.

Walking in, the outside doesnt look promising, but inside its a nice and clean modern feel. Friendly staff, very helpful.

Pay the extra 200 ($35 USD) for the updated rooms, otherwise its terrible. The new rooms are decent, despite the very small size.

breakfast is included in price, which was very good to my surprise. lots of choices and good quality. free wifi too, good plus

I would recommend!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian C
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel was clean , staff very friendly . quite a way in to the town . There was a bus stop near so getting into the town was the best option and good value with a click ticket.
The food was good although not a great choice on the menu.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed for one night before we flew to the US.
I've picked the hotel because its located quite close to Kopenhagen's Kastrup Airport.
The welcome atmosphere was very friendly. We did'nt have to wait long and waited in the lobby by the open fire.
While checking in I got to choose between a standard room in the "classic" part of the hotel, or a room in the newly renovated part. As the newer room would have ended in an additional fee, we went for the older room.
The room was okay. Truly in a need to be renovated soon. But okay, we needed a bed to sleep and we had some time before it was time.
So we headed towards the pool / sauna. Pretty nice, since they heated up the sauna just for us this night.
"You can never go wrong with the Scandic-burger" True. Also here. The food was - as always at Scandic pretty good. I cannot rate the breakfast, since we had to leave early in the morning, there was no breakfast present at this time.
It was a pleasant stay, not very fancy, but a good value for the money. That was exactly what we were looking for.
And thanks Scandic for the nice welcome present :-) (Foto)

Tip: Pre-book a taxi when you have to leave to the airport early in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newly renovated part of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Siikajoki, Finland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bit middle of nowhere but very near E20 and quite near airport so especially good stopover for car travelers. Facilities were if rather good shape due it was just renovated. Rooms bit smaller than normal. Breakfast average Scandic quality so almost the same as all other Scandic hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rønne, Bornholm, Denmark
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a single night, with my wife and out tennage daughter.
Arrived late friday and got at famely room, with one Queen size bed and two flipout guest beds.
The guest beds was wery good quality, wich often is a problem in my experience.
The breakfast is wery good, with a large selection.
Only drawback is that the hotel is a roadside hotel, so apart from the Mc,donalds around the corner, the hotel resturant is only close eating possiblilty, neraby.
Would certanly go there again, if i needed a one or two night stopover hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ScandicHvidovre, Front Office Manager at Scandic Hvidovre, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear guest
Thank you very much for the review. We really appreciate any kind of feedback from our guests, as this helps us allot in assuring our service and quality standards. We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay here at Scandic Hvidovre, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards,
Scandic Hvidovre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hvidovre
Inner Vesterbro
Inner Vesterbro
Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Scandic Sluseholmen
#29 of 116 in Copenhagen

Been to Scandic Hvidovre? Share your experiences!