We spent the first part of our week in Fort Walton and the last part of our week at the Holiday Inn Resort in Pensacola. What a breath of fresh air this hotel was. Beautifully decorated, bright, fresh, taken care of, friendly staff. As soon as we arrived, we were quickly regretting not spending our entire week there. Our kids (10 and 7) loved the pool area and while it can get crowded at times, we found it best to eat an early dinner and almost had the pool to ourselves while others ate at normal dinner times. We didn't spend much time on the beach due to such a steep hill down to the water...not very kid friendly...but that's mother nature for you and nothing that can be predicted or fixed for that matter :) Thankfully, the resort had plenty for the kids to do!! The only thing keeping me from giving this resort 5 stars is the restaurant. Food was overpriced and cold. Not all the food arrived at the same time and the waitress was extremely slow and couldn't be found. Several wait staff were casually walking back and forth through the dining area, texting on their cell phones...ignoring any attempt at us trying to get their attention for a refill or a to-go box. The remainder of our stay, we spent dining at other locations which was a bummer considering the restaurant in the hotel was a big selling point for us. The TV in the booth was neat though, the kids loved that! Overall, it was a really neat experience and we couldn't have asked for a nicer room! Even the rooms with no gulf view have a pretty view of the bay. We will definitely return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola