“Great fried chicken , nice panorama view”
Review of Weingut Mahorko

Weingut Mahorko
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Maribor, Slovenia
“Great fried chicken , nice panorama view”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Friendly service speaking Slovenian too. I eat really good fried chicken with perfect potatoes salad.For dessert delicious homemade ice cream .
Great vineyard view . Price & Food & View & service - very good. We will visit again soon.

• Visited June 2014

Erl, Austria
“Normally good food at this family run restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel and restaurant is in the wine streets of Styria. It is situated overlooking large wine fields and has a platform jutting out over the wine fields for an even better view.
Every time that we have been here and we have been at least a dozen times the meals have been not only good but excellent. You do have to be prepared to try something a little different if you are in this region and the menu may not be to the taste of all.
There are sometimes little glitches in the system wherever you are and last weekend was one.
I ordered Backhendl and pommes… chicken and chips, which should and normally would be very good although not exactly Hout Cuisine it is a local delicacy and speciality. I don’t know what happened whether we were too late in the day or the fat in which it was fried was old, but it most definitely tasty fishy. I don’t mean odd, I mean it actually tasted of fish. Do I like fish? NO.
I was with family and we had a party of 4 and all the other meals were good and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Although we never plumped for the sweet dish as we have found that they are very small portions for the exorbitant prices.
We will return to this restaurant I am sure as it is a family favourite but I must say this experience last weekend really put me off.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pete_Irving_511
Bratislava, Slovakia
“excellent food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

After a great day at South Styrian wine route we stopped at this restaurant for dinner. I guess it specializes in game meat. We had pheasant and deer with chestnuts. Food was very good hearty but not as heavy as typical Austrian countryside food. Desserts and wine were good as well. I bought a case to take home. Moreover, the service was very very nice. I guess we were served by owner and we also saw his wife. They made as feel comfortable.
I saw a terrace, I guess in summer you can eat with a breathtaking view. I would go there again although I heard there are some other good places around as well.

• Visited November 2011