We have just returned from a fabulous week staying at one of the Lodges in the grounds of Aherlow House Hotel. I had availed of a great rate on a TV3 Deal of the Day and as I did not know this area at all felt it would be nice to check it out. Well we were not disappointed.
The lodges are huge and so bright and clean. We had the main bedroom which had a balcony looking out over the beautiful mountains. What a sight to wake up to! The other bedrooms were also quite large and all were ensuite. As we had a toddler with us, it was also very handy to have the washer and dryer in the kitchen together with the dishwasher so very little work necessary on holiday! We ate outside on the deck most of the time as the views were so beautiful.
We also did quite a few of the "looped walks" which were recommended in the welcome pack we received when checking in and these were great.
We ate in the restaurant one night and it was gorgeous - both service and food were perfect. We also had the bar food a few times and again it was great.
This is a perfect place if you want to relax and just chill out or if you want to take the walks through the forest/mountains. Tipperary town is 10 minutes drive away so you can stock up if you wish.
We found all of the staff we dealt with very friendly and helpful. One of the days we were relaxing on the deck when we were greeted by Roger, the Sales & Marketing Manager and he asked if we were enjoying ourselves and if all was ok. He also gave us a few tips on where to go and what to see etc. We all commented afterwards that it was a really nice personal and friendly touch that is sometimes lacking in other hotels. He also told us that October would be good to look at again for returning and I think he sold it to us!
If I had to make one little bad comment it would be that maybe this hotel is not advertised enough - we had never heard of it before and we all said that it is definitely somewhere we would have visited before had we known about it.
But now we do know about it, we will be back very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Heart of what can only be described as the "Alps of Ireland", the Glen of Aherlow you can relax and unwind from the fast paced and enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Galtee Mountain Range.Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges comprises of 29 well appointed Guest Bedrooms and 15 Three Bedroom Self Catering Alpine style lodges.Experience the tranquillity in its glory on one of the well appointed walking trails that border the hotel or relaxing in the Hunting lodge bar beside an Open log fire and sample the finest of local cusine from our bar food menu. For the more food enthusiatic side of you, choose from our Head Chefs extensive Restaurant menu which you can enjoy in the comfort of our Tree Top Restaurant.Located within a short distance of the Hotel you can enjoy the Historic with a Visit to The Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle,The Swiss Cottage or the wonder of the Michelstown caves. Also clsoe by you can partake in Horseriding, Childrens activities and many more wonders that Tipperary and Aherlow have for you to discover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aherlow House Hotel Glen Of Aherlow
- Aherlow House Hotel And Lodges
- Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges Glen Of Aherlow, Ireland - County Tipperary