“Totally Recommend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballygawley
sydney
“Totally Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here the June bank holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary. we have stayed in many hotels and I have to say this hotel is top of the list, we were treated like VIP's from the moment we arrived, the staff are very friendly and helpful, would recommend this hotel for any occasion, It ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear lori78,
We are so very happy your 1st Wedding Anniversary was spent in Castle Dargan Resort and we thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay. Our friendly and professional staff take great pride in giving all our residents a 4star experience and please be assured we will be informing all our team of your gracious words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to have our wedding reception in Castle Dargan last March. Myself and my husband met with numerous hotels around sligo & Mayo before finally settling on CD as our venue for the day. I had never been to any wedding there before, but we were instantly won over by their extremely approachable and friendly wedding coordinator, Kim. No request made was too big, and she always put our minds at ease and was happy to negotiate where possible. On the lead up to the day, Kim is contactable anytime, and is always happy to arrange a sit down and a cuppa to go over any ideas. The day before the wedding, myself and the bridal team took over the function room, adding our own personal touches for the day, and Kim was on hand with her notepad, jotting down all instructions for the following day. I left feeling completely relaxed and knew our day was in capable hands! When the day finally arrived, everything ran seamless end to end! I know that people have a rose tinted view of their own Wedding day anyways, but everything was laid out exactly per our directions, the staff were so friendly and treated our guests so warmly, and the drinks reception provided in the package was beyond generous!

Chrissy was front of house and helped us tackle the acc list for our guests, again accomodated us so well (parton the pun). Matthew greeted us at the door with champers, and was at our beck and call for the whole day. He is such a sound, professional and helpful person, keeping us constantly in the loop, but never in a intrusive manner. Our brother in law was unable to sit down for dinner as he was tending to his new baby upstairs, and Matthew ensured that a dinner was sent up to him - little things like this make such a difference, just been able to trust that the staff want the day to go as well as you do. All our guests have since commented on the hotel, that the food, staff and atmosphere on a whole completely surpassed expectations.

I cannot say enough good things really about the place,and would fully recommend it to any couples considering a location for their wedding. I wish them many more years of continued success as they really do deserve it! X

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurapop28
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Laurapop28,
It was our pleasure to be part of your BIG day and we are very pleased we could help you in making a truly memorable day for you. Our Award Winning Wedding Co-ordinator Kim sends on her appreciation & thanks for your kind words. Chrissie our Front of House Manager is very happy that everything went to plan and our Food & Beverage Manager Matthew is also thankful he could make your enjoyed our 4star service. Please be assured all our team will hear of your positive review and thank you again for choosing Castle Dargan Resort for your Wedding. We do hope you will return soon and the Castle Dargan team look forward to welcoming you back.
Letterkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were at this hotel for a family event. There were over 100 of us for dinner and entertainment. The Staff could not have been more helpful.
The Hotel was clean and quaint.
I cannot fault this hotel and as a result I would definitely go back and spend a longer period there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jo M,
We are so happy to read your kind words regarding your family event with us. Thank you for choosing Castle Dargan Resort and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed our friendly & professional team. We do hope you will return soon and the Castle Dargan team look forward to welcoming you back.
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was so amazed at this hotel that I had to review it for other travellers.
The hotel is excellent, great rooms, food and excellent service. Also this hotel is right on a golf course so if you are a golfer this is for you. If you are not a golfer, the walk round the course with said golfer is well worth it for the views, but if that's not your idea of relaxation, the hotel has an excellent Spa to while away your time.
The rooms were very modern and spacey, and the beds very comfortable
The food in the restaurant is really good and there's lots of it. We did a golf/spa package that included a three course meal in the evening and a full breakfast that is beyond compare, in the morning, I have never seen such a selection on the buffet, or you could have something from the menu which included a 'Full Irish" which featured the traditional black and white pudding....
The staff were all very helpful and so pleasant, our stay there was a pleasure and we will certainly be back if we are in Ireland again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sun-SeekerCalgary
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Sun-SeekerCalgary,
From all of our team, we are delighted to rad that you found everything of exceptional standard. We aim to ensure that every resident experiences Castle Dargan Resort as the 4star hotel it is, in our beautiful surroundings. I will pass on your positive comments to our head chef and our food and beverage manager Matthew McDonagh regarding your meals and service. On behalf of all our friendly & courteous team thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Dargan in the near future.
Limavady, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed as part of a groupon deal at end of April 2014. 2 nights b&b with round of golf or spa treatment. Having stayed here a year ago with friends for a golf weekend and being very impressed with the place, I decided to take my wife this time for a relaxing couple of days. Staff at hotel are first class, very polite, helpful, friendly, couldn't fault them. Golf course was in excellent condition, very well maintained. Unfortunately on this occasion that's about the only positive points I have. We stayed in room 108 and there was splashed tea or coffee stain on the wall near the tea making facilities, carpet was a bit grubby to say the least, rust rings on base of bedside lamps. The 'double' bed was two singles pushed together, something which to me personally is very annoying. You either end up sleeping apart or both on same side because neither wants to sleep on the middle where the beds meet. For some reason I found the bed to be incredibly uncomfortable and had two very poor nights sleep, the second night wasn't helped by shouting all through the night by a party obviously going on in one of the other rooms near my room. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special. The fry was incredibly dry, on the other morning I had smoked kippers (kippers being plural) and was presented with one small butterflied kipper on a large plate. As this was supposed to be a relaxing weekend with my wife I booked us in for treatments at the Icon Spa. Our groupon deal included 20% off treatments excluding special offers. My wife had a special offer but I was told I could book anything off the main brochure and receive the discount. So I booked a package costing 95 euros. When it was time to pay I was denied the discount and told that I had been given the wrong info, as it was a package I wasn't entitled to discount. We went to the spa both days. The first time, the jacuzzi had a wet towel covering one corner where your head should rest, not wanting to rest my head on a damp towel I decided to move it, only to find out it was covering a leak which water was shooting upwards from. Also in the relaxation area the jugs of juice were empty and remained so for the entirety of our stay there. The second day at the spa there were no such problems and the girls in the spa were fantastic, friendly, polite and helpful. The spa packages we booked included lunch in the Middleton bar, however only limited dishes on the menu were included. We both had chicken tikka with rice and naan bread. We were very disappointed, the meal was absolutely tasteless, chicken tikka being among our favourite dishes there was simply very little taste, incredibly bland and at a price of about 14 euros I would expect much better. So to put everything in context, golf good, staff good, room bad, food & drink bad & overpriced, spa good despite problems mentioned. I'm actually going back for a golf weekend with friends, the golf course really is fantastic. Instead of eating in the hotel there are fantastic restaurants in sligo which are far better quality for a similar price or less. If I had complained I'm sure the staff would have been more than helpful although it's just not in my nature and I don't like creating a fuss but if by writing this review I have helped someone, then it was worth the trouble.

