“Friendly and exceptionally clean”

Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had awesome, helpful, friendly staff in all areas. Very pleased with exceptionally clean rooms, common areas, grounds, pools. Food was good, Tiki Bar was wonderful reprieve from the hot sun. Great bartenders, although they we're too busy to be alone. Needed 2 bartenders most of the time. They worked very hard, and did their best to keep up with the constant flow of customers. This is not a reflection of their work ethic, but the company's choice to only have 1 bartender. Mixed drinks were a bit pricey, but very tasty.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are great to watch evening movies by the pool as well as enjoy the view of the pool ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. Our mission is to make memorable moments for our guests and I’m excited we did that for you and your family. I’ll fix the bartender problem I promise! We look forward to your return trip very soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I left my favorite cup at the check in desk and my girl came up to the seventh floor to give it to me. Wish I had her name! Whole hotel was beautiful with surf board theme and bright colors. Room was very cleqn and cute. Bed wqs super cmfy and pillow were extra fluffy. View was great overlooking the pool and gulf. We didn't hear any loud music or noise from the pool other than the waterfalls. Pool was really cool at night with different color lights in the lazy river. Hot tub and pool were perfect temperatures.

1  Thank Crystal A

Thank you Crystal for your wonderful review. We can’t wait for you to return to the resort for some more R&R. You have reviewed many hotels and places so I feel really good knowing you loved us. Sharing this review means so much to my team because they love what they do and a review like yours lifts them up!
We look forward to your next stay with us on beautiful Pensacola Beach. Call us in advance so we can assist you in planning all your activities. See you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a FAMILY hotel. This is not a hotel for couples who want a quiet vacation. There are kids and families everywhere, especially in the pool, so if that doesn't sound fun to you, try the Holiday Inn Express down the street. I've seen other reviewers give a lower rating based on this and I think that is wrong. Ratings should be on the accommodations directly, not the fellow vacationers that are present. /end rant

We stayed here for 5 nights and overall our experience was pretty awesome. The staff and management were very friendly and very accommodating to our wants/needs. We decided we wanted to move to an upgraded "kid's room" and they made it happen and gave us a price comparable in ratio to the rate we reserved at, which was pretty low because we reserved well in advance. We really appreciated that they didn't try to sell us the daily rate, which was way higher. We probably wouldn't have upgraded if they had. Everyone at the front desk that we spoke to, along with the cleaning and pool staff, were so very helpful and kind. We had to leave a night early because of a storm coming in, and they did not charge us for the night. We really appreciated that as well.

The beds were just ok, just average. I've definitely had better hotel beds. I've had worse too. There are no feather pillows so if that's your thing, bring your own. Also, Queen is as big as the beds get. We are used to a King so I guess we are spoiled in that regard. The kids loved their bunk beds in their own "room." There were too many wonderful things about this hotel, however, to make me give this hotel less than 5 stars because of an average bed.

The beach is clean and beautiful. The sand is very soft and off-white. There are a TON of shells to collect. You can have a great time getting a mask and snorkel and looking at fish while searching for shells. We did this pretty much every day we were there. It's addicting! If you have a family, get more than one set or you'll have to share and you won't want to. Spend the money on a nice set, not a cheapo one. The ocean is too powerful for a cheap mask and you'll have water coming in your mask all the time or your straps will break and then you'll have to leave to get another set, and you won't want to leave. Go to the gift shop across the street and you can buy a little clear plastic "sand bottle" with a cork for $2.99. We found all kinds of whole but tiny shells to put in that bottle along with the sand. It makes for a meaningful and inexpensive souvenir that is small to pack up and won't break in your luggage.

The pool had a lazy river, which is pretty awesome. It is beautifully lit at night. They say the pool "closes" at 10pm but that just means the staff goes away. We were up until 2am some nights on our balcony and there were still adults swimming and hanging out. I don't think the hotel condones this but they do a wonderful job of looking the other way as long as you are respectful and quiet for the families that are sleeping. You have to go through the pool area to get to the beach so they can't really lock the doors anyway.

Take your flashlights to the beach at night. There are lots of little tiny crabs to find, and a few big ones in holes if you can get them to come out. If you do catch some, please let them go back to the beach and their natural environment. They are happiest there.

On our last night we heard there were dolphins every morning around 9:00am. We didn't get a chance to check that out but maybe that'll be our excuse to go back to this hotel.

Overall, we had a pretty wonderful vacation at this hotel. If you are a family with kids wanting to have a good stay in a hotel that's on the beach, look no further.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JustinGGoodwin

Justin,

Thank you for your thorough review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. I really appreciate your comments.

I have a great group of team members that understand hospitality and how to deliver it. Our resort is also very beautiful so combined I think it is really hard to not have a great time. Your review is what we work for! Please come back soon and continue to spread the word. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the first time, over Labor Day weekend! The location was perfect. As soon as we walked into the lobby, the lady behind the counter, Nilla, I believe was her name had the biggest smile greeting people! As it turns out she was the one that checked us in. She was such a delight that I purposely looked to see her name! Not often, do you check in at a hotel and the lady checking you in, acknowledges and talks to everyone in your party, especially my kids! Yes, she did that!
The room was very nice, clean, comfortable! The kids loved the pool, the access to the beach, and movie time on the last night with popcorn and their pillows!
The only negative would be the short staffed restraunt, where kids are supposed to eat free. It took forever for them to get there food not to mention, my husband was charged for my 6 year old. However, if my husband would have mentioned it I'm sure it would have been taken care of. But he is a guy and you know how that goes. It was probably due to being short on help that day. Things happen and not always can they be helped!
Now would this stop me from staying there again? Absolutely not! Did this ruin our family getaway? Absolutely not! The positives definitely out weighed the negative! In fact, my family and several families that traveled with us had so much fun we are talking about making this an annual tradition! I look forward to going back!

• Stayed: September 2013
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. Your very nice review about your experience over Labor Day weekend is appreciated. The holidays are always exciting because everyone is looking for fun and relaxation and we love providing both. Please come back very soon and bring your entire gang with you!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort over Labor Day weekend. It is a family hotel with way too many children running around and screaming. Our room was really very average for just under $500 per night. I can't say there was really anything wrong with it, it's just too much money. The fire alarm went off at 1:30 in the morning and we all had to file out into the night, it also went off the next day in the afternoon. I think they really need to address this. The hotel is right on the beach and our view from the 9th floor is spectacular, but walking down the stairs in the middle of the night -- not so much. I wouldn't put even a toe in the pool as it was loaded with kiddos if you catch my drift. The beach is past the pool and they have umbrella attendants that did an excellent job. We got a sandwich and drink at the outdoor, thatched roof grill which was pretty good, (expensive too). The coffee shop didn't open on time when we were checking out, and when they showed up there was a bit of attitude from the employee, I just wanted/needed coffee for our trip to the airport. If I went to Pensacola again I would find another hotel on the beach.

Room Tip: try to stay in the higher floors for the view and face the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flyingfingers1

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. I’m disappointed you were not completely satisfied with your stay. The coffee shop hours have been corrected already. I apologize for not being open when you wanted us. I’m glad you liked your room and the resort overall. Please like us on our Facebook page because we are always loading great specials for our guests. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

What a great spot. Upon arrival, Michelle was friendly and helpful. She kept our vacation spirits up and explained everything the hotel has to offer.

Ellis at the outdoor bar was friendly and made great drinks under the big thatch palapa.

Nice tropical feel that just feels like vacation.

Happy with our choice and choice of Pensacola Beach!

• Stayed: September 2013
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, our resort, and the beautiful beach. Please return again real soon and tell everyone about us!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a gulf beach-front room on 11th floor, the view was awesome. The hotel is very modern, very chic for not being in South Beach. The pool was really nice, loved the lazy river. The room a/c worked very well, a must for FL humidity. The balcony was really nice in the morning before it got too hot. Michelle at the front desk was super nice, as was Jim (?) the manager of Riptide's (restaurant) and Jo Jo, my waitress.

Now for a few tweaks that are needed (IMHO). The bed was pretty hard, which was surprising cause the mattress is obviously fairly new. I would also like to see the 11th and maybe 10th floors be "adult only." Yes I have kids but when I'm on vacation I don't want to listen to yours screaming non-stop for nearly an hour...just saying. Also, they need to get help on weekends, especially holiday weekends for the outdoor tiki bar. The little teenager they had out there was totally overwhelmed and couldn't remember her name much less to bring you utensils or napkins. And one major improvement would be to have a wandering waitress around the pool. Seriously guys you are missing out on major revenue here.

Summary: Few shortcomings, but very minor. Great place to stay, would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get gulf-front if possible, there isn't a bad one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, our resort, and the beautiful beach. I’ve noted you comments about the Tiki Bar and pool service and will share with my team for improvement. We appreciate you highlighting that so we can make it better. Please return again real soon and tell everyone about us!