A beautiful place with the perfect blend of adventure and leisure. I am a freelancer and had just finished a 9month long project, I needed a place to unwind,relax,enjoy and be close to nature. I took off last minute with another friend, it was a weekend and we dint get any bookings instantly at waterfront since they were completely booked. We paid double at the ITC fortune (10,500/-)and checked in for a night there. The stay was completely worth it because of firstly the pool there which is surrounded by mountains and secondly because of the beautiful view of the mountains, the lake and almost the entire city from our window. We spent 2 nights at lavasa out of which we spent the first day chilling at the promenade..clicking pictures,soaking in the beautiful environment and weather(1st-3rd march). We watched the music fountain which was interesting too. Most of the restaurants look interesting and are calling out to you so its difficult to make a choice. We decided to have drinks ,main course and desert all at three different places so we could try maximum places in one night! First we visited the 'Past times Pub' for drinks. Great interiors but I wish I could say anymore about this place, the service was sad, the ambiance was..well..it was dead! Not such a great experience. We then headed to 'Chor Bazaar' for some Mughlai dinner. Stunning interiors, warm stuff and some very interestingly flavored food. we paid 1000/- for a meal for two and spent over a good hour there which was a fulfilling experience. Next we visited 'Grandmom's kitchen' for desert. This place for me personally had the best decor. Like a small cafe from the UK, it was decorated with some yummy looking deserts. Not all the deserts taste great so make sure what you pick..but this too is a place you must visit. We ended our night by sitting on a bench at the promenade by the lake and starring and the stars with some great conversation. There is a 24hour coffee shop that you could visit too.
The next morning began at 7a.m with a sumcious breakfast at the fortune hotel and a swim in the pool. We checked out and checked in the water front shaw. With reasonable rates, a spic and span studio apartment with the lake view and helpful staff we were welcomed at the water front shaw.You can take cycles if your a guest at the waterfront without paying a penny except a refundable deposit,well we dint read the welcome letter handed over to us while check in so we missed to notice this! (TIP:READ the welcome letter carefully) Instead we ended up spending Rs.200/- on the promenade for a 20mins ride on the cycle, but that too was worth it since the cycle was one which 2 riders could ride. We decided to eat lunch at the 'All American Diner' and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there. The food was mouth watering and the interiors are funky and interesting. If your a non-vegetarian ,you must visit this place and try out any of their yum platters that they serve. We then headed to X-thrill adventure which is part of lavasa city and has a varied adventure sports which are a lot of fun if your in a bigger group. We had a great time although it was just two of us. Well your will to experience adventure is tested through the road to get there itself in the first place, it not a good road at all yet we somehow made it there. We chose to take a package of Rs.650/- each which included a zip line, the burma bridge crossing (looks easy but is SCARY!), 10 rifle shots and archery. All of these were done with utmost safety and by extremely professional and helpful staff. They teach you everything right from your posture to which way to do an activity to get maximum enjoyment out of it. Followed by these we indulged in ATV rides(buggy) @ Rs.500/- each for two rounds of a built track. Although the price seemed a little steep it was worth it since it was our first experience riding an ATV.We spent over 3 hours full of fun here and by evening we headed back towards the main city.
On our way back we headed to the 'Link Road' which was a bridge and had beautiful structures in between the road to stop and chill at. With water on both sides, we spent a great time there as well. Next we visited the Dasve club which was absolutely beautiful, with food and drinks being served on the deck by a pool and the only thing separating you from the lake are a few railings,this meal was one of our best meals. For everyone checked into waterfront, a swim and other services at the dasve club is for free. We watched the sun set as we relaxed on our beach chairs munching on some snacks and sipping on our drinks.
We had decided to call it a night and felt like we had experienced enough for one trip until we realised that we had craved to eat the 'Twister fries' the previous day but could not since they had sold out.
We instantly drove back to the promenade and ate the twister fries. So what was the rush?..well these are potato fries available in unique fries, except twisted and available on a stick and a must try for foodies like us!! We retired for the night by chilling in our room, standing in the balcony for a bit, chatting and then slept off by 11p.m. The key to enjoy a beautiful place like lavasa is to wake up by 6a.m or 7a.m maximum to be able to make the most of the complimentary breakfast, the beauty of the nature around you and the weather.
We did the same on day 3 and had a lovely breakfast at 'All American diner' which was included in our stay package at water front shaw. We ended our journey with this meal and sweet gesture of a goodbye bag by waterfront for our journey back to Mumbai.
A great trip because of the beautiful well planned city. Right from the architecture, to the activities and even the flower plantations around the city. There is more than enough to experience and relax around this place but make sure you take our atleast 2 days or a day and a half to visit this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa designed on the famous Portofino style of architecture is located on the amazing promenade of Lake Dasve, nestled between Lake Warasgaon and the picturesque mountain ranges of Lavasa. A boutique all suites full serviced apartment offering a choice of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that can comfortably host a family, the hotel also operates ten branded F&B outlets on its sprawling promenade which include The All American Diner - serving hearty American meals through the day; Chor Bizarre - Fine Dining Indian Cuisine; Orient 8 - South East Asian Cuisine; Past Times - English Pub; Granma's Homemade - Bakery; Pizzavala - serves homemade Pizzas; Tabakh - Lebanese Cuisine; Tikka Town - Indian fast food; Cafe Promenade - Multi Cuisine Al Fresco dining in fair weather; Chaat Waat - Indian street food; Twisteez - a unique QSR fried potato snack on a stick. All rooms are fully furnished with air-conditioned bedrooms with attached bath. Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, Tea/Coffee Maker and supplies, crockery. Cable TV and Free Wi-Fi Internet in rooms/ Free In-room entertainment (movies and games on demand). Full security - Electronic door locks, Room Safes, Writing Tables Plus *Toiletry set, *weighing scale, *hair dryer. Daily needs - Daily Newspaper/ Daily Car Wash/ Free Ice. Resident guests are pampered and spoilt for choice, whether it is free delivery of newspapers, ice or freshly baked bread to all rooms, daily complimentary car wash, free cycles and games consoles for kids, a pet friendly hotel that gently bids you goodbye with a memento of a personal photograph along with a rare bloom of the indigenous Karvi plant besides packaged drinking water to thoughtfully take care of your return journey, we work hard to make each visit of yours a memorable experience. The Waterfront Shaw also boasts of being the only resort in the country that offers Free Hollywood Movies on Demand through its state of the art Walt Disney acquired MovieBeam service. An RCI affiliated and award winning Platinum resort, The Waterfront Shaw also manages The Dasvino Town & Country Club which includes: The Karvi Spa & Salon, Swimming Pool, Nautilius Gym, Tennis Courts, Squash Courts, Snooker & Games Rooms, Card Room, Kid's Play Area, Amphitheater, Conference Rooms besides Oriental Octopus - Fine Dining South East Asian Cuisine; Dance Vino - Bar & Lounge; The Deck - Multi cuisine All Day Dining; Lounge & Tea Room By The Lake. Needless to mention, entry to the club for its guests is complimentary as well as use of the swimming pool that overlooks the lake Dasve and the Nautilus gym. Special discounts and privileges are also extended for partaking other services at the attached club In April 2013 The Waterfront Shaw became India's first hotel to earn the "Certified Guest Service Property" title awarded by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (EI). To earn the title, all front-line employees completed EI's Guest Service Gold Training program and successfully passed the Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP) exam. Trip advisor has recognized the property with its Certificate of Excellence for three consecutive years 2012 - 2013 - 2014. The property consistently receives praise for its guest service, which is amply demonstrated through its Top Rating amongst all hotels in Lavasa Some of the other awards won by The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa are; - RCI Platinum Award 2014, Best Timeshare Resort, Mid Category, Mumbai Region - Make My Trip Platinum Pick Year 2013 For Stellar Performance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa Hotel Lavasa
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa Maharashtra