“Abslolutely beautiful place,”

Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We are just home from a great stay in one of the beautiful lodges in Aherlow hotel, we so enjoyed our stay, staff were very helpful, and made us feel very welcome, scenery was just out of this world, and our lodge was spotless clean, with all mod cons. The situation of the hotel is great for doing day trips to lots of interesting places, and also close to many other counties, Food in the hotel was just great, our only gripe was the price of a pint of Guinness which cost the men in our party, 4.70 (euros) per pint, we thought this was really over priced, but other than that we have no complaints, the decking and balcony in lodge are great, but maybe some chairs and tables on balcony would help make it more usable. We will stay here gain, in fact we are already planning our next visit, Thank you to all the staff who made our stay such a pleasure,

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Aherlow, Owner at Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Aine

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review.

It is hugely rewarding to hear from guests such as yourselves regarding your enjoyable experience with us. I acknowledge your comments regarding the pint of Guinness and I would be delighted to stand the men in your party their first pint when you get the opportunity to return to us. Please feel free to contact me personally at ferghal@aherlowhouse.ie in order that I may forward you my personal attention (and also so that I remember about the Guinness ! ).

Kind regards

Ferghal
Managing Owner

There are newer reviews for Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges

Reviewed August 31, 2011

The parents are over from the land of Oz and on a tight budget, but I wanted to take them somewhere with lovely views and plenty of good walks. I’d heard of the Glen of Aherlow but hadn’t seen too much of it so I booked into the Aherlow House Hotel and Lodges to see how we’d go. $429 for 6 of us seemed a pretty good deal.

The lodges are of a good size with each room ensuite. The master bedroom has the best view looking out over the Galtey mountains which showed up each afternoon after sleeping most of the day under a thick blanket of clouds. However they were beautiful and very dramatic and we enjoyed just sitting in the bar or in the lodge just imprinting that view on our memories.

The standard of the lodges was good, rooms clean and beds comfortable. The kitchen is well fitted out, though it would be better if more plates and cutlery were provided to warrant putting on the dishwasher. The quality of the fittings in the bathrooms were a bit cheap and some broken, but otherwise I really had little to complain about the lodge overall. The showers had good pressure for power showers and we all felt rested in the morning. Then there was that view.

The staff in the bar and restaurant are great and look after you very well. You can get a very good pub meal for around €10 a head in the bar, but I felt that the €30 per head price tag on the restaurant was a bit steep for the quality of food provided. The food was very good, but not particularly imaginative and only bistro quality at best. There is a children’s menu but the children’s portions are overwhelmingly huge. My toddler lost the plot when a bowl of pasta that would have fed 6 children turned up in front of her. She refused to eat it.

I would recommend the hotel, as the staff are friendly and helpful. The lodges are also clean and fresh. But it’s the views that would bring me back. They were gorgeous.

Room Tip: Ask for a lodge that doesn't overlook other lodges for uninterrupted views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Ozzie in Ireland

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review and indeed for both your positive and constructive comments.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future should the opportunity ever arise.

I have noted your observations and appreciate the time taken to communicate these.

With kind regards

Managing Owner

Reviewed August 3, 2011

my family and i have just styed in this ideally situated hotel in the middle of some breathtaking scenery and beautiful forests and loved every minute of it.the level of service from the manager roger and his staff are the best i have encountered in any hotel ever.they were so helpful and friendly and could teach so called 5 star hotels a thing or two.we stayed in the chalets and they have everything one could need.we had dinner a few drinks in the hotel itself and it was all top notch

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

i can not praise this hotel enough- i have stayed here on a few occasions andas a result had my wedding therr. everything about the hotel is fantastic all staff friendly and helpful front line managment always visable.food is fantastic - i cant praise it enough - i m looking forward to going back in a few weeks for my 1 st year wedding aniv. also all who travelled to down to stay loved it the lodges are bright big and clean and great value- well done and keep up the hard work. if you saty there in good weather you could be anywhere in the world

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sinead089
Aherlow, General Manager at Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Sinead089,

It is delightful to receive such positive comments from our brides and thank you for taking the time and effort to let us know how much you enjoyed your day.

We look forward to having you back with us and in the meantime I will pass on your very kind words on to my entire team.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Spent two nights here nearing the end of a two week trip. Older property, apparently had been a private hunting lodge, well maintained with some updates to the rooms and baths. Rooms aren’t spacious but plenty of space for the basics. Spotless and attractively decorated inside and out. Nice pub room opening out onto a wide terrace overlooking the glen, across to the mountains on its far side – wonderful place to sit and watch the evening. Kind of an isolated location, about seven miles from the center of Tipperary, so wouldn’t recommend if you are looking for active night life. Great access to the extensive system of walking trails going through the woods and parkland on the ridge. Staff efficient and friendly, although the bar service slows down when they have any kind of a crowd. Full dinner in the dining room not really worth it, trying too hard with complicated dishes, but the pub menu is reasonably priced and tasty. Breakfast the usual choices, satisfying but not spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Nashtntraveler,

Thank you very much for your recent positive review and I am delighted that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.

It is always interesting and important for us to hear the views of our customers and I will be delighted to pass these on to everyone involved.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed in a lodge for a week in June. The view was amazing and the lodge was very nice too. 2 minutes walk up to the hotel where the bar had a very nice atmosphere. Only thing missing from the lodge was a hairdryer so bring your own. Fridge was very small, definitely would not be roomy enough for 6 people. Will be going back next year as we had a great time even in the rain

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank lizzie4916

Dear Lizzie 491,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in the lodges.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the hairdryer and will have these restocked in all the lodges. I look forward to having you back with us and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is any thing I can do in advance of your arrival.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We didn't actually stay at the hotel but went to the restaurant for dinner because of all the good reviews posted previously. The staff were really friendly and the place very cosy and full of old world charm. We both really enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back. We got chatting to a couple at the next table who, on the previous evening had asked why there wasn't a cheese board as an alternative to dessert as they didn't like desserts. The next evening a magnificent cheese board was produced for them. Now that's what I call service.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie T
Aherlow, General Manager at Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear " Bramleysmom"

You are ever so kind for having taken the time to post such a positive review. We try hard to do the little things that make the difference, and indeed we do not expect or deserve any recognition for these. However, it is extremely rewarding to those who made the small effort in picking up on a guests comment, to see this recognised and appreciated.

I will be delighted to pass on your very kind acknowledgements regarding the meal, and attention to the little things that matter.

Yours sincerely

Clonmel Park Hotel, Leisure Center and ECO Spa
Anner Hotel
Anner Hotel
#1 of 3 in Thurles

Been to Aherlow House Hotel & Lodges? Share your experiences!