“Excellent”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed one night 18th April with my wife. Everything about the place including all the staff and owners was first-class.Had an wonderful dining experience at dinner. Excellent wines!!Spotless rooms.
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I've known this pub for years as an excellent place to eat but I finally got the chance to stay here and wasn't disappointed. The staff are wonderfully welcoming and the rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast is delicious and the pub and restaurant areas are so lovely to sit in, particularly with all the local art hanging on the walls. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed recently for a weekend. From the time I booked to departing the service was excellent. Room was good, quiet and just what we wanted. Food was very good and service was excellent, not hurried in the restaurant. It will be on our return list.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We went back again for another lovely stay at what I think is a perfect country inn. The staff and owners just couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. The rooms are lovely and the food is wonderful. I think I have used up all my positive expletive quota in praise of this fantastic west country inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Booked for 1 nights stay and decided to booked a table for an evening meal for my Fathers birthday. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and can not fault them (however you are paying city prices). I was a little disappointed that during the meal the fire alarm kept going off. However I was extremely disappointed with my partners meal as it was heavily covered in clove and far too strong. We did complain and were promised it would be refunded. However the manager changed his mind when I came to pay on check out, as apparently none else complained!! Due to this I shall not be staying or dining here again. I do feel that the Kings Arms are looking for a certain clientele.. those who can afford the awful art pieces on display in the bar and those who do not travel much therefore do not know good food. Overall very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jubba33
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My first stay in the Kings Arms, Charlton Horethorne and totally impressed. Throughout the everywhere is clean and tidy, decoration in the rooms is good and the standard of the bathrooms is excellent (walk in shower).

We stayed in the hotel for our evening meal and business meeting, the menu is small but a good variety. Meals well presented and all of us complimented the food, very nice.

Service was welcoming from when we walked in to the checking out. A family run establishment in a small quaint village, unfortunately we didn't see much of the surrounding area but a very picturesque area to walk and drive.

I will certainly make a point of staying there again when next in the area on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Another wonderful stay at the Kings Arms! Great rooms, tastefully decorated, plenty of space even with a travel cot, clean and well equipped. Extremely friendly, cheerful and helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble! We had the pleasure of enjoying an outstanding evening meal, breakfast and lunch! Can’t recommend this place enough for a fabulous break away!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Wincanton
The Queens Arms
The Queens Arms
#1 of 1 in Corton Denham

Been to The Kings Arms? Share your experiences!