Ways to Experience Blue Grotto (Il-Hnejja)
from $30.30
from $31.42
from $22.44
from $112.21
2,708 results
All reviews boat ride small boat the bus boats leave life jackets rock formations sea caves natural beauty sunny day euros per person steep hill azure window clear water hagar qim hop on hop public transport boatman
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here on the hop on hop off bus and done the cave boat tour which is only 8 euro pp and the colour of the water in the caves is amazing, well worth a little stopp off. Tho if you are using the city sightseeing company u may wait a while on the next bus as they are a terrible company.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I agree with the negative reviews I'm afraid. I went alone by public transport which didn't help ( probably better for a couple/ family/ friends with own car).
I paid €8 for 20 mins max boat trip with no information provided,showing basic caves plus the impressive,large arch that is the blue grotto itself.
I got there around 5pm in time to catch the last boat.
By going later I probably missed the light reflections I've read about.
I saw nothing that interesting I'm afraid - stalactites, the cliffs having turned purple below the water line, some turquoise blue patches in the water....
But the most impressive was the massive jellyfish everywhere- maybe 40-60 of them.
You can't see the grotto without taking the boat.
I went without cash & had to use that cash machine that charges €4 per withdrawal. So , no, it wasn't worth it, but it might be if you have company , and, there are lots of folk swimming in the area the boat leaves from which is very pretty. Some places to eat /drink too.
Buses are hourly so it's a wait.
You can check out the temples close-by too ( which I missed because they close at 5).
Not a great day.

2  Thank Joanie1000
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The boat is 8 Euro per person and lasts about 30 minutes. I thought it was quite enjoyable. The views were beautiful. There is also an overlook above the cove the Blue Grotto is in before you get to the small town where the boats are. The overlook provides a very nice and free view of the cove and is well worth a stop as well. There are several restaurants next to the boats.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with the family and done the boat trip to go inside the caves. If you want to experience going inside the caves I recommended the boat trip!

1  Thank cjt0908
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The bus service to Blue Grotto is a nightmare unless you hire a car. It took me nearly 1.5 hrs from Valletta and took me more than 2.5 hrs waiting for the next bus going back. The boat tour is not worth it as it cost £8 per person and the whole trip only about 15 minutes. The boat went so quick in and out the cave without stopping......overall the place is just overrated by the review.

1  Thank KelvenLim