This is a very nice hotel with a restaurant and nice pool. The rooms are smaller but tolerable. The doors do not shut automatically so make sure you pull them shut. We left for the day and the maid who cleaned our room did not pull it shut so our door was left unlocked for hours. The restaurant food was very good. Try the Quick Silver Sliders. They were awesome!! Service is very slow so be prepared to wait. The hotel is clean and nice. I think the word resort is a bit much.
Now for the negatives. Several times there were no pool towels or beach towels. (THey do provided larger towels for the beach which was nice). If you see towels. Grab them everytime and stock up. The tiki bar outside is open to the public with an entrance straight from the Hilton. The most upsetting part of our stay is what everyone in past reviews have been talking about, non paying customers using the pool. When I checked in I asked if the situation had been resolved about the people coming in and swimming that were not guests of the hotel. I was assured that security was always checking. I never saw security, until the 4th day of our stay and at night forget it. I could tell the pool was overcrowded during our stay. You could kind of guess who was a customer and who was not. Most of the guests are familys with children On our last day they started issuing green bands and a security guy was walking aournd. I saw many people being escorted out. Some guy showed off his band to a friend in the pool and I overheard the guy say he must have paid someone for the band. It really bothered me that I am paying on average $200 a night and people are coming in off the street using the pool for free. Management did not seem to care. They stated that my ammeneties had been met and there were doing what they could by giving out wrist bands. The general manager told me I just wanted a freebie and that if I had read the reviews before I came then why did I come to stay there. I went over his head to a corporate manager and his response was this, "Wow, isn't it crazy that people love our pool so much, who would have thought so many people would want to use our pool". The general manager of the hotel also stated that the locals will rent a room for the night and bring all their friends. Most hotels I have ever stayed at this is prohibited. So essentially you get 20 of your friends together and pay $10 dollars a piece and stay at this hotel. So if you want to stay at a very nice hotel with a great restaurant but swim with people that are walking in off the street then you will love it. I won't go back. Oh, our 4 o'clock check turned into a 6 o'clock check in. We did get an apology for that but not for the non paying swimmers. Very unproffessional upper management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach, Florida, will make you feel happy from the moment you set your flip-flopped foot inside our door. We’re here for you, offering the amenities you need to plan the perfect vacation – or host the best business meeting. From your private balcony or the terrace of our ample 10,000 square foot event space, take in dazzling views of the sparkling waters and shimmering sands of Pensacola Beach – recently named No. 5 of all U.S. beaches by TripAdvisor. Its natural beauty is offset by our bright, modern lobby and stylish, comfortable guest rooms – including colorful Kids’ Suites designed with your family in mind. We’re all about fun here at the Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach hotel, and you’ll feel it from the front desk to the pool deck. Our pool is the best on the beach, with cascading waterfalls and a 250-foot seasonally heated Lazy River. There’s no reason to leave the resort, with Riptides Sports Grill and Beachfront Tiki Bar serving up delicious dining and crafty cocktails seven days a week. If you do decide to get out, we’re within walking distance of the beach’s best restaurants, nightlife and activities including charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and biking. We’re also a quick drive to regional attractions such as the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore, Historic Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Lighthouse, Blue Wahoos Baseball Stadium, Veterans Memorial Park and the Saenger Theatre. No matter what you like to do, we can point you in the right direction. When you start your day with a smile on your face, there’s no telling where it might take you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola