“the worst”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kota Tinggi
kuantan
“the worst”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We got to know about this hotel is through the net.From their net advertisement we can see that its no more less like a heaven on earth.But the nightmare starts when we arrived there.we have to wait for almost 10 minutes for the front office staff to realize that there is somebody standing in front of the reception desk( they were busy chatting ).
After 5 hours drive from Kuantan , I ,my wife & my 9 month daughter really need a good rest but yet there is still a shock on their way.We were given room look like non other than a barn! The room was smelly , not well maintained & it looks like it haven't been touch in a decade.
My wife then went to the reception and ask for a room change...yes they give us another room or I can say it here another 'barn'..again we went to the reception & ask for another room change & this time ( with sour face )they said all rooms are fully booked. We then asked them to return our money so that we can leave the hell & lucky after quarreling for almost 20 minutes we manage to get back our money & leave the place.
I wont recommend this place of hell to others...please look for other hotel instead

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank rezallion

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed there for one night. They needed to replace their bed mattresses as they were not comfortable to sleep on. Toilet bowl chocked in the morning (had to use the toilets at d pool outside). There was still water inside d kettle when we juz checked in. Resort was not properly lit especially at night (did not give a sense of security for hotel guests) as well as no there were no sight of securities around. Hot water was not available around 1100 hrs - and it came out very little(I was very lucky I took shower before that, but not my husband n d kids). During breakfast, staff picked up dirty plates without wiping d tables n just picked up d food remains with their hands, no sense of hygiene. Pool water did not look clean. Playground was not well maintained n cleaned (there's lots of cats droppings around d facility). Would not come back and recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Kendiamummy
Malaysia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here during Ramadan (Muslim's fasting month) because of its cheap promotion rate, MYR 80 (50% off) for Standard Room (without breakfast). However, the room we got was dusty, with cockroach's droppings on the washroom floor. Given the cheap promotion price during weekend, I don't expect much. It will be great if they had done their housekeeping for us. The receptionist is very kind though. I blogged about the location map to get there and some tips: http://walkwalk.github.com/blog/2012/08/14/tanjung-balau-beach/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank teohm
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have been recently there but never ever thought that i am at hell. Believe me thats just a place for one community ( I will not tell you name ). In the evening when I went to a single restaraunt in that resort, they said We can't give you any food now, you have to wait till 9 oclock because staff busy in preparing food for some special guest( same community people). Later when we went there then they said we don't have food now left. All staff was staring us like we are in ZOO. In morning my god you will not believe when we been there for our free breakfast before time, everrything was finished there. Manager told us we will try to cook something for you. without even asking he bring something which was looking so weired , We said can we get atleast bread. the guys there in restaraunt was talking in there language & misbehaved with us. One guy was trying to KILL US. He came with knife & tried to hit us. Anyhow with the help of one person we reached at reception area. We have said everything to manager at reception. But he was gain helpless infront of those bad guys who again tried to kill us.

ANY HOW I MANAGED TO LEAVE THAT PLACE IMMEDIATELY.
DON'T GOOOOOOOOO. THATS A HELL DIRTY PLACE.

Room Tip: This place is simply Hell.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank 249SHWETA249

Travelers are raving about these Kota Tinggi hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Staffs service are so-so but product knowledge bad, they seems to have difficulties in understanding,they juz smile n grin helplessly at you for things they cant understand (cant understand English) .Have an on site restaurant but the items on the menu are unavailable (only if u are "lucky" u might get nasi goreng or mee goreng) Stayed there for 2 nights (free breakfast)

Breakfast
1st breakfast: nothing but mee goreng tea/coffee and a plate of papaya
2nd breakfast : local breakfast wif "buffet" style tat is limited serving.
basically, u cant choose what u want to eat... u need to eat what they "feel" like cooking.

Bedroom
Wardrobe weird smell (like not use for long time)
TV anntena bad reception
Pest like mosquito & big ants in room
No bathroom towel (must request from reception)
Pillow stained
noisy air-con, toilet always got water being flushed down sound (quite disturbing at times)
no telephone in room
no remote control for air-con & TV

Environment
Swimming pool is deserted & algae growing at the bottom of the pool. Seen staff scrubbing the algae off the the swimming pool w/o changing the swimming pool water (so dirty) not advisable to swim in..

Environment full of Pests. Big houseflies/bugs flying all over you even in the restaurant w/o air-con

No vending machines for selling drink as their restaurant dun sell any..

Do not have being welcomed feeling

Beach
Not advisable for swimming.. (very dirty) & many rocks

BASICALLY THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR FUN TRAVELLERS....

No activities, very very quiet, boring. worse of all they do not provide any transport to attraction places.

Locations is very far from all other resorts n attraction places.

Advise if going there for adventure/fun holidays..book resorts like Lotus Desaru where they have activites like water sports which u can enjoy.

Photos of mentioned resort is deceiving

Room Tip: Nothing good to share
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Goldie124
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Staffs service are excellent but the management not. Stayed there for 2 nights, both breakfast we just had 3 kind of food which very oily-not healthy, asked boiled egg for a change instead of the fried egg given, they said - " will be charged", place for the bbq "charged", bbq equipment "charged", extra pillow "charged"...

Malaysian..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Hrene070
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed November 13, 2010

- Paid RM380/night for the poor service as below:
1) The room is dirty with dust. The bedsheets was not changed with a lot of hairs. I've to call the room service to change for me.
The bathroom floor is also quite dirty
2) I've to install the sleeping lamp by myself. And there is no on/off button. I've to switch on or off at the main power plug
3) The bed is shaking
4) There is no remote control for the aircond inside the room. It was set to highest fan speed and lowest temp and cannot be adjusted eventhough after made complaint to the hotel mgmt. The reason given was " missing and no replacement for this type of old type aircond.
The aircond produced rattling sound.
Felt like sleeping in freezer.
5) There is limited choice at cafe and the food price is damn expensive like 5 stars hotel with old and dirty table w/o aircond.
6) I've doubt on the security level as i didn't see the guard at main entrance and anywhere!
I've requested to change the room but no other room was available. So, I'd no choice, decided to continue to stay here for 1 night after long journey to this resort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
#7 of 10 in Kota Tinggi
Lakeview Terrace Resort
Lakeview Terrace Resort
#1 of 1 in Pengerang

Been to Pelangi Balau Resort? Share your experiences!