“Family Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast

Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hythe
Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Hythe B&B and Inns
essex
“Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

From the moment we arrived Trish and Tony welcomed us into their Bed & Breakfast, we felt nothing was too much trouble, the room was spacious, spotless, modern, and very comfortable. We only stayed 2 nights, and was most surprised that our beds had been made and fresh towels arrived whilst we were out for the day. The breakfast was delicious, and the self service kitchen was really useful so we could warm some milk up for our toddler before bedtime! We will definitely be recommending this to others and will defintely be back again. thank you once again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kentygirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

On booking I was told on the phone that only a family room was available and single occupancy would be £50. On arrival at about 2015 hours, despite ringing the bell on and off for 10 minutes could not get a reply. Noticing a light at one of the ground floor windows I tapped and was admitted by another guest, only to stand in the hall for several minutes more – he called out along the passage a couple of times and finally suggested joining him in his room.

The modest room had two beds and a TV (without instructions), which I could not make work. Sound insulation of voices from the next room was poor. One end of a handle on the bedside drawer was detached and drooping to the floor. The bedside lamp did not have a switch on it so that one had to rummage behind the other bed to switch it off. In the bath room the wash basin was loose from the wall, the decoration above the toilet very poor, and two small bugs appeared – one from behind the hinge of the toilet seat and the other at a tap mounting on the basin. There was a small but unpleasant stain on the toilet seat. During the night the incredibly noisy macerator came on (this could be if a wash basin tap was not fully off).

In the morning I turned back the sheet to find a 1inch blood stain at mid body length. It had penetrated to the mattress cover. Very concerned I checked my pyjamas and it had not come from me.

A bill for £55 was presented, but reduced to £50 when I related the initial phone call – good, although embarrassingly on my return I found that their confirmation email was for £55.

They were very apologetic about the blood stain and toilet seat stain and suggested I should have used the other bed, but with the state of the bedside lamp I had to get in bereft of any light so was unaware till the morning. Tony did ring shortly after I left to apologise again and say that if I did return some reduction in price would be offered.

The parking outside was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
fourseasons143, Owner at Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
We have a few points to make with regard to this review.
1. Mr ? failed to mention that he could not find the bell push which is quite prominent on the door jamb and, also did not notice the interior bell at the reception.
2. The TV has a basic remote. Push the on button and it comes on.
3.The bedside lamps are touch lamps (just touch them anywhere and the will light up).
4.The bathroom wash basin was slightly loose and has now been rectified. This was not mentioned at the time.
5. We apologise now and did so then for the stain on the toilet seat. That is inexcusable and has been dealt with by instigating certain procedures.
6. Mr ? was told about the macerator toilet and asked politely not to leave a bathroom tap running over night.
7. The Bed. When Mr ? was shown the room it was light and the double bed was made up and ready for use. The single bed was covered and, indeed, Mr ? placed his luggage on the single bed. We were mortified the next morning when he mentioned that there was a blood stain on the sheet. However we were also mystified when we discovered that he did not use the bed that was made ready, but, instead, uncovered the single bed and used that. Unfortunately for us, our housekeeper was in a hurry the day before and took it upon herself to leave the bed, cover it up and change it the next day. This was an unfortunate circumstance as the bed would normally have had not been made up under the cover. This has been dealt with and procedures put in place to ensure that it will not happen again.
Our offer of a free nights stay for Mr ? still stands and we are certain that his next stay will be enjoyable and free from mishaps.
Tony and Trish Reay - Four Seasons
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

When I first found out I was staying in a converted house / hotel and sharing a bathroom with some random guest I was not looking forward to my stay, but... after entering the hotel and meeting Tony and his wife, my expectations reset and I was impressed more and more as we looked around the lounge / dining area, then went up to my room. Yes, the staircase is narrow and you must not have a phobia or allergy to dogs as the young lady that lives there likes to welcome you as well. Tony has been running the place for about 7 months and the redesign on the rooms were welcomed, decent sized and with comfortable beds, modern decor and all the mod-cons you need on a business trip. This is by no means an IBIS or an ETAP hotel, this is someone's home that has been upscaled to meet the needs of guests. My room was a double with both a double bed and a single bed, bedside tables, touch lamps and my favourite piece of equipment, a 4 plug adapter at the side of the bed! Heaven! the ability to plug in both my iphone charger and my laptop alongside my bedside lamp and an extra plug should I require it. I have stayed in plenty of hotels and having all my equipment stretched across the room always puts me off, but the simplicity of a 4 plug adapter made this hotel a happy place to be! Coupled with decent wifi (a nightmare in hotels before) I had a good signal and could get over 1mb of speed no-matter where I went in the hotel! The breakfast was hearty and enjoyable, the big leather sofas in the lounge was comfortable and the hotel had a relaxing homely feel to it. Highly recommended for short stays and a welcome pleasant service!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Eonie
Exeter UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

We chose The Four Seasons B&B as we only wanted a one night stopover (many places insist on a 2 night minimum) and this was located close to my family function.
Trish and Tony were extremely welcoming. We had a ground floor room but it was very quiet, even with a group of Lambretta-enthusiasts staying the night as well! The communal area was clean and comfortable with a 'help yourself' supply of tea,coffee, milk, juice, fruit and biscuits.
Although the B&B itself is not in the most picturesque location, it boasts a large private car park (that can be locked for safety) and the New Forest is a very short distance away.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Diemen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Before our trip to England ended we stayed here for two nights with our 11 year old son and it was wonderful.
The rooms were very spacious spotlessly clean as every Four Season's hotel we stayed in before. The staff were also very helpfull and the surroundings are simply breathtaking.
The spa was great and the tenniscourts are also very good.
If you want to get a taste of the English countryside and want "some" luxury; this is the place. The price is well worth the stay and for us not overpriced at all ;)

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Montagu Arms Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hythe
Fountain Court Hotel
Fountain Court Hotel
#6 of 6 in Hythe

Been to Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!