“Not so good”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bois Colombes
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Not so good”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Let's start on a positive note: the studio is large, it's great to have a kitchen where you can prepare your own meals! The bathroom was comfortable, though the hairdryer was not working very well - you had to keep the 'on' button pushed as long as you were drying.. We stayed on a corner apartment on the 6th floor, so we had a great view of the park and city. The location is also perfect! The busstop is 1 min walk and the bus takes you to la defense in less then 15 minutes! Train stop is 10 mins walk and is also a great way to get into Paris.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of negative notes as well. Due to one of my family members ending up in the hospital, I wanted to change dates for my stay here, so I e-mailed the staff more than 1 week in advance. They told me it was absolutely not possible to change dates to any other date this year!! Also, I could not cancel (I thought I was pretty on time with my 1 week notice?!), well, I could cancel, but I would not get any refund back.
Since we had already paid for the hotel and the traintickets, we decided to go anyway. When we booked the hotel, we got an e-mail that our check-in time was scheduled 11.00 am. Once we arrived, at 10.00 am, they told us check in would not be untill 3 pm!! Even though I had printed out the confirmation e-mail they send us, they would not let us check in! So we came back at 3 PM.. and got our keycard... at 4.30!! We had to wait for something, the staff member (very unfriendly girl, didn't speak 5 words English) would not tell us what we were waiting for, she kept saying "just 2 more minutes". Once we got up to our room, someone was still in it, cleaning up some mess... Unfortunately, he did not clean the room very well: the doors to the bathroom and to the studio were very dirty: someone spilled some yellow liquid all over them, it was not cleaned! They did not vacuum the place and the bed linen had black dirty spots on them as well!! All over the balcony were cigarette ends and empty cigarette boxes... It was just horrible, we had to clean up everything ourselves!

The breakfast was fine, though there were not enough tables in the dining room, so a lot of guests had to eat standing up or sitting in the hotel lobby or take their food up to their room!! They were very reluctant to filling up empty boxes of bread, eggs or coffe.. so we had to go without very much breakfast one day. Shame!

When we made the reservation, they also told us check-out would be at 12, but we had to leave our room at 10...

The staff and the dirtyness made our stay less pleasant!! I would NOT come back here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ar S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kolkata, India
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I along with my spouse had stayed in one of the service apartment rooms of this hotel before getting a rented apartment in Paris for our long stay in Paris for the next 2 years. It was a 15 days' homely stay with the best possible arrangements for both cooking and living. It is in a very sophisticated and beautiful location (just approx 9 km from Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Paris and just opposite of IBM, Bois Colombes Branch in Paris. A warm hospitality from the Hotel Staff and all modern amenities available here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights for business trip. It's not a pleasent place to stay, rooms and corridors smell of curry (because each room has a small kitchenette, as it's possible to buy TV dinners in reception to cook in the rooms). The rooms are absoutley tiny, and the bed is actually a fold out sofa bed. You have to pay for EVERYTHING in this hotel, including to get your room cleaned - minimum charge is €7 per day for a 'studio' room and this will get your bathroom cleaned with towels changed & bed made - otherwise, your room won't be cleaned and you'll have the same towels every day. Breakfast is charged at roughly the same rate per day (think it's €9), and is the breakfast room is quite small and ill-equipped to cope with many people at the same time. Staff are the slowest in the world to clear the tables, restock the breakfast items (i.e continental style breakfast). Staff are not very helpful, boardering on the rude. Spent two days searching for another place to stay while on the business trip, as I didn't want to stay in the hotel, but it was very difficult to find an alternative hotel, so ended up having to stay the 5 nights. You need to request the phone to be connected to make calls, and it's disconnected the night before checkout. Dreadful place, wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend at all. There's no restaurant, and no room service. Strangely, the internet was free to connect to - surprized they didn't charge for this aswell.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bois Colombes hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 13, 2010

First the good:
* The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable

Now the bad:
* It took me 1 HOUR to check in because their computer systems were down. The reception team did not offer me a drink or anything while I waited in the lobby. Keep in mind that I just came off an international flight...
* Once I finally checked in (and they said the systems were back up), my internet and phone were not working.
* While working to resolve the issue, the front desk help was EXTREMELY rude and was blaming me for the issues. After another hour of fiddling, it turned out that he miswrote the access key -> but didn't even acknowledge or apologize.
* Then the kicker -> at checkout, I'm informed they undercharged me by 1 Euro... Instead of just eating their mistake, I had to produce my card and run a 2nd payment for their error. This just means more paperwork for me when expensing the trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ibis Styles Paris La Defense
#4 of 16 in Courbevoie
Residhome Courbevoie la Defense
Ibis Paris Defense Courbevoie

Been to Residhome Privilege Monceau Bois Colombes? Share your experiences!