“Best chicken pie!!!”

The Red Lion Inn Hinxton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Lion Inn Hinxton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hinxton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Multi-award winning (Freehouse, Gastro Food and Accommodation Pub of the Year finalist at The Publican Awards) Classic 16th Century Grade II listed Freehouse in a tiny conservation village, sitting in a walled garden overlooked by a dovecote and the village church. Beamed ceilings, log fires, four cask ales, well known restaurant (AA Rosette, Local Secrets top place to eat and drink in the south of Cambridge 2008 award, Alastair Sawday, Good Pub, Good Beer & Good Food Guides, "top 50 pub garden in the country") - oak raftered traditional dry peg construction. Eight new-build double ensuites, direct dial telephone, free internet access (modem and wireless), 4 AA stars. New sister pub - The Black Bull.
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stopped here en route to Norfolk from London and had a great meal. I had the chicken pie and it was jam packed full of veggies and chicken. Yum

There are newer reviews for The Red Lion Inn Hinxton

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Called in for a bar snack on route to M11. The sandwiches were of a high standard and well presented. This is a great place to take a break on a long journey and close to M11 and A11 junction.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a slightly disappointing time visiting the Red Lion, but in fairness only because it had come so highly recommended by a friend. Nothing really struck as outstanding - food was good without being excellent, there was a generally nice atmosphere to the place. Good solid pub fare, with nothing much to separate it from the crowd.

1  Thank GourmandasaurusRex
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Liked the bar. Disliked the customer service, mediocre food and drinks' price - there is a lot of competition out there

1  Thank NordicNoir
AlexClarke, Owner at The Red Lion Inn Hinxton, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for coming to visit our pub restaurant this May. I am sorry that we appear to have upset you as I see you have gone out of your way to post two separate similar reviews on both our restaurant and our accommodation page, despite only coming over from our nearby town of Saffron Walden to eat rather than stay.

I see that these are the only two reviews you have submitted since opening your Tripadvisor account in April 2010 - I am sorry that we have stood out so much to have warranted such a reaction. You mentioned that you disliked the customer service, which is highly unusual, but could explain the above - I apologise for any upset caused. I would be very keen to find out more if you would care to drop me a line, so that we can put it right. I wonder if you completed one of our comment cards that come out with the bill - I cannot see an obvious match.

I am glad that you enjoyed our bar area and that you have experienced some good bar food over the years, but sorry that you found our drinks prices a little high.

You will see from the other reviews on our restaurant review page that your experience is not typical - please do return for a more representative experience.

Kind regards

Alex

Reviewed May 15, 2012

see my from review. A great meal. Local produce really well prepared and served.

TIP eat in the bar for cosiness :)