“A night to remember...”

The Barn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Pidley
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Barn is a family run British restaurant with head chef Lee producing top quality meals for a fine dining experience. Specializing in fresh fish and producing dishes influenced by seasonality and many cultures and countries.
London
“A night to remember...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a lovely evening celebrating my brithday at the Barn - service was friendly, atmosphere spot on, and the food was to die for! Looking forward to my next visit to explore the interesting menu further...

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Sunday Lunchtime Meal”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we have just returned from an enjoyable sunday lunch with our two grandchildren.
They are 10 and 11. Noting that the Barn doesn't normally
allow children under 16, we phoned and spoke to the Head Chef, Lee.
He was very helpful ,stressing that our granchildren would be very
welcome as long as they were well behaved and didn't disturb the other diners.
We thought this very reasonable. The meal and service was excellent,
the children really enjoyed being in an adult environment.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Peter A
Cambridge
“Overall a very good meal but left with mixed feelings.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Myself and my other half eat out on a regular basis, and decided to try somewhere we had not been before. I had been told a few years back that the barn was very good and after checking the reviews on here we booked a table and were looking forward to our evening here. We were happy to see no under 16's were allowed, as a couple with no children we do not want to be spending our Saturday nights with other peoples!

The staff all in all were very good, when we first came in they were too busy having a chat to deal with us as promptly as you would hope but they were generally friendly and helpful.

For our starters we had the ribs and the beef skewers, both were fantastic-possibly the best starters we have had anywhere. The pork was so tender it fell of the bone and the marinade on the skewers was delicious, we both thought at this point we were in for a fantastic main course.

My other half ordered venison and I had ordered the T-bone steak, while the venison was spot on the medium rare steak I had ordered was in fact well done on one half of the bone and medium well on the other. Usually I would probably just not worry about changing it, however at £22.50 I felt that I must and really I don't think it's acceptable when your charging this price to get a steak cooked wrong. The waitress happily took my steak away and apologised, I waited 10 minutes for my new one to arrive, which is to be expected but by this point my partner had finished his meal which was frustrating. Luckily the second steak was spot on, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the steak I must say it was very bland and not as tender as I would have hoped but then I have only had t bone on a few occasions so maybe that's just how that cut of steak is? The rest of the meal was lovely, Chips were delicious as was the Diane sauce that accompanied my steak.

I did feel for the inconvenience caused they perhaps should have offered a complimentary drink or dessert which they did not, but other than this it was all dealt with in an ok manner. My partner has raved about the meal since, so Im sure we will be back I just felt my meal was not worth the money they were charging so I would probably avoid steak on my return!

Visited August 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal to remember”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is my first review on trip advisor, I felt I had to comment after reading earlier reviews and to complement The Barn on lovely food and first class service. We booked in advance for our party of eight to celebrate a birthday and on checking the website noticed the no children info, we did think of taking children but no problem the adults had a great evening.
Unlike an earlier review which I think was a bit knit-picking our food was cooked to perfection in every way from starters through mains to puddings. Four of our party had the T-bone steak and were given steak knives which were hardly needed as the meat was so tender.
The wine list and drinks available were more than adequate for our party. The service was first class and the staff very helpful, Lee the head chef visited our table more than once to ask if everything was ok.
It certainly was and all our party said we must visit The Barn again very soon

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank 988billj
York, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and stunning location”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visited The Barn on recommendation from friends in Cambridge. We had to travel 16 miles each way but we were so pleased we did. On arrival at 7pm the restaurant was very quiet but by 8pm is was buzzing, I was so glad we booked 3 weeks in advance. We had a table upstairs looking out onto the lush countryside. The whole place is very rustic with a good ambience and a very relaxed atmosphere. We were quite a large party so each of us had a different starter, I opted for the salmon parcels, delicious. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered, I had a taste of the homemade tomato and basil soup from my friend, it was the best soup I have ever tasted. For my main I ordered a T-bone steak with all the trimmings, everything was lovely, I cleared my plate which is quite unusual for me. My friend tried the kangaroo, she said it just melted in her mouth but there was far too much. To finish we had the cheese board, plenty to choose from and the apricot chutney was exquisite ( I really wanted to ask for the recipe). The staff at The Barn are all lovely and friendly and we even got to meet the hard working chef, he came to our table to ask if everything was okay with our food (nice touch we thought). We liked the fact that we had the table all night so we never felt rushed, in fact we were the last out at 11pm. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant in the very near future and I will recommend to all my family and friends (we're even going to book for xmas) Thank you "The Barn" for a lovely night and special thanks to the chef, Lee.

• Visited August 2013