“Too good a place to be”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lavasa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Too good a place to be”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited Fortune Select Dasve- Lavasa from 19th to 21st Oct, 2013. I had booked 3 rooms (which included my family i.e. me, my wife and my 9-year old son, my in-laws and my sister-in-laws family as well, so in all there were 6 adults and two children with one being infant) by calling them up personally. I found the booking process extremely seamless and it was done with utmost ease. The ambiance was extremely good and I found the hotel staff highly polite and courteous.I opted for an all-inclusive package i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. All the meals was quite sumptuous and the spread of the cuisine was also extremely good. The only drawback of the hotel was the route to the hotel for first timers as there wasn't any direction nor signboard that would have guided us on the way.

1 Thank Murali I
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your valuable review about our hotel and we are thankful for your encouraging words about the Buffet spread & the Room. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities.
I do hope you will consider returning to stay with us in the future when you can be assured of our best attention.
Look forward to welcoming you back to Fortune Select Dasve Lavasa.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fortune ITC in Lavasa is a great hotel with an excellent location. There is not much to explore in Lavasa.. hence the hotel has its advantage of being located right on the water front shaw. However, the trip was not without its obstacles. We liked the hotel so much we wished to extend our stay for one more night. Initially we were told that the standard rooms are not available and we will have to take the Lake view rooms. After, we moved into the lake view room, we realised the AC was malfunctioning - we were offered to be moved into another room. The third room that we were moved in was absolutely not worth it. The AC was not working here as well, there were insects in the room, the window sill was broken, the wardrobe was not opening and the lake view from this floor was a complete joke. Finally, after a lot of arguments, the hotel moved us to a standard room (which we were told was not available in the first place) which was comfortable. I might also add the bell boy who came to help us to shift the second time was extremely rude and argumentative - the third time we just shifted ourselves!!

Nevertheless, apart from the above issue, the stay was extremely pleasant and comfortable. The food is very good - slightly over priced and the service is otherwise good and the staff courteous.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room only if you intend to keep the curtains open.. the size of both the rooms is...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

Warm regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited Fortune Select Dasve - Lavasa along with 2 families (7 people - 3 room bookings). The pros and cons are listed below:-

Pros:-
i) Good hospitality, very polite staff.
ii) Clean rooms. Rooms are good. 32 inch TV, queen size bed, fairly big, mini fridge, clean washroom.
iii) Excellent room service - they went out of the way with a few of my requests (young child along)
iv) Very Good food (reviewed separately for Zodiac (http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1436065-d1554227-r182179364-Zodiac_Restaurant-Lavasa_Maharashtra.html#UR182179364))

Cons:-
i) Difficult to reach Lavasa if visiting the first time - no directions/sign-boards guiding a visitor.
ii) No sign-board of the hotel. Generally one would see sign-boards of the hotel welcoming the visitor and indicating how many more kms to the hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback & your generous appreciation of our hotel facilities and services offered by our team.

At Fortune Select Dasve Lavasa, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Warm Regards
Raichur, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my wife and kids age 4 & 7 in Oct 2013,aprart from the exterior part of the hotel every thing was good the pool,gym,restaurant,room. The location and the view from the hotel is very good easy access to river side street and place to sit,relax and enjoy in the evening.

Room Tip: had booked the suite room as i had travelled with my kids so would recomend suite room for people wh...

Warm Regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were at Lavasa from 04 - 06 Oct 13 and completely enjoyed our stay there. The buffet food and restaurant service were impeccable as one expects from the ITC group. Must especially mention the Bar tender who knew just the right way to mix a drink. Also, the view from the 3rd Floor room of the Lavasa lake was awesome.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 3rd or the 4th Floor facing the Lake - opposite side of the main lobby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PKGUPTA_11
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Look forward to welcoming you back to Fortune Select Dasve Lavasa.

Bangalore
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a day in this place in lake view room yesterday. Good service and staff were helpful. All our requests were well taken care of. Food is good and in fact the complimentary breakfast was better than buffet lunch with multiple options in the spread. Pool is well maintained. You will also find CCD and quick eateries near to the hotel at walkable distance. Overall a nice place to relax from a bustling city life and I wish I had planned additional day in my itinerary in Lavasa.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MuraliK7
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your valuable review about our hotel and we are thankful for your encouraging words about the breakfast Buffet spread & the Room. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at the Fortune in the monsson and it was a great experience. The climate is wonderful at in the monsoon season and a must visit to all monsoon lovers.
The hotel is decent and has all the attributes to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for the wonderful feedback on our hotel features & facilities while your positive comments on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.
Look forward to pleasure of serving you once again in near future.

Chetan Bhatnagar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavasa
The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa
#1 of 1 in Aamby Valley City
Ekaant the retreat
Ekaant the retreat
#1 of 9 in Lavasa

Been to Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa? Share your experiences!