Room Tip: Having stayed in hotel and the apartments, I preferred the apartments. They are more spacious and co...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan M
Dear Jonathan M,
We appreciate your review of your stay with us at Castle Dargan Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed our welcoming & professional staff and our Darren Clarke Designed Golf Course. Please be assured we will inform all our team of your kind words. We are saddened you didn't have a good sleep and I’m sorry we didn't get the opportunity to rectify the situation while you stayed with us. We are also sorry for the mix-up due to your Icon Spa bill, our Icon Spa Manager Sophia does pass on your apologies for any confusion and inconvenience caused. Our Jacuzzi is now fully operational and we are sorry you found a towel in the pool. Our chef is disappointed you didn't experience his usual 4star gourmet food, this is not the norm at Castle Dargan Resort. We do take our guest feedback very seriously and I would ask you to contact me directly kenneth@castledargan.com regarding your next stay with us and I will personally look after your booking. We do look forward welcoming you back to Castle Dargan in the near future..

near Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed for a five night self catering break in March. We were in the Gate Lodge. We ended up having to cut the trip short by one day, which to be honest I was actually glad about. The lodge itself could do with some redecorating, there were black marks on the walls and holes around the sockets. The bins are changed once a week, which for us was the day before we came home. There should be a bin around the back of the house so you can leave your rubbish outside, we had two bin bags waiting collection before they were actually taken. It would have been much better to just leave them out the back in a wheelie bin or similar. The shower door was down in the hall and a curtain was in place of it in the shower.

The hotel itself was nice, reception & bar area were clean and nicely furnished. The bar food was also good. On our second day we went to the bar to have some afternoon tea. There was a girl behind the bar, when we stood at the bar there was no-one else waiting to be served. She was doing something with glasses so I assumed she would ask us for our order when she was finished. While we were waiting another couple and a few women approached the bar. The girl went over to the couple straight away and served them, then she served the women. We were last to be approached, we were waiting 10 mins! When we eventually ordered our afternoon tea she advised it would take 20-30mins to be ready, we said this was fine and took a seat on the upper level. Afternoon tea arrived over an hour later! The sandwhiches were dry and the cakes were stale :( I was so disappointed. I would have gone down to complain but didn't feel like standing there for another 10mins being ignored.

Lastly, the golf course was a bog. It shouldn't have been open but I'm assuming the hotel need the money so were allowing people out for €20. For the state of the course this was €20 too much. It was such a pity because the scenery around the course is beautiful. We lost three balls on the fairway from being buried in the mud, the ball's literally disappeared when they landed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ac2012
Dear ac2012,
Thank you for your review of the Castle Dargan Resort and for your kind words regarding our Resort, food and beautiful scenic views on our Darren Clarke Designed Golf Course. We are disappointed to read the issues you had with our Walled Garden Apartments, our housekeeping Manager Joanna and Maintenance Team have checked all apartments and please be assured that the issues have been rectified. We want to thank you for your suggestion regarding the “bins” we have now placed a bin in the designated area. We do apologise for our normal 4star service not reaching you on your stay & our F&B Manager has fully investigated your Afternoon Tea experience and be assured that it has been resolved. Our Golf Pro Xavier Medas is sorry about the condition of the course, March was a very wet month preceded with worrying records of rain fall in the months leading to it. The course would have been very wet like any other course in the area. Note that all players checking with golf staff would have been made aware of the course conditions at the time. Xavier assures me that we will gladly take €20 of their next game and he recommends for optimum course condition play should be from May to October when the days are longer and warmer allowing better course play ability. Please contact me directly if you have questions or would like to make a booking. The Castle Dargan team would love to welcome you back in the future when we hope you will feel our full Four Star experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Booked Castle Dargan for my sons Holy Communion on Saturday Kim was excellent and extremely helpful in what i wanted for the day. On arrival to the hotel the room the Coach house was so well arranged it was so beautiful fab fire my son loved it. The food was very good everybody loved it the staff couldnt do enough for us. Booked rooms and apartments for family to stay no one had a bad word about them clean and comfortable. Couldnt recommend Castle Dargan enough for your childs special day. Thank you again we will b back.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank killian1o
Dear Killian1o,
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your sons Holy Communion at Castle Dargan 4star Resort. Our resort is perfect for any occasion to celebrate with friends and family. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we are so happy you found our professional and approachable team helpful throughout your stay. The Castle Dargan team strive to ensure the best quality of service at all times so it’s reassuring to hear you had such a fantastic time. Our chef sends on his appreciation for your kind words regarding your meal that was prepared with all locally sourced meat & veg. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygawley
Sligo Park Hotel
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Castle Dargan? Share your experiences!