“Great Wedding Venue”
Review of Castle Dargan

Castle Dargan
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballygawley
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We chose Castle Dargan for our Wedding reception and had a fantastic few days - staff, food, location, attention to detail was all great! Many thanks again to Kim and all the gang for a wonderful time!!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear MondaC,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent wedding with us at Castle Dargan Resort. I am so delighted that you had such a nice time with us and enjoyed the service and facilities at the Resort. I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Castle Dargan Resort in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally look after your booking

Kind Regards,
kenneth@castledargan.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked into Castle Dargan for 2 nights, when we checked in we were told we were staying in Walled garden Apartments, wish we had been told before we arrived as I was checked into the main building in my head. Carpet had stains in apartment, lock on tv cabinet held open with a beer mat. Main toilets have tissue paper wrapped around taps to mop up drips and spills.
No pool in hotel, had voucher for 30mins spa treatment each, when we went to book we were told we could only have a bath, hydrotherapy treatment which was disappointing when it was not specified on voucher.
Bar food was excellent, with excellent staff in hotel especially Linda in the bar.
Breakfast ok, self service but continental choice not great, we had a great weekend but wouldn't recommend Hotel.
Vintage And designer room on site. Would love it have to been open, definitely would have shopped!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Susanlongm
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Susanlongm,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Castle Dargan Resort and thank you for your knid comments regarding our food & staff.

I was extremely disappointed to read your unfortunate experience during your recent stay in Castle Dargan. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the items you highlighted regarding your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced have been addressed with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable. I can assure you that your experience of the Castle Dargan Resort is certainly not the norm and I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Once again Susanlongm thank you for your review and feedback on your stay at Castle Dargan.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one weekend in March. Reception was not busy, yet it felt like she was rushing to get rid of us. The room was clean. Dishes on tables did not get cleared away for some time where we sat in bar.
John and Rhona were very friendly and give good service.
Not best breakfast that you would expect in a four star hotel. Staff running about but no one seemed to be in charge. Cooked breakfast lying in heated containers. The sausages were cremated to say the least. The cutlery and glasses could do with a good polish.
To be honest I would not return to this hotel...think that the hotel lacks ambience and overall was disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank shelly-ann

Dear shelly-ann,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Castle Dargan Resort and thank you for your kind comments regarding John & Rhona.

I am extremely disappointed to read your unfortunate experience during your recent stay in Castle Dargan. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the items you highlighted regarding your stay. Please be assured that the matter will be investigated with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent a long time deciding on we're to go for Easter break as husband and I work it's precious time with kids. anyway rang 3times and we were quoted a very good price for sc apartment from a young gentleman gave cc and asked for confirmation email never received it so I left it afew days emailed and asked confirmation given wrong price completely then had to ring and argue for price I was quoted,eventually they agreed original quote !!again no email confirmation after requesting it !! One week before due to go hotel rang to say double booked us and again another argument on my hands it put complete dampner was told golf tournament !! again I fought told they could give us different dates not happy 10mins later had voicemail to say it was available. I was concerned then as Breda told me it was completely booked out for golfers and when I asked was other family's booked in i was told pretty much not so we ended up cancelling no apology for messing us around customer service not dealt with efficiently as it was for previous poster. We hotel at least 6times a year and have never come across this before dissapointing !!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank babyava123

Dear babyava123,
Thank you for taking the time to send me on your experiences of Castle Dargan Resort.
I am so disappointed for the shortcomings you experienced with the level of customer service with regard to your booking. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that the matter has been addressed with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable and is no way the norm at Castle Dargan. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us. I would ask you to please contact me directly & I will personally look after your booking.
Once again, babyava123 thank you for your review and feedback on your recent stay at the Castle Dargan Resort.

kenneth@castledargan.com

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We went for 2 night stay and stayed one. The hotel bar was freezing cold and the room was awful they had taken the original bed out and put a small one in which was sitting on wooden blocks. The lamps were rusty and furniture chipped..
Food was okay but tables were left dirty for along time and it took a while to get served.
This is no way a 4* hotel ive stayed in better b&bs..

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Joanne M
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear elpitha76,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Castle Dargan Resort and thank you for your knid comments regarding our food.

I am extremely disappointed to read your unfortunate experience during your recent stay in Castle Dargan. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the items you highlighted regarding your stay. Please be assured that the matter will be investigated with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable. I can assure you that your experience of the Castle Dargan Resort is certainly not the norm and I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Once again elpitha76 thank you for your review and feedback on your stay at Castle Dargan Resort.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed @ Castle Dragan for 1 night booked through Booking.com at a very good rate of €99 B&B. The hotel is set in lovely grounds - the receptionist was extremely pleasant and freidnly. the room was large - well furnished and warm.
All great so far!
The problem occurred about 2.00am in the morning - we were on the ground floor a short distance from the reception and for about an hour and a half the noise of people talking - laughing and shouting at each other - all obviously in high sprits.
cI an understand on a Saturday night some noise as folk leave the bar and disperse but where were the night staff to ask these people to be quiet.?
Breakfast was very nice - check out was very efficent - such a pity that the noise of some very selfish and rude people spoiled the stay!
The noise just got worse as time went on with no obvious attempt by the staff on to control this.
There seemed to be a lot of families staying and Im sure they were disturbed.
So dissapointing that such a nice hotel would fall down on something so basic.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the reception area!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hermissa,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our location, rooms and staff. I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant people

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance you encountered with your stay. Please be assured that we have fully addressed this matter with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable.I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

How an establishment deals with a complaint is a real testament to it. I have just returned from a fabulous break at Castle Dargan. As I had an issue with my reservation before I arrived I complained about it. The way my complaint was dealt with could not be faulted, I was listened to! I was apologised to, I was emailed back with a very understanding email, on arrival I was met by the manager who offered me use of the spa, a bottle of wine was in the room on arrival & a gesture of goodwill was given on my rate and the assurance that if I needed anything just to let them know. I don’t think you can ask for better then that.
We had a 2Bed Apartment, Which was really spacious. It had a really big kitchen /Diner/Living room with fully kitted out Kitchen – I was visiting with my family and we had our 3 boys with us and we could not fault a thing. Every staff member we came across couldn’t have been nicer. The B’fasts are fabulous & we had Dinner in both the restaurant & the bar and our meals were simply superb. Reception recommended a fabulous Coillte forest walk near by which was stunning & badly needed after them Breakfasts. Credit where its due even look how they take the time to reply and take on board the reviews left here. I can’t recommend the place highly enough & will return without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had Apt 307, No apts above us & only 1 below. It was perfectly quite and not overlooked
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Famhols_11

Dear Famhols_11,

Thank you very much for your great review and I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Castle Dargan Resort. I thank you for your kind comments and I am so happy we could resolve any issues you had. I look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Be assured I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff.

Kind regards,
Kenneth Appleby

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygawley
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Castle Dargan? Share your experiences!