“Terrible service but nice hotel”

Residhome Privilege Monceau Bois Colombes
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bois Colombes
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
“Terrible service but nice hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel for two nights. First of all, the good points. In terms of location it's quite good, it's a 5 minute walk to the nearest train station from which a train leaves every 5 minutes to the centre of Paris (the train ride itself takes about 5 minutes), so within half an hour we were in the centre of Paris. The room itself was great, lovely room with a kitchenette, including a microwave, dishwasher, sink, fridge (and freezer) and some more cooking facilities! The hotel is located on a modern styled square with a supermarket and a number of restaurants nearby (a bit expensive though).

Then, the negative points. What is wrong with the reception staff? We experienced 5 different receptionist and only the first one was quite nice. After that it just went straight downhill.. They don't greet you when you come in, not helpful, and especially not friendly. Since it is a business hotel I assumed the staff to speak English quite fluently but not really. On the other hand, the breakfast staff was very friendly and helpfull! The breakfast room is very small so we were a bit rushed because new guests had to be seated as well. The second day I asked the receptionist if I could take some food upstairs since the breakfast room was packed but she said it was against the rules. I told her other people went up with food as well but she ignored that remark, as I said; unfriendly.
Furthermore, when we came into the room we found quite a number of long black hairs, probably from the former guest, which we found quite unsanitary to find in the room.

So overall, good room, good location but terrible service at the reception. A shame because we did not feel that welcome because of the service.

Room Tip: Probably does not help since the service is terrible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wiebee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here last week while on a business trip. My meeting location was very close by and that was the main reason for staying there. The accommodation was, as per my title, basic but adequate. As I was not familiar with the location, took time to find it (relative drove me). Actually at the south boundary of Bois Colombes, bordering Courbervoie so if you are searching in the town center of B.C., you will not find it.

Pros:
- Easy access to my work location
- Clean
- Kitchenette with Microwave, Hob and Dishwasher (no soap though)
- Very good WiFi : easy setup and fast (at least during the times I used it)
- Good neighborhood shops (supermarket just across the street/plaza)

Cons
- I got a small room although others in my group got larger rooms
- My room had view of building being constructed next door (no noise though)
- Two single beds joined to make on double; mattress was not comfortable although I must say I slept reasonably well; must have been tired
- No direct access to METRO, need to walk or take a bus

Room Tip: Try to get rooms with views of adjacent park or the plaza (Place de la Rennaissance)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Netherlands
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at the Residhome. Nice studio with enough equipment in the kitchen (microwave, some pots and pans, cutlery, dishwasher). Bathroom ok, beds ok, tv ok, breakfast ok. No change of linen or towels. Towels small. Breakfast room is small so you're lucky to have a table. (We were there over the weekend so that's a busy period). It is easy to find a bus to La Defense and take the metro. It took some time though and we couldn't stay in Paris after midnight if we wanted to catch that bus back.
There is a supermarket, a cafe, a creperie, a restaurant and even a spa at the square where the hotel is situated.
I can recommand this place if you want to stay somewhere clean, quiet and not so expensive.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tijgermeid
Finland
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Yeah, the room is modern and the apartment itself is modern. The place is nice, there is restaurants nearby and grocery store. Train station is within 10 minute walk, you can get train into St Lazare (5-10 minute ride) and there you can catch metro if you like. The Internet connection was free, but it was slow and we had to ask new passwords day after day because of their weird systems. Atleast staff spoke good english, that's a plus.

Then the negative things: rooms are very small, cleaning cost extra, clean towels cost extra, breakfast cost extra. One morning there was a fire alarm for one to two hours and the staff didn't do nothing.

I left my bit expensive Philips razer into room and asked the staff later by email, they told that nothing was found. So congratulations, some one has a good razer now.

