“Night away”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballygawley
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Night away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was disappointed with the hotel. We could only get cold water in the shower. We asked reception to fix it. they sent someone up to try to fix it but they decided that it was due the so many people using the spa that day! When we went for food in the bar, we were waiting for ages to be served but no one came to our table to see thought that maybe we were supposed to order at the bar. The lady at the bar snapped at us and told us our order would be taken at our table. She then followed us to our table and took our order. The food was fine but the bar was cold. At breakfast there was not enough staff on to keep tables clean for new guests coming in for breakfast and serving tea/coffee. I had to wait 15 minutes to see a member of staff ask for tea and cutlery, while sitting at a dirty table. Disappointing overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear patrickfitzlinda23,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Castle Dargan Resort and thank you for your knid comments regarding our food.

I was extremely disappointed to read your unfortunate experience during your recent stay in Castle Dargan. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the items you highlighted regarding your stay. Please be assured that the matter has been addressed with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Kenneth Appleby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights in Feb 2013. When we arrived late on the Friday evening after a long journey from Co.Down we were given a very warm welcome at reception.
We had a few drinks at the bar but we were disappointed there was no entertainment.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, The golf was very enjoyable however the weather was not good, the next time we go we will definately go in the better weather, im looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear deedee767,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Castle Dargan. I am so glad that you had such a good time with. Thank you in particularly for your kind comments regarding our staff and golf course. I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant people. I look forward in welcoming you back to Castle Dargan Resort in the near future. Also we now have live entertainment on Saturdays.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Hillsborough
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I am just home and im extremely dissapointed with this hotel! Our room was not what i would call a deluxe room! The bath hadnt been cleaned at all there were peoples hairs and black stuff in it.. Was absolutly disqusting as i only noticed this when i went to shower i told the receptionist when we were checking out all she said was oh ill let accomodation know! The thermal spa area was really dirty the hydropool was absolutly stinking a few people commented on this. The girls in the spa were lovely, the food was great.. But i wouldnt recommend this place to anyone sorry.

• Stayed March 2013
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Schatzi24,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Castle Dargan Resort and thank you for your knid comments regarding our Icon Spa & food.

I was extremely disappointed to read your unfortunate experience during your recent stay in Castle Dargan. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with the items you highlighted regarding your stay. Please be assured that the matter has been addressed with the relevant personnel, as this is totally unacceptable. I can assure you that your experience of the Castle Dargan Resort is certainly not the norm and I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Once again Schatzi24 thank you for your review and feedback on your stay at Castle Dargan.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and once again I could not fault the place. If you are looking for a peaceful place to stay yet be 5 mins from a busy town then this is your place. The food in the restaurant is excellent and the staff pleasant and professional. Keep up the good work until my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Irishrambler7,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Castle Dargan. I am so glad that you had such a good time with. Thank you in particularly for your kind comments regarding our staff and restaurant. I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant people. I look forward in welcoming you back to Castle Dargan Resort in the near future.

Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Great spot for lunch or dinner
Nice location overlooking the golf course
Food is very tasty and very good value for money.
Staff are always friendly without being over the top.
Must stay overnight sometime

• Stayed March 2013
CastleDargan, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Dargan, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear S9SWT,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit with us at Castle Dargan Resort. I am delighted that you had such a nice time with us and enjoyed the service, comfort and facilities in the hotel. When you do plan to return and stay with us please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

kenneth@castledargan.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to a wedding at Castle Dargan and stayed in the hotel. Unfortunately I was not able to golf. we had a great time at the wedding. The staff, atmosphere, and food were all top notch. I see many comments here about the staff being exceptionally friendly, and agree 100%. Our rooms were affordable and quite comfortable. My only criticism would be the shower. After a long night of wedding festiveness I would have really appreciated a nice hot shower. While the bathroom was quite clean, the shower was quite week and didn't offer me the comfort I was in need of.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cfmitchellumd,

Thank you for your splendid review of Castle Dargan Resort and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your a wedding with us. I thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff & bedrooms and be assured I will be passing your positive words onto our hard working staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Myself and my fiancé stayed here may 2012, staff were friendly and we met a really nice bar man, we chatted away like we were great friends.

Room was big and comfortable, spa was lovely and hotel grounds were lovely to walk around.

Food was great and best of all it was my birthday so got a bottle of bubbly on the house.

The only thing was that the hydropool thing wasn't working, but did have a lovely massage, unfortunately my other half couldn't go for a dip.

All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lisat102,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Castle Dargan. I am so glad that you had such a good time with. Thank you in particularly for your kind comments regarding our staff. I will ensure that they are passed on to the relevant people. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Castle Dargan Resort in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygawley
Sligo Park Hotel
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Castle Dargan? Share your experiences!