“Great Roadside Accommodation out in the Country”
Review of Hostal Bustos

Hostal Bustos
Hostal Bustos
Naples, Florida
“Great Roadside Accommodation out in the Country”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I spent the night here after having finished my travel day with a visit to the Roman ruins of Segóbriga in the nearby town of Saelices. The hotel is located just a short distance off the A-3 at the Villarrubio exit, number 93 I think. Reception is in the downstairs bar-restaurant. The hotel and restaurant are run by an older couple who were both very nice. There seem to be quite a few rooms, but I am not sure how many. I was given a twin bedded double. Other than the beds, the only other furnishings are a nightstand, a small wooden chair, and a luggage rack. There is a small flat screen TV, with remote, mounted on the wall. The closet, for anyone staying more than a night is very ample. Everything is super clean and new looking. I suspect the whole place has been recently renovated from floor to ceiling. There are even nice recessed lights in the ceiling and the room is exceptionally bright and well lit. All the bedding looks new and is of good quality, with no thin, threadbare sheets or anything like that. The blankets are brand new and made of a very soft velour type material. The bathroom is small, but adequate. The shower is a semi-circular enclosed type with a curved tight fitting sliding door which keeps the floor nice and dry. There are gel and shampoo dispensers attached to the shower wall. The water pressure is great and the hand held shower actually has a tight fitting, easily adjustable wall bracket that is placed sufficiently high that I can actually fully stand up under the shower head. The bath towels are brand new, plush, and the biggest I've ever seen. They are quite literally five feet long. The only negative about the shower is the water control lever. Because of the small size of the stall, it is VERY easy to hit it with your elbow and push the water temperature way up. Once I realized this, I was careful to try not to hit it a second time. The owners kindly allowed me to bring in my bag of picnic food and spread out on one of the restaurant tables. They were both very nice and we had good conversation. Anyone who complains about this hotel needs a reality check. The only reason I am rating it a 4 instead of a 5 is that I couldn't connect to wifi. Even though I copied the long convuluted password from the bottom of the router, I kept getting an incorrect password error message. Oh, a word on sleep quality. The place is dead quiet all night. Not a single solitary sound. Mattress is very comfortable. As usual, the bed is too short because I am too tall. The bed I chose to use has a metallic creak to it every time you move. I discovered in the morning that the other one does NOT. Wish I knew that last night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Business

Been to Hostal Bustos? Share your experiences!