Clean hotel, super friendly staff, gorgeous room. We loved the huge shower and Bath and Body Works toiletries. Our king sized room had a desk, couch, fridge, coffee maker, etc. There was wireless internet and also an internet cable to plug in which is nice, wireless isn't always the most reliable. There was ample parking which was sooo nice after being in New Orleans!
Location was excellent, just a boardwalk over the dunes and you were right on the beach. The pool area was well maintained. We spent one late afternoon travelling the lazy river a few times and then enjoying (strong!) drinks and a good book in the lounge chairs. The hammocks are a little stretched out though... they might need to be replaced!
There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, plus one in the lobby area.
The only thing that keeps this from being our "best hotel ever!" is lack of a breakfast. I know there is a restaurant and I think most Holiday Inns operate this way, but I miss a continental breakfast.
Also our GPS had trouble finding this address, we had to put in Gulf Breeze, FL instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola