“Beautiful location and pool....except....”

Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Beautiful pool and location directly on the gulf of mexico. The beach and views are incredible. The only problem we had was at the pool bar. The service was terrible. They wouldn't accept our Canadian drivers license as form of Identification even though we used it everywhere our entire trip. The bartender was very egotistical and arrogant. Trying to save the world one drink at a time I guess. We didn't care either way, but this is a hotel with international guests. I don't ever plan to bring my passport to the pool - not safe and not worth the risk. It's fine if the bartender wanted to exercise his "authority" but he was a total jerk. Would probably just take my business elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: April 2011
Jasmine H, AGM at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you for your review, we have been a little busy over the last 5 years. I am so sorry it took us this long to acknowledge you. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Three things I look for in my travels, Location, Service and Price. This hotel had all three. My room over looked the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and was extremely appointed with a Microwave and mini Refrigerator. This was the first hotel that I've stayed that had more than two coffee servings in the room. Breakfast from the buffet and eaten on the sun deck listening to the roar of the gulf can't be beat. You Gotta Love this Place I did.

Room Tip: Ask for Marsha go for the Gulf Side, High floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HIRPB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2011

I am happy to hear that our property reached your hotel expectations. Thank you for your positive feedback and review. I also enjoy listening to the roar of the gulf in the morning. Our balconies are definitely the place to be if you are looking for such an experience. I hope your next time through town you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Holiday Inn Resort. It's within walking distant to many eateries and shops. Amber and Marsha were very helpful in providing directions to various attactions. They were very polite and willing to assist when requested. Great location, and great accommodations, Breakfast buffet was delicious. Richardson, Indianapolis, IN

Room Tip: Request a room facing the gulf
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Stayed at this property over a busy weekend and was very impressed with the service I received from the minute I walked in. The hotel was fun, colorful, and very clean. That was the good, now the bad....my wife and I left to go shopping in the morning and when we returned mid-afternoon, we had no place to park? I drove around the parking lot for almost 10 minutes waiting to get a parking spot only to watch what looked liked locals free up a spot for me. After venting to the manager, I walked away completely satisfied and feel confident this will be corrected on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for complimenting the service quality and design of our hotel. We are always excited to here positive feedback. I apologize for your parking inconvenience and am confident that the problem is fixed, and will not be a issue on your next visit. My staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

The staff was curtious and helpful. The rooms we spacious and clean. The outside amenities were great, the lazy river, water fall, and Tiki Hut outdoor bar were great. Overall we could not have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
HIRPB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad the here that you enjoyed the lazy river and pool deck area. My staff and I thank you, and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Pensacola Beach for our 38th anniversary...never been there so it was all a new experience and we had no reservations. We stopped at Visitors Center and was told the Holiday Inn Resort was new and very nice, so we went there. IT was beautiful! And all of the staff was wonderful and very friendly, including the staff at the pool and tikki bar. The room was very clean and very well decorated. We stayed on the Gulf side and had a fantastic view!

Room Tip: I would highly reccomend staying on the Gulf side
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for you review. We are excited that you choose us to be a part of you anniversary weekend. I am happy that you got to enjoy the tiki bar, it is certainly a beautiful place to be. Next time you are looking for a getaway give us a call and we can deliver another memorable experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2011

FUN FUN FUN!!! We just arrived home from staying for 4 nights at this Holiday Inn Resort and can’t wait to plan another trip back! This property just opened in March 2011 and has a surf/beach theme of bright modern colors. The front desk staff upgraded us to a gulf front room with balcony at no additional cost. The room was a standard room including a flat screen television with DirecTV, DVD player, clock radio with IPod dock, mini frig, microwave, safe, hairdryer, and iron.

The best part about this property was the pool area! The zero entry pool has several waterfalls that flow directly into the pool, some waterspouts for the kids to play in, and a lazy river attached with large float tubes (my nephew loved the lazy river). There are two hot tubs, a small baby pool, and a small indoor heated pool, too. Towels were provided, so leave yours at home! Directly overlooking the pool area was a fully functional Tiki Hut with beverages and food.

Just on the other side of the pool is the boardwalk to the beach! OMG-WHITE SAND AND CLEAR EMERALD WATER (no seaweed or jellyfish)!!! There are rental chairs with umbrellas ($28 a day/$14 half a day-The beach attendant was willing to make a deal if you wanted to rent for more than one day). The beach was clean and well patrolled by the Pensacola Lifeguards.

Another huge asset of this resort was the on property restaurant, Riptides! The food was fantastic- http://www.riptidessportsgrill.com/menus/! I think my sister would eat the beer cheese soup everyday if she could. We loved the sliders (a mini bacon burger, a mini crab cake, and a mini Mahi slider), the nachos, and the French fries (I know your thinking French fries, REALLY, no try them!) Kids eat for free with an adult. The breakfast was just your standard Holiday Inn B-Fast. Don’t get the breakfast buffet, it’s overpriced and you can get the same thing off the menu for cheaper. The only negative thing was the service. It was slow at best! We ate here four times and only had one prompt server-JOSEPH (ask for him-he was FANTASTIC).

Other random thoughts- I spoke with the front desk staff and she told me they will offer kids activities and pool side movies during the summer season. There was a large workout facility with large windows overlooking the pool and beach. Coin operated washing machines/dryers were available on two floors. The bay front rooms do not have balconies, but offer a great view! There was plenty of parking (free of course). There is a toll bridge coming onto the island, fee is only $1. Only one gas station nearby, its to the right of the resort.

Lots of restaurants nearby, here are some I recommend…
-CRABS-walking distance up the beach- seafood with a playground for the kids
-Florida Pizza Kitchen- across the street- Yummy homemade pizza
-Peg Leg Petes- Just a short drive away- Great Seafood-Best crab claws ever!
-McGuires- Over the bridge- authentic Irish food-worth the drive- get the appetizer platter

If you have extra time, drive down to Fort Pickens (maybe 5 miles from the Holiday Inn). It is an authentic fort that once held GERINIMO. It cost $8 per car for a 7 day pass. My nephew enjoyed exploring the tunnels and passageways. It has a pier that does not require a fishing permit if you’re into fishing. It’s suppose to be the best fishing on the island.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are always excited to here of our guest having not only a great time at our hotel, but also the surrounding area. Like your sister, I am also a big fan of Riptides beer cheese soup. I hope next time you are visiting the area you will choose our hotel for your stay, we look forward to seeing you again.