We headed to Pensacola for 2 reasons, my husband had business there and the kids ages 3 and 4 wanted to hang out at a beach resort. Well, the weather didn't cooperate as much as I would have liked, it was cold and windy, not a great combo with sand and water. But in addition to the totally awesome pool outside, there is an indoor pool so my kids had plenty of swim time. The pool areas were all very clean and the hotel gives guests wristbands so you know that nobody just wandered in to use the resort.
The room was perfect, the views spectacular no matter which side of the hotel you are on you can see water, we also had a direct view of the ferris wheel.
The beach, also very clean and although we only spent about 2 hours building sand castles and me standing on the shore telling the kids not to go too deep because I'm not crazy enough to dive into the Gulf in that weather, but they both decided the cold wasn't cold enough to keep them out of the water. I also had the foresight to turn up the heat in our room so when we got back it would thaw them out quickly...afterall that it was time to eat but seeing as how they are little and swam and ran and played from 7am - 2pm they weren't in the mood to head downstairs so wee ordered roomservice. They were quick about bringing the food, I had the fish tacos (they weren't awesome) and the kids each had a chicken fingers dinner and I ordered a shake with an extra cup for them to split, they didn't bring the extra cup so I used one in the room.
Overall, it was a great experience and I would stay there again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola