We have not been back to this hotel since it bacame the Holiday Inn Express. It used to be the Dunes before Hurricane Ivan destroyed it and many other places along this beautiful beach. When it was the Dunes it was the best hotel I think. The employees were so very nice, even then. I think it was privately owned and they had to rebuild previously from other acts of nature. Glad that Holiday Inn made it so nice. The old pool was off the lobby with a waterfall from the second floor. So I know the pool is brand new or however many years old since they re opened, two years I think. When there has not been any active storm season, the water is clear and calm. So clear you can see if you have dirt under your toenails! We loved it then and we cannot wait to come back to see the new "Dunes". We found it by accident in Sept. the week after 9-11. We were supposed to fly to Vegas. No flights so we decided to drive down from OH and check out Pens beach for our vacation. We stopped in many hotels and decided on this one. We have been solid patrons to Pens beach ever since and the Dunes. And Peg Leg Petes is a great restauarant. Not sure if Sidelines is still there, it is close to the pier and is a sports bar with enough TV's to show every pro football game every week. Gooooood food too! If you are looking for a great family vacation and love the beach, you will not be disappointed. And the Aviation museum is awesome. Also the Blue Angels have practice showes when they are on base. They also have two big air shows, one in Nov and one the second week of July right over the beach. But the crowds are large. 30 to 40,000 just for that weekend. But if not into the crowds and lots of drinking, come some other time to enjoy the peace and nature that Pens beach offers. NIce little stores and bars at the area across from the piew. Looking forward to meeting all you employees of my old Dunes! Thanks for reading my thoughts, hope it was helpful. VJ, female, 40's, travel mostly Carribean, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EVERY room at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach overlooks the Gulf of Mexico. Located away from the crowds(our next door neighbor is a sand dune preserve)but close to everything. Our 100% smoke-free Pensacola Beach hotel offers an outdoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Each beachfront hotel room features a private Gulf front balcony. Whether you are in Pensacola Beach for business or leisure, our hotel provides a premiere serene location with comfortable amenities. The white sands of the Gulf of Mexico are literally in our backyard. Historic and scenic Fort Pickens National Seashore is a few miles from our hotel on Pensacola Beach. Diving, fishing, snorkeling and boating are fun activities nearby, and Quietwater Beach Boardwalk, within walking distance, offers shops and restaurants. Our great island location provides you with endless possibilities. Getting to meetings and conventions is easy as the Pensacola Civic Center is eight miles from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida. The Pensacola State College, Pensacola Christian College and Naval Air Station Pensacola are 15 miles away. Our hotel near Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the perfect place to stay during your business trip. Come Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach and see that the only thing we overlook is the Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Holiday Inn Pensacola Beach