Hotel Sempati
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lapta
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have stayed sempati 1week,
I am so pleased as we choosen this place, good mixture breakfast turkish breakfast and cereals etc, good choice of snack menu, the hotel owners and staff so friendly and helpful,
I have read the one previous review and i could only say!
Sempati is not the place for you,
When they celebrate little girl birthday, we joined to family and enjoyed, we loved north cyprus
Peoples are friendly and helpful
Some tips
Choose superior room at sempati
Join erkan jeep tour you can book through girl at reception
Visit kyrenia harbour dont forget ti drink brandy sour
See you next year great family!!

2  Thank Jer53

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Rooms - lush- nicely decorated and trimmed. Only down fall water pressure but no issue.
Service- awesome staff could not do enough went out of their way to cater for even my teenage daughters odd requests for ice teas and coffees.
Food- absolutely plentiful. Breakfast contained a great variation cheeses tomato cucumber, fruit, cereal, eggs,toast, bread, jam, yoghurt and who has that much choice every day at home??
Evening meal, always a mezze starter or soups which were delicious followed by a choice of mains which were always accompanied with rice and potatoes or veges.
Snacks during day times were delicious with home made chips mmm mmm.
Cleanliness - great. The outdoor bar area could have done with a sweep and mop a little more but that's just me being particular.
Pool- lovely and warm clean. Sun loungers always plenty to go round so no need to mark territory daily with towels although shade is required so a few more umbrellas around would be welcomed but there were quite a few to be seen.
General decor - in the public areas looking a little tired but I am sure that the family will be doing a little at a time to improve this but the rooms in the small blocks were beautiful.
All in all I would return to this hotel. The setting of the back drop of beautiful hills and rooms facing the sea was impressive alone but the lengths the staff went to for us was just the personal touches that made our holiday brilliant instead of ok.
I hope the family continue to look after all of their guests just so and
We wish then all the best for their future and hope to see then again soon. :0)

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jane A
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Knowing how little I paid for a weeks holiday here and having read the reviews written by others, I went with an open mind.
The setting of this hotel is just beautiful. A back drop of the hills over Lapta and facing the sea from our room the scenery was absolutely gorgeous.
The layout confused me on arrival but not for long. We were helped with out bags to a beautiful room in a block of 5 buildings hosting some very well kitted out spacious and welcoming rooms.
With a double bed and single bed, flat screen tv three pin sockets air conditioning mini fridge with drinks to purchase and a lovely en suite with balcony and a sea view we thought we may have been allocated the incorrect room.
But no and we were extremely pleased.
The main hotel where food and drinks are served, wifi is available in the
reception and the bar area and the waiters are all extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The hotels main areas are looking a little tired and in need of a little spruce up but certain the owners will be paying this some attention soon.
The general cleanliness of the pool and bar area is overall good but as a clean freak would always say that a little more time with a brush and mop would never go amiss (but that is just my opinion).
Every previous review mentioned the food, well I thought the good was great. Yes breakfast was the same everyday but at home we all do the same as well so I was totally happy with salad meat cheeses bread toast, cereal yoghurt and fruit was plenty to choose from for me. Given the heat I wouldn't expect a cooked English breakfast anyway plus I'm sure out Scandinavian and Russian co visitors would not be happy with that restriction.
The evening meals did contain rice and some form of potatoes every night but this was fine again the mezze selection was great until the BBQ night when this ran low and was not really replenished in time for all diners.
Chicken was available most nights in different forms.
The snack menu was plentiful and always very tasty and the homemade chips were like being at home.
The reception girl was always very keen to assist and spoke great English too.
In general the family and staff were very keen to go out of their way to ensure we could get what we wanted.
My daughter wanted iced tea and iced coffees so the staff made to order them for us. Along with Ice cream milkshakes and the recent installation of the iced coffee slush machine nothing was too much trouble.
The cash free system used was a blessing. No need to carry ones cash/purse to the pool.
All in all I can say that I will most definitely recommend this hotel to any one looking for a nice slice of Northern turkey. This was never expected to resemble the ritz based on the price paid. But it was certainly 100% better than basement bucket. I wish the family and staff a happy and prospective future and I look forward to visiting this hotel and place again.
Thank you for making both mine and my daughters only holiday in three years a great one.

3  Thank Janiea75
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My OH and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend on a B&B basis as we had friends staying here also. We stayed in one of the villa's, fantastic room, very spacious and a fantastic powerful shower, well needed after a day on the beach. Room was lovely and clean and could not fault anything at all. Breakfast was fresh bread, jams, egg, cheeses and so on. Hotel itself was very clean, pool area fab and we could easily get a bed by the pool unlike some hotels where people put towels out.
Staff very friendly, and it was nice to chill and have a drink in the bar area, staff worked very hard.

I would recommend getting on a bus for a few lira and take a trip into Kyrenia, well worth the trip out. All in all a great weekend away and I will defiantly be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I and my girlfriend has been at the Hotel Sepati in 11 days and it has been the worst 11 days on vacations. 1: When we booked the trip so it completely different on PIC's than it was in real life. The Hotel rooms were never washed on the floor for as long as we were there, dust on tv, table etc.

2: the breakfast was very limited. my girlfriend ate may egg and water melon for breakfast in order not to starve. How can they servers cake and CHIPS for breakfast... Who eats chips and cake for breakfast?? We ate breakfast at the hotel, as soon as we have had breakfast so we went from the hotel and go to other beach and ate lunch and dinner outside the hotel.

3: there was a lot of family members with they kids and friends at the hotel the entire time we were there and the last day we were leaving hotel and they had birthday party for a little kid. I think it is wrong to have a private party's on a hotel we customers have paid to have the hotel for ourselves. .. I am writing this here that people are not going to go into a trap that I and my boyfriend did..

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aslan E
SempatiManager, Owner at Hotel Sempati, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Aslan,
Thank you for your review, its so dissapointing to hear from you about not enjoyed your stayed.
This is not nice you write about "trap" We are Family run hotel and we have 60% repeat clients they come each year, to stay with us and see us.
When you booked we have said to you, we are not on the City Centre, and we are 15 Km west of Kyrenia, however when you arrive you started to argu with us, about our situation, We have agreed about the Taxi fare which was 100 Each way and you have complained about this also.
Our rooms cleaned daily, and if you were not happy with any of our service, why you shouldt speak to reception to clean your room again. We are here for our client comfort, Breakfast is open buffet and you can get another egg and water melon for your breakfast there is not any limit.
For my Daughter birthday, which was only 2 hours terrace, We had nice day with Clients as well, What is wrong with this ? This is Family run place and we are welcoming people,
Hope to see you again.

Kind regards
Owner.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have spent our annual summer holiday at the Hotel Sempai for a number of years and have enjoyed our stay each time.
Many thanks to Erkan, his family and staff for going out of their way to make our stay as perfect as possible. When ever we saw Angie or Claudia the were always cheerful and very helpful and the staff always done their best to please. If any type of a problem occurred they would do their upmost to sort it out.
We very much look forward to our stay next year.
Andrew and Rosemary

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

As expected everything was brilliant and would recommend this hotel to anybody. It has an extremely good authentic mediteranean feel to the place and the cuisenes were marvelous. The beach very near but spent most of my time with my family by the poolside as its very cosy.

very good value for money including flights from stansted. Definately coming again.

2  Thank Ahmethd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapta
Manolya Hotel
#5 of 7 in Lapta
Club Simena
Club Simena
#1 of 1 in Karsiyaka

Been to Hotel Sempati? Share your experiences!