“Expensive, always full and very old equipment”
Review of Hotel Vilobi

Hotel Vilobi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vilobi d'Onyar
Hettange-Grande, France
“Expensive, always full and very old equipment”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I guess that this hotel was one of the first built at the airport. The room got a normal size, but the equipment is anywhere from the 70s. At least it is clean, but the window did not close. The building quality is bad, so you may consider bringing ear plugs for sleeping.
We fortunately called them 2 hrs before arriving to reserve a room with credit card, because when we arrived at 11:30pm there were many people waiting and no more room left.
The big advantage of this hotel is that they are 300m from the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Perpignan, France
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It is very close to the airport. 5 mins walk and you are at the front door.
The bedroom walls were solid but you could still hear the people next door tlaking and coughing. Thank God thats all they were doign or I would never be able to sleep. The rooms were a good size. It had a 30" TV mounted on the wall but you had to leave a 20 Euro deposit for a remote control for it.
They had a good a reasonabale snack bar where I was fed Sausage, Chips, small side salade and a bottle of wine for 10Euro.
Summing up..it was a basic hotel, clean and friendly, I had a good sleep and I would go there again.

Room Tip: I paid 59 Euros so any room for this as close to the airport is good value. I was in room 111 and wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JIB729
hyde cheshire
Reviewed August 19, 2012

stayed here for one night, enroute to sweden. fantastic location - 5 minutes walk from airport terminal.
arrived early but couldnt check in until 12.30. no problem, left our bags in a secure room, and caught the bus into girona for some lunch and sightseeing.
room was spotless, obviously newly decorated.
went to bed at 8.30 as another early flight. pulled the outside shutters down and it was total
blackness - perfect. slept right through until alarm went off at 4.45.
paid £50 for twin room booked through octopus - bargain

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I paid 70 euro out the door for a one person stay. It is located right next to a Hertz drop off point, which made it easy to get rid of the rental car. The bed was comfy, but the hallway had no carpeting and the doors are loud when closing, resulting in me hearing noise from other guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Getting a late flight into Gerona seemed like a pain, having to sort out car etc then getting on the road to our hotel where we would arrive when everyone had gone to bed so decided to stay at the Vilobi, after grabbing our suitcases loaded them onto a trolley and walked to the hotel ... 10 minutes maximum, got the key up to the room ... easy ... air con, loads of toiletries (so we didn't have to unpack everything) eggs and bacon for breakfast and really cheap.

Next morning, casually walked over to the airport to pick up the car (without the normal 'scrum') ... what can I say ... it really made the first day of our hols more relaxed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rogertb
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel recently and I found my stay very enjoyable.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff are extremely helpful from as soon you arrive to the moment you leave.

The lady at reception (I assume she is the owner and did not get her name unfortunatley) works tirelessly as she seemed to be there at all hours of the day. For someone who works so hard her enthusiasm for helping me was not undiminished even slightly.

I had a taxi arranged to pick me up at the airport to down into Barcelona city centre, however the taxi firm did not show up leaving me in a predicament as I had a meeting to get to that I am unable to stress in mere words how imperative it was for me to attend.

The lady I have mentioned rang the taxi firm for me on my behalf (as I don’t speak Spanish) and argued my case for me. Seeing that the taxi firm where completely incompetent and with the time of the meeting fast approaching, this same wonderful lady arranged alternative transport for me thus saving my career (literally). I should also mention that the rest of the staff where all very friendly as well from the reception through to the bar.

In short friendly staff who cannot do enough for you, if you are looking for good value, friendly staff and a very clean hygienic place to put your head down then I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

I firmly believe that great customer service is not what somebody says but it is what they do to help you and they were fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt T
Cyprus
Reviewed January 10, 2012

LIKES

If you are arriving late at night at Girona airport with RYANAIR and wonna see the city of Girona in the morning this is the best place to be. It's very basic but it's nice and clean. The stuff was very helpful and smiley. It's a seven minute walk from the airport and the bus stop that takes you to Girona is right outside from the hotel. You can even check out in the morning and leave your bags in a small room until you come back from the city. If you wonna travel to Barcelona you have to walk back to the airport. Try not to travel with picky people or friends because they will make fun of your choice. (Especially for the huge SELF SERVICE sign on top of the hotel). My friends on the other hand had fun there.

DISLIKES

If you are arriving late or if you are hungry after a long flight even consider to take food with you. The vending machines have only junk food (crisps, chocolates, soft drinks etc).
Ask for the TV remote control before you go up to the room.
I am kinda allergic to dust and i found the mattress a bit dusty. Other than that the room was well sanitized and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Konstantinos P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilobi d'Onyar
Salles Hotel Aeroport Girona
#5 of 20 in Girona
Hotel Balneario Vichy Catalan
Hotel Balneario Vichy Catalan
#2 of 4 in Caldes de Malavella

Been to Hotel Vilobi? Share your experiences!