“Loved this place!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Mandan, North Dakota
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Clean hotel, super friendly staff, gorgeous room. We loved the huge shower and Bath and Body Works toiletries. Our king sized room had a desk, couch, fridge, coffee maker, etc. There was wireless internet and also an internet cable to plug in which is nice, wireless isn't always the most reliable. There was ample parking which was sooo nice after being in New Orleans!

Location was excellent, just a boardwalk over the dunes and you were right on the beach. The pool area was well maintained. We spent one late afternoon travelling the lazy river a few times and then enjoying (strong!) drinks and a good book in the lounge chairs. The hammocks are a little stretched out though... they might need to be replaced!

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, plus one in the lobby area.

The only thing that keeps this from being our "best hotel ever!" is lack of a breakfast. I know there is a restaurant and I think most Holiday Inns operate this way, but I miss a continental breakfast.

Also our GPS had trouble finding this address, we had to put in Gulf Breeze, FL instead.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMC8380
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. Those hammocks have already been replaced for you and all future guest. Please like us on Facebook so we can keep you up to date on all things Holiday Inn Resort and Pensacola Beach. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ron Wilson, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've stayed at more Holiday Inn hotels than I can count and this one definitely takes the cake for the best ever. Everything from the kind staff members to the decor, to well, of course, the beautiful beach.

When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was the excellent decor of the lobby and the fact that everything looked brand new (because it is). The staff members were very helpful and courteous. When I got to my room, I was amazed at the view of the beach, pool, lazy river and large tiki bar below. My room was decorated with fairly modern furniture and had a king bed, a couch, coffee table, microwave and refrigerator (no freezer) and of course, a flat screen HD TV with Direct TV. One thing that I really liked was the extra space in the room. I had no problem fitting my luggage and also two surfboards (including a long board) in there. The balcony was very nice as well.

The bathroom was excellent. A large, granite counter top easily housed all of my toiletry supplies. I know I'm a guy, but I think that even women would have ample space on that counter. Ha ha... The shower was definitely the highlight for me. It was VERY large and had an additional shower head for rinsing. There was no bathtub, so if you were wanting to bathe, you may want to request a different room type or go hit the hot tub downstairs. Also, the bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels and wash cloths, much more than most hotels.

I really enjoyed the hotel restaurant also. The food was reasonably priced and pretty good. My coworker and I hung out at the bar almost every night we were there and watched sports on one of the two TVs and enjoyed conversations with fellow patrons and the bar tenders. I had the chicken cuban sandwich and it was very good. The tiki bar was closed during our stay, but I would have probably been out there, had it been open.

The fitness center was one of the best I've had at any hotel. It featured four treadmills, a seated bike and two elliptical trainers, all facing the ocean. There were also a few Nautilus type machines and a rack of dumbbells up to 50 lbs with an adjustable bench. I got in a great workout and enjoyed watching each of the flat screen TVs. You could easily do multiple exercises per muscle group in this fitness center.

This hotel is located just over the bridge on Pensacola Beach. There are several other restaurants and shopping nearby. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others. I was there on business and did not want to leave. I hope to stay there again next time I'm working in the area and would love to bring my wife down there for a vacation.

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: There are no balconies on the sound side of the hotel. If you want a balcony, you need to get an oc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trent M
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. You took time and thoroughly wrote about our resort and team members. I appreciate that very much because it gives other guests an inside look at us from someone who has experienced the resort inside and out. Please like us on Facebook so we can keep you up to date on all things Holiday Inn Resort and Pensacola Beach.

Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed in a lot of hotels in Florida, this is by far the BEST. Service is great, room is beautiful, faciliy is very clean. Staff is always friendly and ready to help you. The grounds are the most beautiful I have ever seen. The location is perfect water on both sides, with the road in the middle. Lots of resturants and shopping.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor which had a beautiful view of the gulf with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. I’m blessed to have the best staff in the business which is why you enjoyed your stay and our resort so much. Best hotel tag is something we work hard for everyday so thank you again for that. Please like us on Facebook so you can keep up with all things Holiday Inn Resort and Pensacola Beach!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I must say I had a great experience. ....The front desk staff was great....then I had the pleasure of meeting Mika and the staff of Riptides they went above and beyond to make sure all 60 of us were well taking care of... weather it was grits, towels, or just a smile the staff of Holiday Inn resort Pensacola provided it. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank angielittlerock
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. It is always exciting to know that your team provided the service you were expecting and then some. Please return again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Able to provide excellent service for 31 children and 26 adults. Very accommodating. Staff was wonderful especially Nilla at the front desk and Meka the Executive Chef in the restaurant who at the last moment was able to help us provide lunch by the pool in order for the kids to continue swimming and enjoying the beach. Great hotel for families!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review and mentioning Nilla and Meka. They are two of the brightest on the team that provides outstanding service to all of our guests. I’m thrill they cooked up all those hot dogs for you and your kids were happy. Come back soon.

indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great 4 day stay in a kids suite with bunk beds. Hotel very clean, lovely. Staff friendly. Grounds beautiful. Ocean and beach very nice. Pool is beautiful but even the kids were freezing in it. The ocean was warmer. They did enjoy the indoor pool. Dine at Flounders for a family friendly beach spot. It's walking distance and there is a playground on the beach at the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelinghoosier
Thank you for your nice review. We are disappointed you were not happy about out outdoor pool. We do have a heated indoor pool and also two very nice hot tubs outdoors.
Please come again soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had a great time at the resort. My stay was awesome- from my room and the perfect balcony view I had of the bay to the super friendly and helpful staff- I loved it. I also overheard other guests in the elevator and around the resort saying what a great time they were having and how impressed they were with every aspect of their stay. It was nice to know that everyone was having the same great experience as me. This was a business trip, so I didn't have too much time for the pool or the beach, but I will definitely be going back soon!

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have really nice views, but you can't beat the view of the beach!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Melissa4678
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you! You absolutely need to return for some well-deserved R&R. I would like to invite you to like us on Facebook so we can keep you posted one all things Holiday Day Inn Resort and also Pensacola happenings.