“Family Trip to Lavasa”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lavasa
Mumbai
“Family Trip to Lavasa”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Hotel is located at beautiful location facing the lake. The deck area which has the swimming pool is a beautiful sight to watch the muntain and lake. The room is well furnished with all the inbuilt facilities. The food at the Hotel is nice. Overall a good experience to celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the wonderful feedback on our hotel features & facilities while your positive comments on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.
Look forward to pleasure of serving you once again in near future.

Warm Regards,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Alibaug, India
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Checkin smooth. Rooms good size. we were given interconnecting rooms. Staff ready to help. food was good wide selection for breakfast and lunch. Swimming pool on 2nd floor - very small size - water was very cold.
The hotel is near the promenade little away from the lake - so no real lake view
Its very close to the Lavasa experience zone

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Lavasa.

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Select Dasve and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Thane, India
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was a part of my 2 city honeymoon n was disappointing from the begining. I had to call almost 4 times to confirm my reservation and secure a confirmation on the payment being received by them. A day before i receive an email stating my booking is cancelled, lucky to have received a follow up email stating that it was an error and saving me the energy of having to call and confirm why it happened.

On arrival i was alloted a room with a fair view which was the only good part. Once in the room, the key does not work so i have to wait for a replacement key as non of the electronics would work. Add to that when i open the drawer in the study table it has used cigarette buds in a bowl of water. I have to call and get that cleaned. I thought that would be it and i can relax n i move to draw the curtains which don't close properly resulting in another call to the housekeeping team and loss of my valuable time.

I bring this to the duty managers notice who offers a room change at the same standard. On asking if any better rooms would be available, an affirmative no is what greeted me.

In room service is good in terms of food quality, however the person at the other end could not comprehend my request and eventually i had to settle for something which he could understand and i could eat. This was followed by a complementary fruit platter which had apple slices which were not fresh. At this moment my fortunes would have turned as my wife was really upset and wanted to check out, as it was on my insistance that she came to Lavasa n to Fortune.

Step in Mr Salamat Raza who personally looked into all the issues and also offered an upgrade, something that i had been informed as being not available. Intergrity of the hotel staff should be questioned here.

Eventually Mr Raza covers up for the hotel fairly, though not completely however i should consider myself lucky for not booking 2 nights and instead just going with a plan to stay 1 night.

I was hoping there would be a complete turnaround in the experience however there was much desired. Most of all it has been a let down on the Fortune brand and personally i lost a lot of valuable time which unfortunately will not come back.

ITC Fortune, i wonder if this is the standard at all your hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Imran W
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, October 15, 2014

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

Pune
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed for a couple of days at the Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa. The hotel is good, but lacking things which I have grown to expect from hotels of similar class (read rates)... Small things like shaving kits, consistency in supplementing of mini bar and towels etc. Otherwise the staff is very friendly and once you have requested things you get it pretty promptly.
In room dining has good options, try the fish Amandine (something similar sounding) from the menu. It was excellent.
Breakfast is good. I dined at the "Earthen Oven" and found the food to be good, the fish kebabs were excellent, but the setting of the restaurant was a bit depressing, maybe a few more lights can do the trick.
Hotel is nicely located with proximity to everything that you can enjoy at Lavasa. There is a lot of open space around for kids to run and play and for us to have a nice little walk along the river with lots of eateries and pubs.
Having said that, Lavasa is not a place where you can spend more than 2 days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

4 Thank AriC28
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Located in the picturesque Sahayadri mountains, and next to beautiful promenade and lovely lake, Fortune Hotel at Lavasa is really excellent in all respects. Courteous and smiling personnel at the reception, in dining room, and at housekeeping, makes stay at Fortune, Lavasa, not only pleasant, but also memorable indeed! Relishing food satisfies tasting buds.Next to the hotel is a mini-theater, showing the latest movie. Promenade near the hotel, the lake besides the hotel, and the pretty restaurants provide a very Joyous background for just walking around, relaxing, and taking photos of the Sahayadri surroundings. Fortune Hotel is truly for the Fortunates few like me and my family.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Madhookar P
Dear Guest,

Look forward to pleasure of serving you once again in near future.

Warm Regards,
Dunedin NZ
Reviewed December 15, 2012

As foreigners living in Pune, we were planning a day trip and Lavasa was suggested. Getting to this "planned city" is a challenge as the turnoff at Pirangut had no sign giving us directions. Our driver soon found the correct direction and an hour late we wound our way down to the dam and Lavasa . .
We soon found the Fortune Hotel which had been recommended and we were not disappointed by the ambience and service. The buffet itself was the best we have found around Pune district with a wide variety of food to suit all tastes, but for us the most important part was that we were able to get non spicy food,delicate little deserts and all at a very reasonable price of about 1700 rupees or $34.00 USD for two of us.
A pleasant experience and worth the trip from Pune as long as you don't mind the steep and winding road over the last 20 minutes of the journey.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, December 16, 2012

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavasa
The Waterfront Shaw, Lavasa
#1 of 1 in Aamby Valley City
Ekaant the retreat
Ekaant the retreat
#1 of 8 in Lavasa

Been to Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa? Share your experiences!