Stayed there for 2nights for a church retreat with a group of about 50 people. Overall the environment is quite pretty and the facilities adequate. It is your sort of "back to nature" retreat and is about a 30-40min walk away from the Kota Tinggi Waterfall. We used the conference hall or the Ortak Room a lot and had to get used to a weird smell that we suspect may be due to some animals that reside on the roof.
The rooms are basic but most had air conditioning and hot water which is good. The mattresses however is very hard and not conducive for a good night sleep. When we first got into the room, we also found lizard droppings on the blanket and floor which really reminded us of where we were. Dont expect any luxury but overall the standard is still acceptable for such a rustic setting. The firefly cruise is also recommended and you can book that with the hotel reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the tropical reserved rainforest, Kota Rainforest Resort is an ideal place for family gathering, corporate retreat, team building program, function events, camping trip, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Kota Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kota Rainforest Hotel Kota Tinggi
- Kota Rainforest Resort Kota Tinggi, Malaysia - Johor