Not going back and would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tommypee1

Travelers are raving about these Bois Colombes hotels

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Let's start on a positive note: the studio is large, it's great to have a kitchen where you can prepare your own meals! The bathroom was comfortable, though the hairdryer was not working very well - you had to keep the 'on' button pushed as long as you were drying.. We stayed on a corner apartment on the 6th floor, so we had a great view of the park and city. The location is also perfect! The busstop is 1 min walk and the bus takes you to la defense in less then 15 minutes! Train stop is 10 mins walk and is also a great way to get into Paris.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of negative notes as well. Due to one of my family members ending up in the hospital, I wanted to change dates for my stay here, so I e-mailed the staff more than 1 week in advance. They told me it was absolutely not possible to change dates to any other date this year!! Also, I could not cancel (I thought I was pretty on time with my 1 week notice?!), well, I could cancel, but I would not get any refund back.
Since we had already paid for the hotel and the traintickets, we decided to go anyway. When we booked the hotel, we got an e-mail that our check-in time was scheduled 11.00 am. Once we arrived, at 10.00 am, they told us check in would not be untill 3 pm!! Even though I had printed out the confirmation e-mail they send us, they would not let us check in! So we came back at 3 PM.. and got our keycard... at 4.30!! We had to wait for something, the staff member (very unfriendly girl, didn't speak 5 words English) would not tell us what we were waiting for, she kept saying "just 2 more minutes". Once we got up to our room, someone was still in it, cleaning up some mess... Unfortunately, he did not clean the room very well: the doors to the bathroom and to the studio were very dirty: someone spilled some yellow liquid all over them, it was not cleaned! They did not vacuum the place and the bed linen had black dirty spots on them as well!! All over the balcony were cigarette ends and empty cigarette boxes... It was just horrible, we had to clean up everything ourselves!

The breakfast was fine, though there were not enough tables in the dining room, so a lot of guests had to eat standing up or sitting in the hotel lobby or take their food up to their room!! They were very reluctant to filling up empty boxes of bread, eggs or coffe.. so we had to go without very much breakfast one day. Shame!

When we made the reservation, they also told us check-out would be at 12, but we had to leave our room at 10...

The staff and the dirtyness made our stay less pleasant!! I would NOT come back here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ar S
Kolkata, India
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I along with my spouse had stayed in one of the service apartment rooms of this hotel before getting a rented apartment in Paris for our long stay in Paris for the next 2 years. It was a 15 days' homely stay with the best possible arrangements for both cooking and living. It is in a very sophisticated and beautiful location (just approx 9 km from Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Paris and just opposite of IBM, Bois Colombes Branch in Paris. A warm hospitality from the Hotel Staff and all modern amenities available here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights for business trip. It's not a pleasent place to stay, rooms and corridors smell of curry (because each room has a small kitchenette, as it's possible to buy TV dinners in reception to cook in the rooms). The rooms are absoutley tiny, and the bed is actually a fold out sofa bed. You have to pay for EVERYTHING in this hotel, including to get your room cleaned - minimum charge is €7 per day for a 'studio' room and this will get your bathroom cleaned with towels changed & bed made - otherwise, your room won't be cleaned and you'll have the same towels every day. Breakfast is charged at roughly the same rate per day (think it's €9), and is the breakfast room is quite small and ill-equipped to cope with many people at the same time. Staff are the slowest in the world to clear the tables, restock the breakfast items (i.e continental style breakfast). Staff are not very helpful, boardering on the rude. Spent two days searching for another place to stay while on the business trip, as I didn't want to stay in the hotel, but it was very difficult to find an alternative hotel, so ended up having to stay the 5 nights. You need to request the phone to be connected to make calls, and it's disconnected the night before checkout. Dreadful place, wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend at all. There's no restaurant, and no room service. Strangely, the internet was free to connect to - surprized they didn't charge for this aswell.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hotel Terminus Paris La Defense
#2 of 4 in Asnieres-sur-Seine
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie
Aparthotel Adagio Access Colombes la Defense

Been to Residhome Privilege Monceau Bois Colombes? Share your experiences!