Kota Tinggi Waterfalls Resort
$18
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
$71
Zen Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$25
$23
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a child I would go with my family to visit the waterfalls with all the other local people - as then it was a natural thing of beauty and belonged to the people - not to a resort.

I visited last week with my Fiance and was horrified to find that they started to charge: RM10 for foreigners and RM7.50 for locals.

The resort is tired. They have installed some dodgy looking waterslides - one of which you have to pay an extra RM5 for a tube to use on it. Ruined the natural setting. Unsurprisingly no one was using it.

The toilets didn't work - there was no water.

When we looked at the waterfalls there was lots of litter and the railings had not been maintained - paint coming off and wooden rails broken.

If it's going to be marketed as a resort, it needs to be kept up to standard! Especially if they are going to charge - I would have at least expected it to be litter free!

I will be relying on my old memories of Kota Tingi :(

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank LadyLisaP
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This time my hubby and I did not stay at the chalet, we just went there for soaking in the water. The spot we chose is quite good, is like free jacuzzi. Letting the water hitting onto your back and soaking in the cool cool water makes you forget about the pressure from works and daily life. Enjoyed very much.

The place looks cleaner and more organised now, can see the new management did some work. But still room for improvement. The toilet needs a big revamp, and they should restrict people from smoking in the compund as it is really irriating when you were there breathing for fresh air and suddenly you smelt cigarette smell. It was very annoying!!!

Entrance fee also considered quite costly, rm$5 for a car but rm$10 per pax for foreigners and a bit cheaper only for locals, if I am not wrong is rm$7.50per pax for locals.

Overall, this is a place for you to shut yourself off temporarily from daily pressure adn enjoy freely in the cool water!

Room Tip: Must have own transport to get there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Clanceroy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We book the room through groupon and get with room with no television. The room is comfortable and recommended to go in group to have BBQ and relaxing. Spend time in the waterfall and chit-chatting. Kids enjoy very much in the waterpark and swimming pool. Breakfast just average but acceptable. Don't expect 3 star facilities. Would come again but staying in a room with television to avoid boredom.

Room Tip: Better check if the room have television.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Fortunately, everything went without a hitch during check-in and check-out. Another thing we enjoyed was the cool weather in December. Our chalets were good in that the air-cons worked well and water pressure was ok. Since we were out most of the time, we didn't switch on the flat screen TV. This place is fine if you want a peaceful place to relax and not worry about work (wifi available at the reception doesn't work too well; had to keep asking the receptionist to refresh the settings).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NinaAsia
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We booked via Asia Rooms. Pictures on the site looked alright and our aim was to take the kids to view this well known Kota Tinggi Waterfall. So, we drove from Singapore and arrived in about 1.5 hour's time.

First off, when I got to the Reception and showed the print-out of the reservation form, the lady who was on duty, did not know what to make of it. She called another colleague and they whispered and looked at the computer and at each other and then, I found out - they did not know that we were coming!! I told them that I got a reminder as well so its surprising that they are not aware also pointing to the reservation print-out - which confirms the booking. The Manager was also called and he too was surprised and then, it all came out - the Family Room was not available! They also admitted that they have had PC problems and thats why they were unaware of our booking! Amazing!

Then, another hitch - they claimed that the price was not right, that it was misquoted!
All in all, check-in took a good whole hour and our kids ( age 4 and 6 ) were getting tired and antsy with all that waiting. In the end, they offered us 2 adjoining rooms.

More horrors to come...
The TV did not work in both rooms and the TV man came and went - nothing fixed.
The toilets in both rooms were basic, small and undermaintained just like the rest of the property. The pool was worse, there were people in it that were fully clothed! Awful!
Breakfast was edible but unforgetable and nothing to shout about.

Lastly, the waterfall was ok...as waterfalls go.
We will NOT go back.