“Great Hotel, Nice Location”

Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
“Great Hotel, Nice Location”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We had a wonderful weekend at this hotel !!
The rooms are really nice and comfortable, the hotel itself is modern and very clean.
The pool is clean and the lazy river provides a wonderful relaxing moments.
The staff at the hotel is very friendly and proffessional.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Jasmine H, AGM at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, October 13, 2016
Thank you for your review, we have been a little busy over the last 5 years. I am so sorry it took us this long to acknowledge you. Please visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Ok, First i'm not big on Holiday Inn's. (I"M A Hilton Honors card holder) BUT WOW!! they sure won me over with this resort. Service above and beyond, It was mr and mrs how can we help you every time i walked in the lobby... the room super clean, smelled clean, comfy beds, just a short walk to the beach like 200yrds. THE LAZY RIVER to die for, wife and mother floated for TWO days.if you get to the pool by 9am you have your pick of spots and unbrell.. I was up early in the mornings and I watch the workers,and they was hard at it to make the grounds and pools impressively clean. they seam to be always checking chems in the water and cleaning..Gulf side room is a must.. (BALCONY) The veiw is gorgeous. WARNING NO SMOKING!! if you smoke in room you will be charged BIG TIME. i talked to a couple that got caught and they was charged $250. no prob for us we don't smoke... NOW! only draw back I ever even slightly had was check in is at 4pm and your lucky if you get room before 3pm. BUT I showed up at 12:30 and service desk welcomed me & directed me to big lobby restrooms to change into my swim wear, and recomended I injoying the amenities.. and the fun begain.. for lunch the hostess recommened the nochos pool side from the resorts RIPTIDE. OMG!! owesome $10. but feeds two. for dinner service desk in the lobby recommended PEG LEG PETE'S best seafood I've ate in years. it beats FLOUNDERS 10 to 1.. I like Flounders too.but I have to be truthfull..WINNER IS?? PEG LEG PETE !!!!!!

New Orleans
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Cleanliness: The hotel is a new build, so everything was nice and clean. The rooms did not smell, the floors were clean, and the bathroom had no mildew. There was something that bothered me a bit was that in the hallways, there is this room next to the ice and vending machine, it ALWAYS have plates with left over food lying around in there. Might not be a big deal to some people, but it bothered me to have it lying around like that. Think of the bugs that would swarm there.

Service: The staff as a whole was nice and friendly, but they did not seem knowledgeable about the area or hotel itself. I called front desk and asked what time the pool closed, and was told 10:30 OR 11. I thought it was weird she didnt know what time it closed but it was 10PM so I figured either way I have time since I just wanted a quick dip in the pool. I changed in my bathing suit, went to the pool, and after 5 minutes of being in the pool, a guy comes and grumpily says "POOL IS CLOSED. IT CLOSES AT 10!", I replied that the front desk told me 10:30 OR 11, and he rolls his eyes and says "well they are wrong. Pool is closed at 10." That was the only employee there that I encountered with such bad manners.

Location: Wonderful. I had a room with beach view and it was beautiful to stand on my balcony and look out at the water. You can access the beach by going through the pool area. It's so much easier and convenient that way!

Value: This hotel is for the average spender. It's not too expensive, but its not cheap. You get what you pay for.

Rooms: Clean carpet, clean bed, clean bathroom, clean everything! Comes with a small mini fridge to keep your drinks cool, comes with a microwave and also a safe to keep your valuables. Hairdryers, iron board, iron, you name it they have it.

Sleep quality: The beds were wonderful. The sheets smelled fresh, and plenty of pillows of were provided. They also had one soft pillow and one firm pillow for you to choose from.

Overall, I like this hotel, the pool area was wonderful. It has a lot of space so I never really feel the pool was too crowded. I do think that staff should regularly check on the pool area because I often see kids jumping off the waterfalls, from one side to another, and its pretty dangerous.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lidk
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is an awesome hotel with friendly staff, excellent accommodations, a fantastic pool, and easy beach access. We are locals that have been just about everywhere there is to be around Pensacola. The service we received from the staff of this hotel was top notch - from desk staff to the tiki bartenders to the beach-side staff. Our room was great with lots of space, very comfortable beds, and unbeatable views overlooking the beach and pool area. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to visit Pensacola or to locals looking for an easy get away. We will come back just to hang out by the pool and tiki bar, regardless of whether we stay the night or not!

1 Thank dpjehlejr
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Would highly recommend this hotel for a beach vacation. Excellent new hotel with close access to the beach. We had a room with a Balcony Beach Front and it was a beautiful view of the Beach and the Lazy River Pool. Also, have great drinks at the Tiki Bar and Riptides Restaurant with great food for having lunch at the pool. The location is excellent within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Service is outstanding and the rooms are new and very spacious. Planning a trip back at the end of the summer before school starts. The best hotel to stay at while you are visiting Pensacola Beach !!!!

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Wonderful to keep young and pre-teens busy. I was able to relax by the pool while my son played. Most of the adults enjoyed the lazy river as well. Marsha was wonderful at the front desk. The food prices were too high as were the drink prices. The hotel has only been open a few months do I do feel they will improve on the food.

Room Tip: A kids suite on the 11th floor great for privacy!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 30, 2011

One word..WOW! From the moment we walk in the door it was a wonderful experience. Amber check us in and made sure our visit was great the entire time. There is absolutely nothing I can say was ever negative or disappointing about our time there. We ate in Riptides three times during our 3 day stay. Each time we had excellent service and great food! Everything was delicious. Our childeren had a absolute blast if it was in the indoor pool, outside pool or just on the beautiful beach. Even my 10yr said "Mom this is the best place to stay!! Everyone is so nice." Room was so clean and very accommodating. View was gorgeous! We have already booked for June and are trying to work another visit out before then! They exceeded my expectations!

2 Thank GolfFmly