“This is not your parents Holiday Inn !”

Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great place,great location,great service,good food and drinks. Check it out!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jasmine H, AGM at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you for your review, we have been a little busy over the last 5 years. I am so sorry it took us this long to acknowledge you. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We took our two small children to this resort in June. While it has some nice perks (friendly staff, lazy river at the pool, easy access to the beach, kids eat free at the hotel), it really needs to work out some kinks and add some minor conveniences to put more focus on the guest. We arrived early and were able to check in a little early--but until allowed to check in there was no place to store our bags. The front desk said there simply was "no room" for guest bags. No concierge. There aren't enough pool chairs and the staff doesn't monitor if the people using the pool are guests or non-guests (guests are required to wear a bracelet for this specific reason). There's no bathtub in the king rooms - so beware of this if you are bringing small children. If you are staying more than a few days - beware that there are only two washers and dryers in the entire hotel -- and both were out of service while we were there. Some small changes would really help: offer coffee downstairs for guests in the morning, fix the phones so that the "front desk" button actually dials the front desk, have the staff understand when something is broken so that if asked, they know about it. Little things would really help.

Room Tip: if you need a bathtub, don't get a king room.
2  Thank GirlLuckey

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Ive stayed at the Hilton, right next door...and I can say, this one outshines that one by far... this is still a very new hotel... of course... we will see how the reviews go in a few years... but for now...its WONDERFUL!!! I love the pool... I loved the beds (my son says the beds were his favorite part of the trip? haha)...I loved the food downstairs at Riptides (btw, check restaurants.com to get a certificate for Riptides before you go...you will be glad you did!). The hotel is simple... nothing fancy....but the management seemed to be trying their very best...Mary and Mariam were very helpful... one time Mary went up to check on my room for me to let me know if it was clean, so that I could take a tired little one up for a nap...they seemed to go above and beyond. They always had clean towels at the pool, and although the pool was really busy...it never felt too crowded, and there were always floats available. Also they were diligently checking arm bands to make sure you belong...I even saw them kicking someone out that didnt belong!
You can walk to all the restaurants on the boardwalk from this hotel easily too. My only negative is that the cleaning service was so hard to predict... first day it was at 5:00 pm... next day at like 3, and the next day, they actually woke us up at 8:00 am... I wish this could be better....but its a hotel... and you just never know when the room is gonna be cleaned...and there were tons of people checking in/out...so Im sure that kept them busy too. LOVED this place...Also, I am a priority club platinum member, and used rewards points to book this room, and we were upgraded to gulfside without any question...and the place was really really busy...That right there pretty much made our vacation. We also enjoyed the "dive in" movies they had out on the pool area... the kids thought that was really neat...and the popcorn! Thanks guys for such a great stay... oh, and we had people staying on both sides fo us...and the walls arent so thin that you can hear them next door...thats nice. Hope this place works hard to keep it all up... because we plan to be back!

1  Thank vabbey

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort from June 28-July 3 2011. For just an idea of how great our stay was, I just pulled in the driveway and haven't even finished unpacking yet. Let's get started...

Lobby/Property: VERY clean, well manicured lawns and islands, no trash flying around or cigarette butts in the lot. The lobby was beautiful and big with plenty of room to get your stuff in and out.

Staff: Everyone was awesome. When we checked in, we were immediately upgraded to a gulf side room with private balcony (platinum has its perks). When we arrived to the 9th floor, we decided that it was a bit too high up for our comfort with a 4 year old in the room. I went downstairs and asked if it would be possible to move to a different room and the manager immediately stopped everything that she was doing. 5 minutes later, I was handed the keys to a 3rd floor room. The restaurant staff was more than friendly, and even let me borrow a few bowls so that we could eat some oatmeal for breakfast (fridge and microwave in every room). The housekeeping staff was VERY friendly, allowing us to grab an extra towel or shampoo when needed and saying hello and asking about our stay every time they saw us.

Pool/Beach: Two words...LAZY RIVER. The pool was huge, with a bridge, 2 kiddie pools and a hot tub. The lazy river got a little bit crowded from time to time, but that is to be expected. The water was always clean and I never smelled chlorine. Every day we were there, a mermaid was swimming around with the kids and pirates were running around sword fighting all afternoon. At night, they even had movies on a big inflatable screen for the kids. My son LOVED his vacation this week.

Overall: I would recommend this hotel to any family with children traveling. If you are looking for more of an intimate or romantic getaway, you may be a bit disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club if you want to be upgraded.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BrandonThompson

Reviewed July 1, 2011

A couple points of emphasis prior to the review:

1. I grew up going to Pensacola Beach and have strong loyalty to what was previously The Dunes hotel (now a Holiday Inn Express).
2. In our recent travels, I have never felt the urge to write a review! This place gave me the urge.

The Holiday Inn Resort is my new favorite for Pensacola Beach. Just got back (yesterday) and wish we could have stayed longer.

My wife and I have a 4 yr old and a 2yr old and they loved it. The resort was really centered around kids, but adults could have a great time by themselves. Everyday there was some type of visitor (either pirates or mermaids) visiting the hotel pool and interacting with the kids. On 2 nights, they had kids movies playing on the pool deck. The rooms were big enough to accommodate the four of us and it was a bonus to have a microwave and fridge in the room so that we could go to the grocery and have lunch in the room.

Some of the reviews commented on the pool and the public; however, people were constantly walking around making sure guests had bands. The pool was never too crowded and the beach was steps away.

Everyone made sure that we were happy and were willing to help out whenever needed. As soon as I find out my schedule for next year we will be booking our next visit!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with gulf view.
1  Thank IndianaFamily24

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Holiday Inn Resort was an awesome place to stay while we were on vacation in Pensacola Beach. Drove from Texas and had a wonderful time. Hotel has only been open for about 15 weeks and it was the beautiful. Staff is very friendly. A shout out to my girl Marsha who was so kind! I'll be back!!!!

1  Thank 1Easy

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I absolutely love this resort! The location, pool, food and service was great. I will come back again!

• Stayed: July 2010