“Pantasaph B & B, probably the best in the world” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pantasaph Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pantasaph
Pantasaph Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Pantasaph B&B and Inns
Whitehorse, Canada
“Pantasaph B & B, probably the best in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a wonderful B and B. Christine is a great host. Each day we were greeted with an excellent breakfast, fresh bread and home made preserves. There was an extraordinary cheese in our little fridge to sample along with crackers. Fruit on the table to nibble at and a micro wave if we wanted to warm anything up and off course all sorts of tea and coffee. Christine likes to bake and we got a lot of cakes to sample. Set in rural Flint we saw sheep and cows in the neighbouring farms and some nice chickens in the yard even though this is no longer a working farm. A scruffy cat sweetly greeted us. This is a quiet place with lots of interesting rural lanes to explore.
The rooms are private with a shared sitting/dinning room. Each room has its own sitting area and TV, very comfortable. Our bed was an enormous King sized one, extremely comfortable. We got a discount because we stayed several nights. The only negative thing was it was cold in April when we visited so its a good idea to have slippers or thick warm socks.

Room Tip: We had the Pink room with the very large bed and ensuite bathroom. When no one else was staying the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
christine a, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Apologies for the delay in replying but I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found everything you required. We have finally been lucky enough to enjoy some sun and serve breakfast in the courtyard. Long may it continue!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Littleport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We needed to visit the area on a Saturday on business (myself, my husband and our dog) and needed an overnight stay before returning home. Christine was able to accommodate us after some juggling when I explained about our dog - not everywhere welcomes dogs. We were warmly welcomed and shown around. Our room was attractive, comfortable and spacious. We had arranged that an evening meal would be provided, which was excellent - freshly cooked from locally sourced ingredients, with generous portions. In the residents sitting/dining room was a fridge freezer and microwave with kettle and toaster and a thoughtful selection of crockery etc. Generous provision of bread/butter/cheese/fruit/milk/juice in addition to hot drink impedimenta was available for between meals snacks. if we had been able to stay for longer, all of this would have made for a very comfortable and homely base for a short or longer break. Everything had been thought about and was delivered with a no nonsense cheerfulness. Our dog was welcomed and accepted without a whole string of requirements, the assumption being that we would not allow him to be a problem. Breakfast was first class. We would be very happy to return. If I was running a similar business, I hope my customers would feel as satisfied as we were.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine A
christine a, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
So glad you and the dog enjoyed your brief stay with us here at Pantasaph Farm. We are very much looking forward to our new puppy arriving soon. Its not been the same without a dog of our own. I'm also pleased you enjoyed your evening meal. The local buffalo is very popular. Not many people have had the opportunity to taste it before. Thanks again, Christine
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed here with my mum uncle and sister. Unfortunately it was for a sad occasion but we could not have been better looked after than with christine at this wonderful B&B. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast every morming and were made to feel so at home it was like our own appartment. We made use of the living room to relax in and had everything there we wanted tea coffee cheese and biscuits and lovely homemade cakes !! I would recommend this B&B to everyone Christine is a kind compassionate host she even made a packed lunch for my mum and uncle to have on the train journey home they said it was delicious. Next time i visit flint i will definately be staying here if there is room!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank belley
christine a, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It's always nice to know guests enjoy the facilities we have to offer, so thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you felt at home especially during such an otherwise unhappy occasion and that your Aunt and Uncle enjoyed their packed lunch. Thanks again, Christine
PWLLHELI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

For some time I had been seeking a place to stay near the pilgrim town of Holywell. Having passed the lane leading to this B & B, numerous times, I had to ask myself how I had missed it! It was like the answer to the proverbial maiden's prayer.
This is a small family run operation in which you will not want for anything. The guest sitting room, which doubles as the breakfast room, contains a well stocked fridge - in case you need a snack. Where else would you be shown where the milk, cheese and biscuits are on arrival?There was, of course, fresh fruit also available. Whilst having your snack you can watch a large screen television in the sitting room. There are but three rooms here. One has an en-suite facility, whilst the other two share a private bathroom. But you only share if you are in a family group, otherwise it is exclusively yours.
My room was spacious with a good sized bed, in which I slept well, despite a little traffic noise in the background. Of course there was a TV here as well. Nice touches included ancillary heating, just in case you needed more warmth. Again my bathroom, next door, had both bath and shower. Needless to say everything was extremely clean.
I was eagerly anticipating my breakfast, having read the menu the night before. In addition to the usual cooked selections, there were options for kedgeree and deviled kidneys. The kidneys had grabbed my eye and I was ready! When Christine asked for my order, however, I had to admit defeat, before ordering - my fault, as I had devoured two thick slices of hot fresh bread. But, fear not, I will be back for those kidneys.
A great place to stay and, for me, convenient for both family and business.

Room Tip: Book early to get the en-suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cyffyllog
jesterowner, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Diolch yn fawr. So glad you enjoyed your stay here. I'm sorry you missed the Devilled Kidneys this time but hopefully I will be able to offer them another time. Our fresh baked bread is also a poplar item on the breakfast menu. Thanks again, Christine
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The best B&B I have ever stayed in - extremely comfortable, clean, with all the little touches that make the difference. Christine made me feel very welcome and provided a very friendly and efficient service. I hope to be able to return next year and take my family as the setup is perfect for a family group. Breakfast was top notch, and huge cookie on arrival was most welcome! Many thanks Christine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sue A
Apologies for the delay in responding but I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything yo required. You are not alone in enjoying our larger cookies - they are always popular.
Thanks again, Christine
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Christine did everything to make us welcome and feel comfortable during our stay. The farm setting is beautiful and the accommodation extremely comfortable. It is a real blessing to have the separate sitting room to relax in during the evenings and the additional equipment such as toaster, fridge, microwave etc. was really appreciated. We certainly recommend Pantasaph to our friends and I'm sure will return ourselves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jesterowner, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your time with us, and that our sitting room offered time to relax, especially given your busy time with the wedding preparations. I find the fridge etc become even more convenient at such times. Thanks again, Christine.
Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Pantasaph Farm for a number of nights recently. We had a lovely, warm friendly welcome and were shown to our wonderful room. It really was a home from home, everything you could possibly want for was there and if it wasn't you only had to ask and it soon was! I couldn't praise Christine enough for her helpfulness, friendliness, professionalism and generous nature. We would and most likely will stay there again and would happily recommend this to anyone considering a stay in North Wales.
The rates are very reasonable the food is excellent (all local and all fresh...the full English breakfast is out of this world!!!).
I am not very good at writing reviews but if i was i would give Pantasaph Farm and Christine the best possible review..it is that good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RIANDMA
jesterowner, Owner at Pantasaph Farm, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments, it's always nice to know my efforts are appreciated. I try to anticipate everyone's requirements while maintaining a relaxed, comfortable environment. I think you are correct though, we are rather off the beaten track but well worth a visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pantasaph
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Halkyn
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop

Been to Pantasaph Farm? Share your experiences!