“One of the most heartful and lovely places I have seen”

Sheldon House, Cottage & Barn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monyash
Sheldon House, Cottage & Barn
Ranked #1 of 2 Monyash B&B and Inns
Vienna
“One of the most heartful and lovely places I have seen”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I come from Vienna and I was travelling over for a wedding. I was recommended Sheldon House by a friend of mine from Sheffield and I have to say it was a wonderful experience. The owners are lovely, the atmosphere is a delight - home produced bread, eggs and cake available - and i could have stayed for 3 weeks. It was like being part of the family.

The area is beautiful with walking in so many landscapes. There was even a boot room for me to leave all my messy things in when I got back and a HUGE selection of DVD's for me to watch free of charge when i got back.

I had a brilliant wedding and a fantastic few days to relax after too thanks to Mr & Mrs Fanshawe.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
England
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Sheldon House Bed & Breakfast came highly recommended to me by friends who go every year. I have to agree with them, it is an absolute GEM!

Nestled in the rolling Derbyshire countryside, close to all the attractions in Derbyshire (Bakewell, Chatsworth House etc.) the House is ideally located, quiet, comfortable and everything that we wanted from a relaxing country break away from it all.

The rooms are very comfortably furnished, the cooked breakfasts were AMAZING - the bacon was my favourite - and the hosts bent over backwards to make our stay as comfortable as possible. My wife and I will definitely be going back and may stay in one of the self-catering cottages for longer next time.

Thanks Stephen & Louise for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We found Sheldon Cottage on the internet mainly due to its stand alone website which provided lots of useful information. The cottage has many features such as washing machine, dishwasher, dryer etc and also use of a communal DVD library and boot drying room which was an added bonus. The location is also ideal being close to Bakewell and Buxton with a good pub in the village serving large portions of food.
The only slight niggles we had were no soap in the toilets for washing hands, the slice of cake which was left for us on arrival which was a nice thought but at that size probably not worth bothering. The biggest gripe was a week after returning from the cottage being accused (in quite a rude manner) of taking the keys before the owner had checked with others running the property.
The departure time of 10am also seemed a little early, especially as it apppeared no one else was booked in for use after us.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monyash
The Lathkil Hotel
#1 of 4 in Youlgreave
Bull I' Th' Thorn
Bull I' Th' Thorn
#1 of 1 in Hurdlow

Been to Sheldon House, Cottage & Barn? Share your experiences!