“great food”
Review of Hobbits Restaurant - CLOSED

Hobbits Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hobbits Restaurant. Hobbits Restaurant has been privately operated for over 33 years. We strive to ensure that you enjoy your visit with us. We specialise in a perfectly cooked steaks and use locally sourced ingredients. We have a varied menu to cater for everybody and strive to provide menu items for those of you with dietary requirements. We also offer a daily specials board providing a variety of choices that showcase our chef's creative dishes.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

went to the hobbits on Saturday 12october it was fantastic food I had scallops cooked to perfection followed by duck again cooked just how I like it .And to finish a great meal banana soufflé and homemade banana ice-cream. we will definitely be going back again. there was 6 of us in our party and we all enjoyed meal. summer our waitress was fantastic.........

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have been staying in Hythe for the past 3 weeks and have eaten here twice. On both occasions the food was fantastic, well presented, good quality and good value for money. The service is also great, something sadly lacking in most places these days. We are back again this coming Friday, and looking forwards to another great meal, in a venue that has a great atmosphere. Well done to all the staff at this establishment. It just goes to show that you don't have to have flashy fixtures and fittings to provide an outstanding service and menu. Jeff and Penny Thomas

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked for Saturday evening, the window table please, having been told by friend that this was their favourite restaurant.
We received a warm welcome and yes we were given the rable we had requested. The waitress. was polite and attentive and could answer any queries we had. Two of us chose the Barnsley Chops which were served with sweet potato mash and a redcurrant sauce, what a superb combination! The veg, which were a free accompaniament, were freshly cooked to perfection. It was one of the tastiest meals I have ever eaten and given its simplicity remarkable.
The others in our company chose steak and sea bass which also received rave reviews.
There was a good selection of puddings which we all thoroughly enjoyed.
I would certainly recommend this restaurant and hope to visit it again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good food, good atmosphere. That just about sums it up! We went here fairly late into a Saturday evening and were accommodated without a reservation. I had the brie and my partner had the wild mushroom risotto (neither of us are vegetarian!). I had the surf and turf main and my girlfriend had the Gruyère chicken. Both were delicious! Unfortunately they had sold out of the pudding I had my eye on (chocolate fondant) so I will have to visit again a bit earlier next time!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate here 2 days ago with friends on their recommendation. The young man serving was very attentive with a good sense of humour.

We had a variety of starters which were all very good (including an extremely large deep fried Brie). Spookily for our main courses, 3 of us chose the mixed seafood platter consisting of mussels in a white wine sauce with red bream fillets, shell on prawns, battered calamari and a couple of scallops. The only minor criticism was that these fish dishes could have been a bit hotter, maybe it was difficult to cook 3 at the same time. Otherwise this would be a 5 star rating but we would certainly eat at Hobbits again if in the area.

3  Thank Jeremy R