Swiss Diamond Hotel Lugano
Albergo Ristorante Della Posta(Morcote)(Great Value!)
$100
$118
Orbitz.com
$164
  • Breakfast included
Caroline Hotel Brusimpiano(Brusimpiano)(Great Value!)
$106
$123
$309
Hotel La Palma(Bissone)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Restaurant
$109
Hotel Campione(Bissone)(Great Value!)
$133
$129
All reviewsswiss diamondstar hotellake viewshuttle servicerecommend this hotelbeautiful locationcold cutsthe hotel stafffree shuttlein advancebreakfast buffetamazing hotellago restaurantspa areaattention to detailservice was excellentnice view
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We spent one weekend here. First thing we really liked is that they could install a baby bed in the room, so that our son didnt need to sleep with us in same bed. Usually the baby beds hotels provide have low floor. The room , dinner and breakfast were perfect. The only thing we couldn't enjoy much was the wellness offering: too small for such a big hotel, and with many people entering at the same it becomes messy and uncomfortable

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Bul
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed here for two nights with my mother. I absolutely loved the location and view. My mother and I stayed in two separate deluxe rooms with lake view. Beautiful! View was beautiful. I have stayed in many 5 * resorts and thought this hotel was somewhat lacking. The decor was very, very dated. I was very frustrated with construction going on at the hotel at the time of our stay. They ripped up enire parking lot in front of hotel. Sledge hammers all day long. I wish I would have been informed about this before our stay. Will probably be over by the time you stay there. Furniture and paintings all over resort were tacky and dated. Some of the curtains in the room had holes in them. Stains visible on carpet in room as well as common areas in hotel. Was surprised by that. The Oriental bar was very dated. However, I was very impressed by service including free drinks that came with our reservation. Had any alcoholic drink we wanted. More impressive was accompaniments. Nuts and little sausages/cold cuts and other treats. Never have been served a similar spread anywhere else. Massages in spa were great. 30-minutes were included in deal we had. We also had included a 4-course dinner. Very nice, but service was quirky. The head waiter of the hotel poured wine into the water glass that was full with water. While he offered to bring an additional bottle of wine ( a little over the top!), that never happend! However, some glasses of wine by the glass were offered for free afterwards. While I am 100 percent English and Swiss German and French speaking, I was a bit surprised that person at front desk in the evening was only able to speak English and announced this readily . While I am not sure about this place. View and location I loved. A little aways from other things. But given level of rating of hotel, I am not sure. I think it is a bit exaggerated.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is a fabulous place and fully lived up to our expectations. Superb location though there is a road between the hotel and the lake, but thanks to air-conditioning in all the rooms you can sleep with the balcony doors closed and there is a beautifully decorated tunnel to the pool area, the restaurant "Lago" and the lake. Staff are friendly and helpful and contrary to what a recent guest wrote, the shuttle service to Lugano is absolutely free of charge and the welcome drink can be an alcoholic drink if you ask for it (we had a gin-and-tonic). The view is fabulous, the pool area quite large but at the lake itself, there could be a few more deckchairs. The rooms are large and very well appointed - if you do not like the rather heavy duvet, ask for a "letto italiano" and you get sheets and blanket. Breakfast very good. Our only complaint was that the restaurants are rather expensive and even when you ask for "the little menu", the prices are quite steep. This can be overcome by taking the shuttle to Lugano, it only takes about 20 minutes. We did have dinner one evening at the hotel's "Lago" restaurant - the food was excellent as was the service. We also used the indoor wellness facilities with pool, sauna etc. plus the healthcare unit where we had an excellent massage resp. facial treatment.
We loved the place and would definitely like to return to it one day. The Swiss tourist office had a special promotion and this made our stay very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We had an absolutely wonderful stay in this hotel.
We travelled with our 3 year old daughter. We booked a room with mountain/garden view, but were upgraded to a room with Lakeview. Beautiful!!
This room was very spacious, with airconditiong, and really everything you need.
The extra bed for our daughter was a sofabed, but was huge. She felt like a princess.

We didn't have the best weather, unfortunately, and therefore, it was a blessing to stay in the Swiss Diamond hotel. We had bad rain and thunderstorms, but we were not bored. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, a wonderful spa (sauna, steambath, jacuzzi, Turkish bath, etc), so we kept ourselves busy.

The outdoor swimming pool is very nice, especially the small pool for the children came in very handy.

The staff is very friendly and very helpful.

I definitely recommend this hotel to families with children. Even if we have a child ourselves, we do like the more quieter hotels. We were not the only family there, and it was still very quiet.

The nearby town Morcote is stunning. It is so small, but you can stay there for ages, just enjoying the beautiful views, food in the lovely restaurants. We also noticed that the people are very nice to children (this in comparison with Thun, you can read my other review of the Freienhof Hotel in Thun).

We are definitely thinking of going back there next year as it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank G_J_L_London
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed here last week with my husband for a few days relaxation.It absolutely met our expectations.We had a lake facing double room which was very large and beautifully appointed.There was a paying minibar but 2 bottles of water and chocolates were left each evening.The housekeeping was spotless.My husband had a massage at the spa and said it was one of the best he had ever had.We loved the lake front pool and bar and the service with the sunbeds was top notch.Nothing was too much trouble.The highlight for me was the food at the lakefront restaurant which was absolutely delicious..not cheap but delicious and worth the expense.For me the downer was the breakfast area which was a little uninspiring and didn't meet up to the excellence of the rest of the hotel.Freshly pressed orange juice was at extra charge when really it should have been part of the deal in a 5 star hotel.The coffee offered was not up to much either and I resorted to tea that I could make to my own satisfaction.Having said this overall I loved the hotel and will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple