“Great Experience !”

Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We are 2 adults...71 and 73, and rate everything EXCELLENT for this resort. Tracy at the front desk was most accommodating, and we found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The resort was spotless, the restaurant good, the beach beautiful, and the location was very convenient. It is an ideal spot for children also. If we had to make any suggestion, it would be to have the outdoor pool heated somewhat during early spring, when we preferred to be outside swimming, but the water temperature was WAY TOO COLD !!

Room Tip: Loved the 10th floor.... Balcony with gulf / beach and pool view. The higher the better. Rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
InnisfreeMedia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments about our resort, Tracy, and the entire staff. Tracy is a wonderful employee who understands hospitality and always takes great care of our guests. We agree with you that the views from the hotel balconies are so beautiful and so relaxing. Riptides restaurant and bar is a great place eat, drink and relax as well making our resort one of the very best.

Thanks again for sharing. Please visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. VERY CLEAN!! As a Holiday in Rewards member I was able to upgrade my room to a ocean-view with balcony FOR FREE!! The front desk service was indescribably helpful if you needed something you were going to get it. . . . if it was within there power. I enjoyed Riptides Restaurant which is in the hotel. They had great service but I will say that there is nothing really special about the food but it was good, affordable, and convenient. You are steps away from the beach walk out the back of the resort just past the lazy river, BEACH. The water area has poolside drinks and towels available. If you forget or need swim gear they have a beach store right across the street next the the big Ferris Wheel you can walk to this location. Kids will have a blast being that they plan activities for them at the resort during the day. When it got to crowded my husband and I swam in the indoor pool which we enjoyed. If I were to find something wrong I would say I loved the gym location and set up but some of the equipment was unplugged and was just sitting there. I wish I was able to use it, I am one of the rare people that works out on vacation. I swam a few laps instead. OH, JUST KNOW THERE IS A CASH ONLY TOLL TO GET TO THIS LOCATION ($1.00)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sunny843
InnisfreeMedia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your nice review of the Holiday Inn Resort on beautiful Pensacola Beach. The resort is full of activities for children and adults including our lazy river pool. The Pirates and Mermaid shows are very popular along with the dive in movies in the evening at pool side. Thank you also for pointing out “Very Clean”. Having fun and enjoying a very clean property are a must so we are happy you had it all. My apologies to you for the fitness center. That has been solved and will never be a problem again.

We look forward to seeing you and your family soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The hotel lobby is fun and the colors are vibrant. They have an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and beautiful beachfront property, which, by the way, has the best beach around! The staff, from those clearing rooms to the guys handing out towels at the pool were polite and helpful and friendly. Our room - 2 Queen beds - was spotless and had a great view. The front desk was incredibly helpful. But I have to admit that I loved the beach area the best. And the elevators are quick too. Which is great when you are standing wearing a bathing suit waiting for one! Oh, also, the parking lot is watched, or seems to be watched by security. We liked that. We had some valuables that we left in the car and didnt worry about them. If I had to add anything to this review, I would have to say that the temps were a little on the cool side, so I wished that I had brought my own beachtowel, as the hotel's were a little small, and I wanted something thick and warmer to wrap around me. But when we come back to Pensacola again, we will definitly stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms which face the bay have balconies, and rooms which face the street, ferris wheel, and ocean ha...
1  Thank 333kimm
InnisfreeMedia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review about our resort. We are extremely proud of it and happy that you enjoyed you stay with us. There are many things that make a great resort and from your review you experienced many of those. Fast elevators are not found in all hotels or resorts but having them gives you more time to spend on those important things like the pool deck, in your room, or on the beach.

I think the best part of our resort is the fine staff members we have that really understand hospitality. They do a wonderful job taking care of our guests so you can have the time of your life creating memories for a lifetime. We hope you will always choose us as your home away from home and that all your friends and family will as well.

See you again soon,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was living here my first night with my girlfriend. Me coming from Sweden via New York visiting my girlfriend living in Pensacola. The hotel is very good. We had a nice view to the Paris wheel down at the parking lot. The room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. Good service and a marvelous breakfast buffet. Near to the beach with its really white sand. We stayed here one night on our way to the jazz festival in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
InnisfreeMedia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach. Making memorable memories for all of our guests is our mission. Thank you for traveling all the way from Sweden to visit your girlfriend in Pensacola. I'm sure she was pleased seeing you.

Please spread the word for us in Sweden about your stay. We would love the opportunity to host all of your friends and family and their friends and family at the most beautiful beach on the planet.

Have a wonderful summer and visit us again soon,
Ron Wilson, GM

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wonderful helpful service when we had to cancel a weekend trip. Haley at the Front Desk was the BEST!! We will plan another stay when we are in the area. Our grown children with their family do stay often at the Holiday Resort and are planning their next trip already.

THANK YOU HALEY!!

Room Tip: So sorry we had to cancel -- but Haley made the cancelation a positive experience!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
InnisfreeMedia, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear vvvvvvvTexas,

Sorry you couldn't make the trip...good that Hali accomodated your request.

The window for cancellations is usually 72 hours...sometimes guests wait too late and then have to pay one night's room and tax or reschedule.

So glad everything worked out for you!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel several times since it has opened and it just keeps getting better and better. Great location, beautiful beach, good value but the thing that keeps us coming back is the employees, especially Hailey at the Front Desk. Hailey helped us with a reservation situation recently and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy guests!! Even more amazing considering the amount of guests that go through the hotel, she remembered a conversation we had with her as we were checking in LAST YEAR!!!! All of our interactions with the staff have been positive over the years but Hailey truly stands out as 1 of the best. Great job!!!! We will be back (next month actually) and totally recommend this as the best place to stay in Pensacola Beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank janchas

Dear janchas,

Yeah for Service!!! Yeah for Hali!!! Yeah for the WOW factor!!!

We love it when our hotel gets praise...always when it involves our staff...and even more so when we can celebrate the work of an individual that makes a difference.

We have many employees and departments that play a role in delivering the WOW factor, thank you for your positive comments and recommendation.

See you soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I planned a quick getaway weekend and randomly picked Jan. 25-27. Little did I know that the minute we landed in Pensacola I would receive a call that my father passed away.
From the minute we walked into the Hotel we were greeted warmly. I could hardly speak from the sad news but they patiently waited for me to get through my tearful check-in. Not sure to stay or go, we stayed and spent the weekend remembering my father with lots of laughs and tears.
I wish I could remember the managers name as her kindness really touched us
The hotel was gorgeous. We walked everywhere and enjoyed all the food and entertainment in the area. We highly recommend this hotel and the Pensacola area!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
InnisfreeMedia, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear dinko,

We are soooo glad you decided to stay!

It is a comfort to know that you were greeted with kindness and empathy. I'm sure the weekend was very necessary...laughter and tears...sounds like a good combination.

Thank you for your sentiments!