First of all let me say a few words about Lavasa, the planned city and hill station of India in the central region, in the Mose valley of the Western Ghats. It is located at a distance of about 310 km from Mumbai (three and half hours) and about 62 km from Pune (one and half hours). Though not fully completed, it is a good option for a weekend getaway from Mumbai or Pune. The main attraction of the city is a lake around which waterfront development in European style is being done.
Waterfront shaw is a big complex built by the side of the lake. It has hotel rooms and apartments on private ownership. The location of the hotel is its USP. There is ample scope for family and group activities and even conventions in and around the hotel. A variety of restaurants and eateries are located just below the hotel facing the lake and we can see people enjoying their meals on the waterfront like we see in Europen countries. And the food quality is really good. the variety, very wide, with oriental, continental, american, Indian choices aplenty. Lot of 'chat' shops are also there on the waterfront.
The rooms are well furnished and well maintained. the apartment style rooms come with an attached drawing room and a balcony. The cost is affordable.There are ample space and walks around the hotel for leisurely walks and jogging. Free cycles are available for young and grown up as well (of course, one has to make a security deposit). The boating facility is also nearby.
Though there were some controversy about Lavasa regarding the land acquisition and environmental impact, there is no doubt that Lavasa air is cool, clean and the atmosphere quiet which are pre requisites for any good hill station. Without hesitation you can have a visit to lavasa and Waterfront shaw.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa designed on the famous Portofino style of architecture is located on the amazing promenade of Lake Dasve, nestled between Lake Warasgaon and the picturesque mountain ranges of Lavasa. A boutique all suites full serviced apartment offering a choice of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that can comfortably host a family, the hotel also operates ten branded F&B outlets on its sprawling promenade which include The All American Diner - serving hearty American meals through the day; Chor Bizarre - Fine Dining Indian Cuisine; Orient 8 - South East Asian Cuisine; Past Times - English Pub; Granma's Homemade - Bakery; Pizzavala - serves homemade Pizzas; Tabakh - Lebanese Cuisine; Tikka Town - Indian fast food; Cafe Promenade - Multi Cuisine Al Fresco dining in fair weather; Chaat Waat - Indian street food; Twisteez - a unique QSR fried potato snack on a stick. All rooms are fully furnished with air-conditioned bedrooms with attached bath. Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, Tea/Coffee Maker and supplies, crockery. Cable TV and Free Wi-Fi Internet in rooms/ Free In-room entertainment (movies and games on demand). Full security - Electronic door locks, Room Safes, Writing Tables Plus *Toiletry set, *weighing scale, *hair dryer. Daily needs - Daily Newspaper/ Daily Car Wash/ Free Ice. Resident guests are pampered and spoilt for choice, whether it is free delivery of newspapers, ice or freshly baked bread to all rooms, daily complimentary car wash, free cycles and games consoles for kids, a pet friendly hotel that gently bids you goodbye with a memento of a personal photograph along with a rare bloom of the indigenous Karvi plant besides packaged drinking water to thoughtfully take care of your return journey, we work hard to make each visit of yours a memorable experience. The Waterfront Shaw also boasts of being the only resort in the country that offers Free Hollywood Movies on Demand through its state of the art Walt Disney acquired MovieBeam service. An RCI affiliated and award winning Platinum resort, The Waterfront Shaw also manages The Dasvino Town & Country Club which includes: The Karvi Spa & Salon, Swimming Pool, Nautilius Gym, Tennis Courts, Squash Courts, Snooker & Games Rooms, Card Room, Kid's Play Area, Amphitheater, Conference Rooms besides Oriental Octopus - Fine Dining South East Asian Cuisine; Dance Vino - Bar & Lounge; The Deck - Multi cuisine All Day Dining; Lounge & Tea Room By The Lake. Needless to mention, entry to the club for its guests is complimentary as well as use of the swimming pool that overlooks the lake Dasve and the Nautilus gym. Special discounts and privileges are also extended for partaking other services at the attached club In April 2013 The Waterfront Shaw became India's first hotel to earn the "Certified Guest Service Property" title awarded by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (EI). To earn the title, all front-line employees completed EI's Guest Service Gold Training program and successfully passed the Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP) exam. Trip advisor has recognized the property with its Certificate of Excellence for three consecutive years 2012 - 2013 - 2014. The property consistently receives praise for its guest service, which is amply demonstrated through its Top Rating amongst all hotels in Lavasa Some of the other awards won by The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa are; - RCI Platinum Award 2014, Best Timeshare Resort, Mid Category, Mumbai Region - Make My Trip Platinum Pick Year 2013 For Stellar Performance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa Hotel Lavasa
- The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa Maharashtra