Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges
Homeleigh Farm House(Glen of Aherlow)
$97
Ballinacourty House B&B(Glen of Aherlow)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgaltee mountainsbar foodtipperary townbeautiful scenerylog firebit datedself catering lodgesbig open firenight breakwonderful weekendbridal suitelick of paintfood was amazingspecial thanksfish and chipsold world charma lovely stay
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our daughter had her wedding in this hotel on April 12th and I have to say the wedding co-Ordinater did an excellent job. The venue, food, staff n rooms were a class act. Everybody went out of their way to ensure our comfort n desires on the special day. A massive thank u to u all for making the day so special for us all. I would honestly highly recommend this hotel for any occasion as u will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Heffok
Joanne O, Director of Sales at Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Heffolk,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your amazing review. It gave us great pleasure to host your daughter’s wedding and we really appreciate your positive feedback which we will ensure to pass to all the team here in Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges especially Caroline the wedding Co-ordinator. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future for more happy and unforgettable memories.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our group, 14 in number, arrived there on Sunday without a prior booking. It was quite busy with lots of families around the place. The staff were pleasant, friendly and polite. The food was tasty. Desserts, especially, were nicely presented. All in all, a positive experience to be recommended as part of a visit to the Glen of Aherlow.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Powerpix,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and leave such a favourable review. We are delighted that your visit was to such a high standard and hope to welcome you back in the future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was there walking over the weekend. Nice rooms, friendly staff and in a good location. Few minor things to iron out. Food was good but on the second day the burger bap was stale, there were no tomatoes and no coleslaw (as advertised). I did not complain because there was a wedding party at that time. Also the extractor fan in the bathroom was like a jet engine and made if difficult to relax there. So some minor things to iron out but would I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend hotel. Breakfast was better than normal also (although please have freshly squeezed orange juice and not the concentrate rubbish).

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank condublin
Joanne O, Director of Sales at Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Condublin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us. Our sincere apologies in regards to the burger bap and extractor fan, we can assure you we would prefer to be informed of any issues rather then you putting up with them. We are delighted that you would return and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glen of Aherlow in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am just back from a weekend with my walking group which I organised and we had a fabulous time, despite the mixed weather. I knew the Aherlow House Hotel was well placed for great walks and had heard good reports about it. My experience confirms those good reports. From my initial phone call to the last minutes of the weekend, the experience was completely positive. The accommodation was excellent - clean and comfortable, the food was great and the staff were all friendly and professional - every one of them. This is a great location for walkers with loads of marked trails and the wonderful Galtee Mountain range facing the hotel so I would highly recommend this as a base for other groups.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear MaryB12,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Aherlow House Hotel and we really do appreciate your kind words on both the staff, food and accommodation and will ensure it is passed to the entire team here in the Hotel. We hope to welcome you back again for another walking trip in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed in the Aherlow House Hotel for two nights over Easter, we got a fantastic deal and we're not disappointed.
On arriving at the hotel we were faced with breath taking views. The surroundings are beautiful, peaceful and tranquil, ideal for a quiet break.
The service throughout the hotel was flawless, we were greeted with a smile wherever we went, and the staff did everything possible to make the stay enjoyable.
We ate in both the bar and restaurant and had a positive experience in both, the food was fresh and perfectly cooked. I ordered a tempura salmon dish in the bar which I wasn't sure I was going to like, when I tried it I wished I was staying longer so I could have it again!
Both the bar staff and restaurant staff were friendly and efficient even when they were busy.
My only disappointment was that our room did not have a view. Although this did not impact on our stay too much, it would have been nice to look out at the mountains in the morning.
I would recommend staying here to anybody as it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin T

Dear Erin T,
Thank you for your glowing review. We are very proud of our unique surroundings here in the Glen of Aherlow and we are delighted that you enjoyed your break with us and took advantage of our amazing surroundings. Thank you for your very kind words on the staff here in the Hotel and the food produced here, we really are thrilled to read your review, it makes our work worthwhile to read of happy customers with positive experiences. We hope to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay very soon,