“Brilliant Restaurant!”

The Thai Corner Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Hythe
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Thai Corner in Hythe, a traditional Thai restaurant situated a 10min ferry journey away from Southampton's Town Quay and a 10min bicycle ride away from the New Forest National Park. In The Thai Corner, we believe in traditional food, freshly cooked the way you like it, hot or not. Come and experience the true taste of Thailand! BOOKINGS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DURING THE WEEK, EARLY BOOKINGS EVEN MORE SO FOR WEEKENDS
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After an absence of a couple of years we decided to celebrate our anniversary with a trip here. Since our last trip the ownership had changed hands. Given that our previous experience was top dilate it would have taken a lot to surpass that. The friendly welcome and delicious food did more than we expected. The staff there make you feel like you're their only customers despite the fact that it's full to the rafters. I can't recommend it highly enough but as it's always busy, book in advance!

1  Thank Cyclingist

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just eaten there for the first time tonight with my son and fiancée to celebrate their engagement. I had heard that it is the top restaurant in Hythe. Decor not very authentic, food as someone else had mentioned were rather small portions. The reason that I am not happy to return is because the waitress spilled a whole bottle of beer over me, accidentally of course,I was dripping and cold. She apologised naturally, but there was no offer of compensation of any kind, not even a drink. I sat in wet clothes and shoes for over an hour whilst we finished. The least they could have done was take something off of the bill for my discomfort and for the fact that I have to wash everything that I was wearing, hoping that is that the stains come out. Disappointed.

2  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Best Thai food ever. Flavours awesome. The owners are very nice and helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure everything is great for the customers. We will be making this restaurant our local eating place.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went there a couple of months ago - we found it a little lacking in atmosphere and the food wasn't very inspiring

A little heavy handed on the flavouring - as an example a lot of coriander in the green curry

Prices ok

But will be a while before I go back

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I celebrated her birthday here on a Thursday night. Service excellent, ambiance good, Spent £40 on food only - tasty but not awesome. We found the portions small with tiny amount of meat - it appeared they are really scrimping! - and even then we paid extra for rice and crackers - these are so cheap to produce, its a pity they are not included in the price of the meal. Seems to becoming a trend to charge for parts of the meal that really are integral to the dish. If the restaurant is really authentic as they claim, they should do the same as they do in Thailand - supply a complete meal for the price of the dish